Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jhawkins)
    Does anyone know of any good websites to practice hazard perception?
    I've done all of the ones on my disk, and I know the ones in my real theory will be completely different but I need the practice generally
    Aye I need to know this too.

Also, anybody know any decent discs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    'grats I assume you mean your practical and not your theory in March :p:
    hehehe yea quickly changed that , ye the practical by the end of March, althought I heard there's like a 6 week waiting list! wanted the option of doing it earlier if possible

ReputationRep:
    ...my driving test is getting closer and closer....one part of me is excited and can't wait to finish having lessons as its drained out my pocket....other part of me is saying im gonna make a very stupid lil mistake on that day that will cost me my test like not driving in the bus lane or cutting corners when going from a major to a minor grrrrrrr......

.....i just really wana drive ona motorway...i love speed lolol
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Calzeh)
    Aye I need to know this too.

Also, anybody know any decent discs?
    I used Driving Test Success which was good.

ReputationRep:
    driving test success is a bit sh** tho ive got it ...and it only has one test on it...like one main test....kinda boring and it keeps on giving me minor one time i ended up with 79 minor wdf?

ReputationRep:
    I have "Driving Test Theory" but I'm fed up of it.. I need new hazard perception clips!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    driving test success is a bit sh** tho ive got it ...and it only has one test on it...like one main test....kinda boring and it keeps on giving me minor one time i ended up with 79 minor wdf?

What version of driving test success do you have? I've been using this and it has over 120 hazard perception clips and over 900 questions - either randomised or preset exams. I've been using the 07 version.

ReputationRep:
    My one is just practical test not theory test...and i dunno what version it is but its this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Focus-Multim.../dp/B0000DGYWT

ReputationRep:
    ah, thats a different one. I've got the theory one - which is quite good if you can get it cheap.

ReputationRep:
    Should be booking my test soon...

ReputationRep:
    Had my 10th lesson today. Went quite well, feels like the basics like junctions have clicked now. Almost like their becoming 2nd nature.

Did a couple 3 point turns and started reversing round to the left which didn't go too bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peach-On-Ice)
    Had my 10th lesson today. Went quite well, feels like the basics like junctions have clicked now. Almost like their becoming 2nd nature.

Did a couple 3 point turns and started reversing round to the left which didn't go too bad.
    Ive been doing the reverse round corners aswell, quite hard to begin with because i was turning to late, but got it on lock down now, well kinda- i go wide sometimes but correct it sharpish when i straighten up

ReputationRep:
    I find reversing round corners alright to be honest... doing three point turn on my next lesson!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I found the really sharp corners easy, but the more gentle corners were harder to judge the steering on! Practise makes perfect

ReputationRep:
    I had my 6th lesson today, went a long the country roads which was quite fun as i did 60 mph, now it makes 30mph seem ridiculous lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie B)
    I had my 6th lesson today, went a long the country roads which was quite fun as i did 60 mph, now it makes 30mph seem ridiculous lol.
    Yeh I found that after going onto the bypass... where the National Speed Limit applies. Going back on the "normal" roads was awful cos it seemed soooo slow!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    hehe - yep - it does for me too! going 40 feels like 20!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my 13th lesson tomorrow.

12th lesson went alrite as far as I can remember but it was in NOVEMBER!

I'm hoping I won't have to go back to square one. Any tips on how to back into the swing of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahra_89)
    I've got my 13th lesson tomorrow.

12th lesson went alrite as far as I can remember but it was in NOVEMBER!

I'm hoping I won't have to go back to square one. Any tips on how to back into the swing of it?
    You'll probably suprise yourself and everything will come back to you. You could always ask your instructor to go over the basics with you before you start.

ReputationRep:
    Had my 25th lesson, because I had an awful lesson last time, we did some work on clutch control. Stopped somewhere quiet, practising finding the bite. Ive always found the bite by lifting the clutch slowly and there's like a little feeling in the clutch that says biting point found but when releasing the handbrake, the car would roll back. So my instructor said when finding the bite at the 'feeling' point to lift the clutch a width of a pound coin so the car doesnt move when you release hand brake.

Its helped me alot, just want to get back to general driving. Think we're going to be doing some next lesson aswell. On quieter roads, I did it well, on busier roads, its that fear of stalling. On a hill, I stopped at traffic lights, when it turned to green I was slow to go. Once the handbrakes released and the car's moving by lifting clutch the width of a pound coin, the car cant stall right unless I dont give it much speed?

thanks

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.