The Learner driver progression thread Watch

Echolife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
omg well done! :ashy: :hugs: that's bloody brilliant.... you must be really good!

i'm so nervous about mine :puppyeyes:

edit: i swear you took your theory last week. how did you get a test so soon?!
There's no waiting really if you can do it weekday in the mornings, so I missed college :ninja:
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It all depends on centre though. My centre was a wait of a couple of weeks, but i know some centres are a minimum of 8-9 weeks even for weekdays.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yep mine is weekday, had to book 6 weeks in advance. london
Echolife
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's some benefit to living in Wales then
Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Putting my provisional application in the post in the morning, first lesson booked for my birthday. wooop!
brokenangel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
what ever you dont put your L plates on as shown below it results in lot of tiny scratches where it get blown around my babies bonnet is a mess.

Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
argh :mad: i might have to find a new instructor, just over 2 weeks before my test. this is so annoying.
coolguy456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
argh :mad: i might have to find a new instructor, just over 2 weeks before my test. this is so annoying.

Aww no, why is that?
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by coolguy456)
Aww no, why is that?
my dad had a fight with her about a congestion charge thing...long story :p: and she didn't bother showing up to the lesson this morning she didn't call me or anything, but when i texted her she replied saying sorry her daughter's in hospital. if she doesn't show up to any more lessons i really can't afford to waste any more time!
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Had a good lesson yesterday Did a really good junction right at the start of the lesson, and a few more throughout the lesson. Clutch control and steering went a bit out of the window at times, mostly when there were other cars wanting to turn right into the junction I was turning into [oops!] but at the end of the lesson I drove home Well to the office, but I did crossroads and traffic lights and pedestrian crossings and roundabouts [including a big one with specific lanes ] and then biggest of all I PARKED I didn't even realise we were going to be driving back to the offic until he said 'Do you want to drive back to the Office, or shall we swap over?' and I was like 'I wouldn't mind giving it a try!' and so we did it

*grins mightily*
tricks
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was supposed to be driving today but got a call in the morning from my instructor, someone crashed into him and the front of the car had been ruined or near enough. I was looking forward to driving today aswell
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aw noes :hugs:
Vesta
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tricks)
I was supposed to be driving today but got a call in the morning from my instructor, someone crashed into him and the front of the car had been ruined or near enough. I was looking forward to driving today aswell
awww i empathise. i was looking forward to a lesson today but my instructor cancelled 'cause her daughter was in hospital.
mackemforever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I had to cancel my lesson on the morning of my test this week and was bricking myself because of it. Didn't make much of a difference in the end though as I still passed.
About to start pass plus lessons next week too.

*EDIT* And if anybody here wants a set of theory books (the official question book with every single possible test question in, and the updated highway code) then I have a copy that I no longer need and can send to you for just the cost of postage (£2 max I reckon, it was £25 new). Also comes with a couple of mock test dvd type things. Just PM me if you are interested.
jus-mi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
how much is passplus...and how long is the course for
tinkerbellejess
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In London it's 150 pounds (Pound sign doesn't work on this mac!) but, you claim 75 pounds back afterwards, so it's effectively half price, although you originally pay it all up front. If you do a google search on pass plus London you'll find details on how to apply (as you have to do it before actually doing the pass plus)
Spinal
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Argh, I'm still rubbish at hill starts. Hopefully, I'll overcome my problems in my lesson tomorrow morning. Tips would be appreciated though.
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah I can do hillstarts alright. I just let the clutch come up a bit until I feel tension, then release the handbrake and *hope* the car doesn't move. Then move off as per usual.
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lots of gas! Find your bite point, and add some more gas and the clutch up by a coins width. Just remember lots of gas!
Rian1988
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey, I got my test tomorrow morning and I am absolutely bricking it just don't know what tomorrow will end up like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads