Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 majors on my mock test on monday, but my instructor said not to worry as that was over a 2 hour driving lessons and I'll only be in the car with the examiner for 40 mins! So I wouldn't worry, I'm sure you'll do fine next week! I can't believe mine is less than 2 weeks away, and the next lesson my instructor and I could both do is exactly a week before the test, after over a week without a lesson, so I'm hoping that doesn't bring on a last minute panic next week!

What do people think of having extra lessons in the days leading up to the test/ on the day of it? Is it likely to boost my confidence or send me into a panic?

I had extra and found it beneificial cus the majority of them were RAWR im gonan die lessons which everyone has but the extra allowed a few good lessons :p:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I only had extra in the lead up to the 2nd test, but that was only because i had 2 weeks off, and only went back to uni the week before my test. I would probably have a lesson 2/3 days before your test though, rather than say a week before.

ReputationRep:
    Well the test is on the wednesday, and I was planning to have 2 hours (like usual) on the monday, but am torn between doing an hour or two on the tuesday (or not at all?) and then probably an hour on test day. I think an hour on test day is pretty standard, I know of people who have done 2 hours on the day, but I think my concentration would then be shot for the test!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    My instructor told me to wait till the end of my last scheduled lesson and decide then if i wanted to add in the other lesson. I think having a rest day before your test may help you relax a bit it really does depend on how good/bad the lesson is. The hour before the test is called make all mistakes now so you don't in the test!

ReputationRep:
    Passed my test this morning so happy! i need to get used to car's clutch! stalled 3 times in a row lol so happy i passed though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy456)
    Passed my test this morning so happy! i need to get used to car's clutch! stalled 3 times in a row lol so happy i passed though
    Congrats was this your first time?

ReputationRep:
    Nope! My fourth!!! I got there in the end lol with only 4 minors!

ReputationRep:
    Heyhey congratulationings :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Kirsty~)
    I think most examiners mark speeding as a major, whereas going slow when the conditions are ok to go quicker (yes this is an error) is generally a minor, unless your really holding lots of people up.
    Yeah a girl I know was going round part of the test route where I live in 20, where its a 30 zone. She was told that when it was around "school time" to go 20 - but she just forgot to speed up again or something. Anyway, this was one of the things she failed on.

Anyway it was lessons number 3 today (6 hours) and the last one with my smelly/late instructor! He took me to a part of the test route which seemed to be roundabout after roundabout. I cant decide whether this is good or not - pushing me to my limits. I decided that it isnt because I'm not sure what I'm meant to be doing an panicking - a LOT!

ReputationRep:
    omdayz...same here my test route has like 4 roundabouts one after each other, after a dual carriageway of 40mph wdf!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just did a mock got 4minors and a major.

(Original post by Rian1988)
    Just did a mock got 4minors and a major.
    welll done

ReputationRep:
    i need a bit of a lift before mondays test. I need encouragement

you can do it!
    ;yay; :party: 2, 4, 6, 8 who do we appreciate?

GOOOOO dreamteam, GOOOOO dreamteam,
    you can do it you can do it you can do it #macarena# #macarena# #macarena# :party: ;yay;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dreamteam)
    i need a bit of a lift before mondays test. I need encouragement

awww don't worry...just treat your test just like another lesson;

p.s don't let your instructor sit in the car with you well i feel it can be a distraction...especially when you know youve done something wrong the way he/she may look may be a very disappointed look lol
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    awww don't worry...just treat your test just like another lesson;

p.s don't let your instructor sit in the car with you well i feel it can be a distraction...especially when you know youve done something wrong the way he/she may look may be a very disappointed look lol
    I thought having the instructor would be distracting too particularly on manouvres, although mine sat in on my first time after seeing who my examiner was (apparently a mean idiot)

ReputationRep:
    My instructor said he doesn't recommend having him sit in on people's tests just because it's one more person to "let down" when you make a mistake, which puts more pressure on you. So I'll be on my own for my test!

ReputationRep:
    I just had my first lesson today. It went quite well, i got to drive around a bit and done a couple of hill starts. Next one is on Wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbellejess)
    My instructor said he doesn't recommend having him sit in on people's tests just because it's one more person to "let down" when you make a mistake, which puts more pressure on you. So I'll be on my own for my test!
    I think I don't want mine with me because I'll just get put off.

I did bay parking last week. I so hope I get that not parrell parking because I hate it! Got another driving test tonight which I think will be a lot more easy going because there won't be so many cars on the road. Last lesson I had some idiot come onto my side of the road to cut up a load of traffic on his side & he refused to move, but ended up having to cut into the queue because I couldn't reverse (not that I would have done anyway :mad: ). Even my DI said he'd never seen nothing like it before.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.