Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would really like a tortoise but I have not beena ble to find enough information on care and what you need. Food, vivarium, heat [pad? Before I'd get one I would really like to have the facilities to keep care of the wee thing.
    Also, if you know where you can get one-small one.

If you have any good information post it here or PM me with details.

ReputationRep:
    Yay. My Grandma has one and its over 25 years old

ReputationRep:
    ahem me!!!

ReputationRep:
    And how do they keep care of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    And how do they keep care of them?
    ours stays in the garden and eats salad all day long. :cool:

lol you don't hear this very often, i would quite like one actually, since they live for ages, can't escape very quickly and look funny when they eat; i don't think my dog would make very good company for it though.

ReputationRep:
    We use to have one, but she escaped and was run over and got all infected and died :confused: . Though she was around 60ish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    lol you don't hear this very often, i would quite like one actually, since they live for ages, can't escape very quickly and look funny when they eat; i don't think my dog would make very good company for it though.
    They sure do live for ages . My grandma had a dog and she got along well with it

ReputationRep:
    Are they hard to look after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    We use to have one, but she escaped and was run over and got all infected and died :confused: . Though she was around 60ish
    awww someone tried to steal ours and take his to another country. We found him at Heathrow Airport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    Are they hard to look after?
    No they are easy to look after

(Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    awww someone tried to steal ours and take his to another country. We found him at Heathrow Airport.
    lol! Seriously? You must be a hero it its eyes then, the poor traumatised thing, at least now it can merrily munch salad all day.

ReputationRep:
    I was at a garden centre in Staffordshire last week and they were selling baby tortoises.

You could also try the RSPCA.

ReputationRep:
    lol! Seriously? You must be a hero it its eyes then, the poor traumatised thing, at least now it can merrily munch salad all day.
    I tell ya. That poor thing has lived a life. They took it from the back garden and my poor Grandma was in a state so we went looking for the poor thing and the animal protection thing said that the people at the airport phoned about one being there and we picked it up. We have put my grandmas address on its shell now

His autobiography will be out very soon

I tell ya. That poor thing has lived a life. They took it from the back garden and my poor Grandma was in a state so we went looking for the poor thing and the animal protection thing said that the people at the airport phoned about one being there and we picked it up. We have put my grandmas address on its shell now

His autobiography will be out very soon
    lol! It'll probably be a best seller as well. :rolleyes:

I hope the address it written on the bottom of its shell otherwise it'll look crap.

ReputationRep:
    lol! It'll probably be a best seller as well. :rolleyes:

I hope the address it written on the bottom of its shell otherwise it'll look crap.

I would like you to know that it looks very good actually I have nice writing

I would like you to know that it looks very good actually I have nice writing
    Is it the latest tortoise fashion then? Everybody is doing it after watching him strutting his stuff. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Is it the latest tortoise fashion then? Everybody is doing it after watching him strutting his stuff. :cool:
    he is cool thats for sure :cool:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.