Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Study in the Netherlands

    • Thread Starter


    I am interested in studying in the Netherlands, but I believe I need to complete a further year of study in order to enter top research universities, like what they call a foundation year in the UK, can someone tell me how this foundation year works in the Netherlands? I'd like to start in January, in order to start an undergraduate degree in Politics in September 2017, preferable in the University of Leiden, Utrecht, Groningen, or VU Amsterdam.

    If someone could help me with this or refer me to some sort of dutch student adviser it would be really great, thanks in advance.


    Hi John,

    I am not sure about this myself, but if you contact Carolyn Barr, the International Relations Officer at Leiden University she can help you out.

    Her email is [email="[email protected] "]
    [email protected]Good luck!Toby
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

How many mugs of tea do you drink a day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.