TSR Weight Loss Society Part II Watch

This discussion is closed.
polka_dott
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Been eating healthily all week so I treated myself to a muffin at bakers oven today and will have a syrup pudding from M&S on sunday that I bought today

I've added more to my workouts at the gym in terms of cardio-I now do 30 mins cross trainer and 12 mins HIIT on the treadmill now my foots better. I also do 30 mins of my workout DVD 3/4 times a week. I'm 9st 2lbs and I want to lose 2lbs before xmas definately, its just the last 3 pounds, but I fit into all my size 8/10s now and want to just be more toned!

Yesterday's food:
B: porridge with ss milk, 1 apple
L: chicken sandwich on wholemeal bread, 2 oranges
D: mince meatballs, carrots, cauliflower, 1 potato, 1 apple
Drank: 2.5 litres of water, 2 cups of tea

Today's food:
B: 2 weetabix, ss milk, 1 pear
S: 1 satsuma
L: jacket potato with beans, 1 chocolate chip muffin
D: beef chilli with handful of brown rice, 1 satsuma
Drank: 2.5 litres of water, 2 cups of tea
internet dating superstud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok today I had the following:

'breakfast':
Egg + cress sandwich (250 kcal)
a bag of walkers crisps (150 kcal roughly, unsure)
bottle of diet coke (like 1 kcal)

lunch:
1 sausage roll (just looked it up, 290 calories lol and it wasn't even filling. bad idea.)

dinner:
peas (100? who cares they're peas)
fish fingers (200 kcal)
chips (270 kcal)

snack:
sooooooooooooup (138 kcal)
finished a half empty bottle of lucozade I found at the back of my fridge, because I'm a fool and wasn't thinking. It was flat and tasted like ass (70 kcal)
water! (nothing! w00p)
2 teacakes (100 kcal)
1 cup of tea (probably not even worth mentioning... maybe 20?)

Total: 1589 kcal. Omg I ate that little? It was a generous estimate, too. I don't even feel hungry. I guess that's a good thing. Or probably not, thinking about it, considering I'm 6'2 and thus probably need more than the reccommended 2,550 calories a day for a guy. Now I feel weird. I'm half tempted to go make myself a sandwich.

Well whatever, I checked my weight this morning, and I'm down to 13.12, the lowest I have been since I can remember, which kicks ass bearing in mind that I was 14.1 like when I made that first post like 2 days ago. My target weight of 12.9 suddenly seems attainable, assuming I still put effort into it.

(I am aware that my future weight loss wont follow the trend of 1.5lb a day)

Sidenote: I went to the gym two days ago, and pumped my guns, blasted my quads etc. I got some free weights and did every exercise I could think of to my arms, multiple sets of exercises. The next morning the pain was so severe I literally couldn't move my arms, I walked like a penguin for the whole day. Damn me for throwing myself into things with wayyy too much passion. Even now it hurts to move my arms. I decided against going to the gym again today.

I am also going to start cycling to lessons. I've been taking the bus like 2 miles each morning, which is retarded when I can take my bike. I've been spending £1.05 a day on bus travel. I'm also going to prepare my own meals. Buying food in town blows, everything is so expensive unless you really know where to look.

And I am now rambling! So I will stop.
Carreh
Badges: 2
Report 11 years ago
Ok I am so dehydrated my lips bled yesterday. ZOMG. But I am sick and I can't eat or drink, it hurts too much But I know I need to force myself. So, my aim for the day is 3 litres, thats like double what I have been drinking. But going to try it in 500ml chunks, and I will drink Coke / Lucazade, bugger the calories atm I need to drink different things to keep me interested in drinking!
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes!!!

I've lost 3lbs and smashed my month of not losing anything!

And the irony of it is; I've been quite bad with what I've been eating this week. The last three days especially, cakes and crap galore:confused:

Praying it isn't just water weight or something:rolleyes:

But, for now, very very happy!
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
I've just started some new anti-depressants to get me through a stressful period.

I tell you ladies - they reduce your appetite significantly! Eating is such a 'chore' now. w00t!
You'd better really, really hope that the kids who'll be reading this aren't half as stupid as you. You really are like a walking advertisement for how to **** up your health and that was the most fantastically irresponsible post. Kids, antidepressants are not sweeties to be taken when you're feeling stressed, they are to treat clinical depression which is something quite different. Sadly GPs are happy to dish them out to anyone these days if it means they get whingers out of their surgery. They're also not worth taking for the possibility of appetite suppression as it's not a guaranteed side effect and the others you might experience are far more unpleasant. I'm sure anyone reading this is clever enough to know all this already but I just thought I would make it clear as there clearly are still people who labour under the dangerous illusion that weightloss is the only requisite to being healthy.
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I couldn't agree more with you Jennybean, on all points you made.
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All I thought was I wish I had some of those pills

Stupid minimo :mad: silly dumb minimo.
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
I couldn't agree more with you Jennybean, on all points you made.
:dito:
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Since when is hardly eating healthy, anyway??

Guh.
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
I've just started some new anti-depressants to get me through a stressful period.

I tell you ladies - they reduce your appetite significantly! Eating is such a 'chore' now. w00t!
Dude tell me about it. I was put on anti depressants and antipsychotics, and I lost like 2 stone through just wasting away and not wanting to eat.

I really don't recommend it though lol, they make you feel horrible.
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LOL yeh that post was HILARIOUS LOL.
HereFishyFishy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Jennybean)
You'd better really, really hope that the kids who'll be reading this aren't half as stupid as you. You really are like a walking advertisement for how to **** up your health and that was the most fantastically irresponsible post. Kids, antidepressants are not sweeties to be taken when you're feeling stressed, they are to treat clinical depression which is something quite different. Sadly GPs are happy to dish them out to anyone these days if it means they get whingers out of their surgery. They're also not worth taking for the possibility of appetite suppression as it's not a guaranteed side effect and the others you might experience are far more unpleasant. I'm sure anyone reading this is clever enough to know all this already but I just thought I would make it clear as there clearly are still people who labour under the dangerous illusion that weightloss is the only requisite to being healthy.
I have to agree too.

It is incredible how doctors dish out anti-depressants these days. They are so bad for you, unless you are clinically depressed.

Taking anti-d's will not make you lose weight. Some people will gain weight on them; some will stay the same. Some will not be able to sleep; others will be drowsy all the time. They can also come with feelings of anxiety, bad dreams, irregular periods, stomach pains...a multitude of symptoms. And these symptoms will only be worth stomaching for a while IF you are actually depressed and NEED the long-term effects of medication. That is all.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
guys, granted you're right and anti-deperessants shouldn't be taken lightly and her post could definitely help the destructive, just remember, she wasn't exactly meaning it in that sense.she used the wrong words and we shouldn't kill her for it.although i have to agree that what she said was a irresponsible.
SilverWings
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh I'm not comdeming her to hell, so you know.

I just think it was a stupid thing to post, that's all.
La Trampa
  • CV Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ok maybe 'kill' was a wrong chose of word, but you know what i mean
ChocolateEyes
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Maybe it could have been worded differently, but I don't think the post was meant in to advertise them
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UGH. Feeling so utterly **** about myself today. Just wish I was home with my mum and dad who'd make everything better. Keep crying all the time and I have my period.

Brekkie - half a bagel
lunch - chicken breast and courgettes
THEN I WAS SUCH AN IDIOT AND ATE A BAR OF CHOCOLATE
I feel so ****, I'm gonna skip dinner (or just have a banana) seeing as I have drinks later with my tutor and could really do with some free booze to drown my sorrows.
Dramatic Star
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Breakfast: Cereal with low fat milk
Lunch: Jacket potato with cottage cheese
Dinner: (will be) Chicken korma (low fat sauce) & rice.

Finally my tummy is feeling flatter! I'm mooooooooooooootivated!
becky.fm
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've had a crisp sandwich (300) and loads of choccie swiss roll (650) so i can eat barely anything else today. :bawling:

I feel so **** too, minimo. :hugs:
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by SilverWings)
LOL yeh that post was HILARIOUS LOL.
Excuse me?

For your information I was talking from personal experience. I'm the last person to think this is funny.

Go **** yourself, I was on your side, but trying to avoid being confrontational.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (956)
79.87%
Leave (241)
20.13%

Watched Threads