The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laureneliza98
The logical reasoning test was scary easy. Hopefully I have not been daft and overlooked my answers.I wonder how long the wait will be till we hear back.

A couple of the questions I seriously had to do a double take on them, like the if AB is to CD blah blah blah question, because they just seemed too obvious

The cut off was mid day today, which is why I'm expecting responses sometime this week

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by BradPennick
I had the online tests as well Lauren, but no initial rejection. How did you find the test? I thought they were strangely easy

I thought the same about the English diagnostics.. quite simple
Original post by J.allen18
I thought the same about the English diagnostics.. quite simple

What did you have to do with the English test? I was thinking you would have to come up with a counter argument to that publication that was attached to the email

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you have to do with the English test? I was thinking you would have to come up with a counter argument to that publication that was attached to the email

Posted from TSR Mobile

There were 8 questions asking you to pick out key features and meanings from the text. The 9th was an essay for both positives and negatives of it. Simple stuff
Original post by J.allen18
There were 8 questions asking you to pick out key features and meanings from the text. The 9th was an essay for both positives and negatives of it. Simple stuff

I couldn't help but think that I was missing something glaringly obvious. One of the questions was so unbelievably simple I got 3 members of my family to check it as I thought I was going crazy
I'd recommend emailing the University to confirm this. I'd be surprised if they forced you to travel from Stockton for your entire degree, so your extenuating circumstances will likely grant you the ability to change your college choice

Where did you hear that we'd hear by the end of the month? Was really hoping it'd be in the next couple of days so I can make sure I can get time off for the post-application open day

I rang up on Friday and missed quite a few people/got put through to loads of different but relevant departments - ended up contacting the same person who did my interview for the Psychology. She wasn't sure what was going on in terms of college applications but when I asked when I should expect a decision she said they're aiming for the end of the month.

I'm in the same boat about the Open Days, it's a bit annoying but I think you can organise to go see the departments of interest etc if need be too which I'm thinking of doing! Considering I live down south I have to arrange everything way in advance and have to get the train which costs a fair bit.. definitely not going to make the Open Days even if I received a decision today!
Original post by egraham94
I rang up on Friday and missed quite a few people/got put through to loads of different but relevant departments - ended up contacting the same person who did my interview for the Psychology. She wasn't sure what was going on in terms of college applications but when I asked when I should expect a decision she said they're aiming for the end of the month.

I'm in the same boat about the Open Days, it's a bit annoying but I think you can organise to go see the departments of interest etc if need be too which I'm thinking of doing! Considering I live down south I have to arrange everything way in advance and have to get the train which costs a fair bit.. definitely not going to make the Open Days even if I received a decision today!

I'm in Essex myself so I'm in the same boat as you. I'd prefer to be able to go to the open day because the University usually arranges for you to stay in your chosen college and get fed there, to give you as clear an idea as is possible
I'm in Essex myself so I'm in the same boat as you. I'd prefer to be able to go to the open day because the University usually arranges for you to stay in your chosen college and get fed there, to give you as clear an idea as is possible

Oh my gosh I didn't know this??!!! That would have been so good and helpful!
Shame :frown: ah well
Oh my gosh I didn't know this??!!! That would have been so good and helpful!
Shame :frown: ah well

Well the open days tend to be held around the easter vacation, which this year runs from the 18th of march to the 23rd of april, so there's still a chance you might be able to manage it! If not, just call in sick :smile:
Well the open days tend to be held around the easter vacation, which this year runs from the 18th of march to the 23rd of april, so there's still a chance you might be able to manage it! If not, just call in sick :smile:

That makes sense actually. I'll have to see if I can! Thanks for that :biggrin:
Guys, just had confirmation by email from a member of the admissions team in the Foundation Centre that all applications are expected to be answered by 31st of March.

Anyone worrying about college applications and whether or not there will still be spaces for you, I was also sent the following link to the collegiate office website:

https://www.dur.ac.uk/collegiate.office/allocations/details/
Guys, just had confirmation by email from a member of the admissions team in the Foundation Centre that all applications are expected to be answered by 31st of March.

Anyone worrying about college applications and whether or not there will still be spaces for you, I was also sent the following link to the collegiate office website:

https://www.dur.ac.uk/collegiate.office/allocations/details/

thank you! good luck everyone!
Looking forward to hopefully hear from the Uni next week!!:biggrin:
Can I ask, by any chance is anybody able to tell me at what point you receive your college allocation? Do they tell you as soon as you get an offer from them, or as soon as you accept an offer from them?
Looking forward to hopefully hear from the Uni next week!!:biggrin:
Can I ask, by any chance is anybody able to tell me at what point you receive your college allocation? Do they tell you as soon as you get an offer from them, or as soon as you accept an offer from them?

From what I understand, when you formally accept your place you're put into the allocation system
You get allocated a college once you received an offer.
Okay thanks guys! I did wonder whether it was straight away or not. Have sent an email now about accommodation just to ask a few things :smile:
Just got my conditional offer today, elated! :ahee:
Congrats what college and which subject
Original post by BigBadAsh
Just got my conditional offer today, elated! :ahee:

Congratulations man. What's the condition?
Congratulations man. What's the condition?

Thanks buddy! And it's subject to me receiving A*AA in summer examinations.

You'll be hearing soon! Friday is close!

Latest

Trending

Trending