?
Report 10 years ago
Meh I don't mind really, it's less for me to do
explosiive
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't do left reverse and I have my test next week! I can do all others fine but I can't see out the back window AT ALL because I'm so short! It's annnnoying! If I get it in my test I'm just gonna have to be like "err... no" and fail.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can you see any better if you actually stop the car and then move yourself in the seat?
AntiLearner
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have my exam in just over a week :eek: we were thinking of cancelling last week, but today's mock went well, only 8 minors. Hopefully I'll be alright...
MathematicalMind
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good luck! Just relax and do your best. If you can pass the mock you can pass the real thing
gefmongoose
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by explosiive)
I can't do left reverse and I have my test next week! I can do all others fine but I can't see out the back window AT ALL because I'm so short! It's annnnoying! If I get it in my test I'm just gonna have to be like "err... no" and fail.

For left reverse I slightly lower the left mirror so I can see the curb and use that to tell me how far from the curb I am, and if I need to put more steering on or off. Do not only look at the left mirror though! Keep all around obs, esp over your left shoulder - but check the mirror to see where you are etc.
Also, when you are about to start turning, do a full all around obs first.
Something else I've found helpful is to open the drivers side window a bit - on a few occassions, especially on very wide corners, cars can shoot up behind you and be ontop of you before you even see them out the back window. This would be a serious fault. Having the window open lets you hear for such cars so you can stop in good time.
BabyGirl
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gah I can't bay park.. why oh why oh why
Sephrenia
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Went for a general drive today. Went well - was told to drive one handed for a while - was interesting! But definitely better to do it with someone with an extra brake :p: Didn't stall, had a slight Whoops! With a roundabout, but thats about it =]
HCooper
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the other day was one of the best driving lesson i had, wippieee, we done over taking, and was on a 70mph road, but i got to go 80 cos my insturtor said we gotta overtake tht bus so put ur toof down all theway, lol was reli cool goin reli fast but whn we came off it was well wired cos 30mph was welll slow, lol
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeh 30mph seems sooo slow. Even after I've only been going 40pmh lol. I loved going 70mph though... was an anti-climax when I had to slow down on the approach to a roundabout lol
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive had to take a break from my driving lessons :cry: damn revision! also my instructor had got a new car, i think its a Vauxhall Zafira or something, its a nice car but i think its just too big for me to be learning in so after all my exams are over i think im gonna change driving schools

also, my instructor told me the price of lessons has gone up to £21 :s:
diamondlad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can someone explain roundabouts to me please?
I had a terrible instructor beforehand, and never even got onto them : (
Now i'm with my new one, everything is going well and he said test shouldnt be TOO far off which is encouraging. But I still have slight problems with roundabouts!
What gear do i take them at etc? I was never told this so im sort of being using my better judgment lately!
Rhys.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by diamondlad)
Can someone explain roundabouts to me please?
I had a terrible instructor beforehand, and never even got onto them : (
Now i'm with my new one, everything is going well and he said test shouldnt be TOO far off which is encouraging. But I still have slight problems with roundabouts!
What gear do i take them at etc? I was never told this so im sort of being using my better judgment lately!
On approach slow down, select second gear and look early if you can go (giving way to cars to your right). If you can't, break to stop, then first gear to go.
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'd take them in second gear, if it's clear. If it's not, be prepared to stop.

You give way to the right (as I'm sure you know)... I have to remind myself of that with mini-roundabouts lol
hayley83
Report 10 years ago
Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while. I've had about 40 hours of lessons now. I've changed instructors recently after my other one kept dropping me off 10 minutes early, although still with the same driving school but much happier with this instructor.

I've booked my test for the 16th June, scary.
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's my test two weeks tomorrow! Got 4 lessons left, ever! If I pass that is...
Music Is My Boyfriend
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Been learning since Jan and got my test on the 29th of this month
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm wanting a test in august, do you think because of the weather (so good road conditions) it will increase my chances of passing? Saying that, it did rain on my birthday last year and that's in august!
Jhawkins
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It might do.. but the sun might make it harder if it's too strong!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (115)
72.78%
No (43)
27.22%

Watched Threads