The Student Room Group

MSci or BSc Chemistry degree?

The first two years of the BSc and MSci are exactly the same.
I'm currently on the BSc and I have a year in industry included in my programme.
The MSci does not have a year industry included although I could do a summer internship instead.
I'm also hoping to do a Masters after all this. What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you do the MSci you don't need the masters as well. Get as much research experience as you can and it's a good idea to change unis after your BSc so I'd say do the BSc with the placement and then do a masters elsewhere.
Can anyone please help me out with the pros and cons of a BSc and MSci, I want to study Physics and I see no reason for me to pick MSci other than that it's an undergraduate course so my student loan will still apply (so funding is easier) but that's not a good enough reason for me. Are job opportunities much greater with an MSci? Thanks in advance.
Original post by alleycat393
If you do the MSci you don't need the masters as well. Get as much research experience as you can and it's a good idea to change unis after your BSc so I'd say do the BSc with the placement and then do a masters elsewhere.

I agree that the year in industry for something such as chemistry is invaluable, and then you have the option of doing further work experience prior to starting your masters year if you need to fund it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending