The Learner driver progression thread Watch

~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you get the CD's and practice theres little chance of failing, go into the test unprepared then you will fail.
smalltownboy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
If you get the CD's and practice theres little chance of failing, go into the test unprepared then you will fail.
I did pretty much no theory preparation, apart from reading the Highway code in the car on the way to the test centre and I got 46/50.

I wouldn't recommend that though.
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
had my 25th lesson 2day we did bay parking on a hil :eek: ...but did it without stalling but did roll back couple times lol...got my practical test on feb 25th cant wait....
brokenangel
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by UltimateJ)
First lesson tommorow! Any tips??:eek: :eek:
wear thin soled shoes ie ballet pumps if your a girl
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by smalltownboy)
I did pretty much no theory preparation, apart from reading the Highway code in the car on the way to the test centre and I got 46/50.

I wouldn't recommend that though.
hehe - true. I must admit i never failed a practice one. I think if people are panicking about failing it and theres time to practise they should make use of the time they have to prepare at least. 20 whatever pound it is, is a lot of money to waste.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by brokenangel)
wear thin soled shoes ie ballet pumps if your a girl
I actually preferred my trainers to ballet pumps - but its personal preference.
Jhawkins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
A mate has given me some CD's to practice with... they are the old style but oh well. I keep on getting 75% on the theory questions... which is alright I suppose
brokenangel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I actually preferred my trainers to ballet pumps - but its personal preference.
Did you not find it hard to find the bite especially in the begining
prettyblueeyes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I bought a pair of trainers to drive in as I found when we did 2hr lessons focusing a lot on manoeuvres/clutch control, the lack of support in ballet pumps/flats made my feet hurt, but I do get that a lot from flat shoes anyway. The trainers do give slightly more grip which is good when learning although if you're really having trouble with the bite then perhaps try it in ballet flats to see if it makes any difference, personally it didn't. Now I've passed I'm starting to drive in other shoes which is weird! You can't really feel the clutch in Uggs and wearing heels felt weird at first but doesn't make that much difference now I'm used to the car, although I tend to take my heels off for flats if I'm doing a longer journey (40mins +).
brokenangel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prettyblueeyes)
I bought a pair of trainers to drive in as I found when we did 2hr lessons focusing a lot on manoeuvres/clutch control, the lack of support in ballet pumps/flats made my feet hurt, but I do get that a lot from flat shoes anyway. The trainers do give slightly more grip which is good when learning although if you're really having trouble with the bite then perhaps try it in ballet flats to see if it makes any difference, personally it didn't. Now I've passed I'm starting to drive in other shoes which is weird! You can't really feel the clutch in Uggs and wearing heels felt weird at first but doesn't make that much difference now I'm used to the car, although I tend to take my heels off for flats if I'm doing a longer journey (40mins +).
ME+UGGS+Driving= Harsh breaking and accelerating plus stalling at traffic lights I cant drive in anything other than ballet flats it just to ruff a ride
prettyblueeyes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree it does make it more difficult and a bit bumpier but I think once you get used to it it's fine. My friend cannot drive in them at all and has to keep flat pumps or Converse in the car for driving and changes when she gets in and out. My instructor would kill me if he knew I drove in heels sometimes, it was a huge bugbear of his!
brokenangel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prettyblueeyes)
I agree it does make it more difficult and a bit bumpier but I think once you get used to it it's fine. My friend cannot drive in them at all and has to keep flat pumps or Converse in the car for driving and changes when she gets in and out. My instructor would kill me if he knew I drove in heels sometimes, it was a huge bugbear of his!
Heels i can do depending how high they are put i think that the fact that i practicaly live in them
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ok....I'm really confused right now, I had my test booked for the 8th of Feb, and I have just looked on the website thinggy now to double check the time and evreything before I tell my driving instructor, and it now says I have a test on the 28th of feb at 8:20 ? I'm pretty sure I did not change it, I even have the letter for the 8th of feb?! Anyone have any idea?
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
phone them up and double check. Maybe they had to cancel your test for some reason and the cancellation letter hasn't come through.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by brokenangel)
Did you not find it hard to find the bite especially in the begining
nope - i found it much more comfortable wearing trainers particularly on 2 hour lessons. I actually found no difference in finding the bite between my pumps or trainers. The grip for me was much better in trainers. Its personal preference footwear.
dreamteam
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ahhh im so annoyed. I had my mock test the other day in preperation for my second test next month, and i failed with one major and one minor.

How have other people faired in there mock test compared with their actual test.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my instructor always manages to fail people in their mocks - don't worry. Your obviously not doing the test tomorrow, the point of the mock is to identify areas to work on and focus on. 1 minor and 1 major is great.
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Apparently my examiner is no longer available! They have over a week and a half to sort out a replacement! I have come to realise these people treat you like ****. But they can because it is a service that we all want and need so bad! If it was a competitive market of driving examiners/companies it would be a very different story.
~Kirsty~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They probably don't have any spare examiners in your area - look for cancellations.
UltimateJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had my first driving lesson!! Went pretty well I thought, my instructor said I was learning quickly as well :P just wanna do it again now!

By the way from a standard stopped position, whats the procedure to start driving away, I keep getting mixed up whether its handbrake, mirrors, or brake which comes first etc lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads