Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    exactly
    Do you reckon that he didn't mean to post that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    Do you reckon that he didn't mean to post that?
    no im agreeing wih him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    no im agreeing wih him
    On what? If its my above post then thanks :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    On what? If its my above post then thanks :p:
    no im agreeing with the guy that said "ya"

ReputationRep:
    ya, lol jokes hehe, i mean it will make a difference but not that much, lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCooper)
    ya, lol jokes hehe, i mean it will make a difference but not that much, lol
    What will make a difference :confused: Do you normally make a habit of speaking in riddles, or is it just a phase you're going through?

ReputationRep:
    Just had my second lesson . did left and right turns and t-junctions. was well good . am really loving driving

ReputationRep:
    I've had to cancel my lesson this week =[ Not sure when I'll be able to have another lesson either - I've sprained my thumb so attempting to change gear wouldn't be nice...And my thumbs strapped up so well I can't move it...

ReputationRep:
    Headed into test area in my lesson yesterday. Hopefully not long now. Doing bay parking next lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Oo I miss it already (not really :p: I just miss talking about learning lol)

ReputationRep:
    lol na

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jhawkins)
    Oo I miss it already (not really :p: I just miss talking about learning lol)
    Nothing stopping you, nows the time you get most of the real learning done anyway

ReputationRep:
    I got my provisional today! =]

Just need to book my first lesson, woooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    Hey u guys 1st time posting in here woo hoo! Had 13 lessons so far, not goin so bad, can b quite funny! i grabbed my instructors knee the other week when changing gear, he was all like 'no, u can touch my leg AFTER you pass!' how embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    Today booked my test for the 21st of June, gives me about 6 lessons to perfect things.

Had a lesson today, and it was absolutely awful. My instructor works during the week so I had 15mins notice to get ready for my lesson which might have been a reason why I performed so badly. I stalled twice (Once when we were in a long que of traffic) and my manuveres were bad. Turn in road was the best one but left reverse park and left reverse round the corner were bad. With reverse park, sometimes the car speeds up and I use the brake to slow it down, I dont like it when the car speeds up, so should I use the clutch to slow it down or put my foot on the brake to slow it down then back to using gas/clutch to park it in.

Im just disappointed with myself, Ive got 6 lessons to perfect these things and get them acceptable.

BTW, any recomended websites where you can get tips on manueveres?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    should I use the clutch to slow it down or put my foot on the brake to slow it down then back to using gas/clutch to park it in.

I always release the clutch a little bit with a little bit of acceleration to speed it up, and when slowing down i just push the clutch in a little. You have got less control over the speed of reverse if you use the brake.

ReputationRep:
    Is there actually a page 160 or is it my TSR being stupid...?

Booked my lesson again - woo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)

54pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)

Mine's coming up with 160 too, don't think it's right though

ReputationRep:
    Its TSR being silly. Theres a post on the last page, but it won't let me view it until I make a post in that thread. Very Stupid.

Broken angel - its 160 for me cos of difference in number of posts per page!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.