The Student Room Group

I keep worrying

I am trying to tackle my mental health but every time I see a glimpse of happiness it's like I have to worry, it's like a compulsion, I can't stop it and it's so overpowering and makes me panic. Has anyone experienced this and have you got any tips that could help?
Happiness doesn't last forever, however neither does sadness
Original post by Anonymous
I am trying to tackle my mental health but every time I see a glimpse of happiness it's like I have to worry, it's like a compulsion, I can't stop it and it's so overpowering and makes me panic. Has anyone experienced this and have you got any tips that could help?

This sounds like me when I was at uni a few years ago. The course I was on was very stressful and as a result I kept panicking and worrying to the point where I was always stressed out and starting getting panic attacks. Even when i tried to study I was always stressed, worrying and kept panicking all the time. In the end I ended up dropping out of the university and course and sometimes I feel like this decision was the biggest mistake of my life as the university and course was very competitive. [Im on a different degree now and doing well]

A friend of mine on the same course started feeling the same way. She went to the docs and they prescribed her some medication [pills] and she seemed to be fine after that. I would just say if your feeling like that then you should go speak to your doctor. I'm not saying you should start taking medications to help you deal with your mental health but they can offer other solutions such as cognitive behavioural therapy. My advice would be that you need to speak to your doctor and see how they can help you [esp if you're at uni]. Sorry for posting anonymous.

Quick Reply

Latest