! Shall i carry on 4 a levels?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I am currently started year 13 and I was doing EnglishLanguage, sociology , fine art and maths at as. Thé results u had was c for eng b for sociology didn't get any for art as it's two year course and e in maths
    I really enjoy maths but I don't know whether I will be capable of carrying them all 4 as well as retaking my as maths to improve the grade overall.
    At uni I haven't decided for any specific course as I am still unsure what to do.
    I was thinking routes such as nursing, architecture, child psychology, or like law.
    If anyone has any ideas and opinions please help . I need to decide soon as possible.
    I am thinking to go to uni like Portsmouth, Bath , Southampton they don't say specific subject and only 3 a level grades but some says it will be useful to do Maths. I am really stuck and this stress got over my work at the moment.
    Fell free to put any ideas down. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Honestly you only need three a levels. Check the average entry profile on the prospectus.

Best to focus on your three best and get the highest results you can. I regret taking 4, if I had taken 3 it would've been easier to get those grades a bit higher.

ReputationRep:
    I have checked they mainly says AAA AAB ABB BBB there is a lot of range. I am just really confused about this. I honestly have no idea what to do. The reason I am in this situation is maths is really important grade and I enjoy maths just in class I do well when it comes to exams I mess things up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eda-bsm)
    I have checked they mainly says AAA AAB ABB BBB there is a lot of range. I am just really confused about this. I honestly have no idea what to do. The reason I am in this situation is maths is really important grade and I enjoy maths just in class I do well when it comes to exams I mess things up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You should ask yourself honestly what is the best grade you can get in each. Pick the top 3. Example: if you can only get an E in maths (unless you want to do a maths heavy degree and it is required by the programme) perhaps keep it as a hobby rather than studying it right now.

Or just pick your favourite three. Doing 4 is only an advantage if you score top marks in all of them. Unis only count 3 typically out of fairness to all students (some schools only allow their students to take 3)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.