Am I just being too sensitive?

Announcements Posted on

My friends recently started sleeping round a little bit more and is constantly boasting about it. She'll message me when shes slept with someone or goes on constantly about sleeping with someone then a few mins later she'll moan about being single or never going to get anyone when she gets more male attention than anyone else I know. She knows as well that I've never had a boyfriend, never had a date, have a rubbish self esteem, never get hit on by guys and still goes on and on about it. So its been annoying me recently and upset me a bit.
    do you think I'm just being too sensitive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My friends recently started sleeping round a little bit more and is constantly boasting about it. She'll message me when shes slept with someone or goes on constantly about sleeping with someone then a few mins later she'll moan about being single or never going to get anyone when she gets more male attention than anyone else I know. She knows as well that I've never had a boyfriend, never had a date, have a rubbish self esteem, never get hit on by guys and still goes on and on about it. So its been annoying me recently and upset me a bit.
    She sounds strange to be honest, is it worth having her as a friend?

I think you're being a bit... bitter or jealous or something else and I think that's an atural response, but at the same time you don't need that person to be all in your face.

ReputationRep:
    this ain't no real friend sweetie

ReputationRep:
    Just put yourself out there if it bothers you that much. Plus, texting you when she hooks up with someone lol, that's really weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I think one thing ive learned in life is that others are, unfortunately, a bit self-absorbed and dont really realise how other people feel.

my dad was in a horrific accident, was taken to hospital, nearly died, then had surgery and was house bound for about a year to recover. i gave my friend a lift to uni and she knew all about my dads situation, but never once asked me 'how is your dad doing?' or 'how are you feeling about your dad, are you okay?'. instead, everyday when I drove her all the way to uni and home again, she would feel sorry for herself saying stuff like "im so ugly, im so fat, im going to fail uni, im not going to make any friends at uni" etc. I would support her, try to cheer her up, etc. i tried to be a good friend, despite the fact that i was under a huge about of stress and responsibility. she was so oblivious to anyone else around her's problems and how they felt.

so yeah, maybe your friend doesnt realise what youre going through or how youre feeling. you could try calmly discussing how you feel with them, thats the only thing i can suggest other than trying to distance yourself.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.