Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    yeah...it's awesome for me though as my left and rights are terrible...may have to resort to writing a bit L and R on my hands come test day

ReputationRep:
    I've found it very surprising how difficult it is to remember which way the instructor wants you to turn, must be to do with thinking about everything else at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    I've found it very surprising how difficult it is to remember which way the instructor wants you to turn, must be to do with thinking about everything else at the time.
    I tend to get in a muddle with reverse parking - I can do it fine, just have to always remind myself of each of the wheel turns before I start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PringlePops)
    interestingly, if you do go the wrong way on test (left instead of right) as long as you signal and do the turn correctly, you won't be penalised. according to my ADI at least
    I did this on my test right at the end and instead of turning left into the road to the test centre, turned right further on down some random road and the examiner just laughed at me and made a comment about how much i must have enjoyed the test haha. And i passed

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I was wondering, how long did everyone take between doing their theory and passing the practical (or having first test )??
    13 lessons in, all going nicely :]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)
    Ok, so I was wondering, how long did everyone take between doing their theory and passing the practical (or having first test )??
    13 lessons in, all going nicely :]
    5months but only had about 8 lessons as had a break in learning

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool. I passed my theory today! so was just wondering what the average for TSR is. i'm hoping to get the test passed in under 2 months...but we shall see :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhys.)
    I tend to get in a muddle with reverse parking - I can do it fine, just have to always remind myself of each of the wheel turns before I start.
    Me too, I don't know why, its the same way u turn going forwards lol!

ReputationRep:
    ahh cool. I passed my theory today! so was just wondering what the average for TSR is. i'm hoping to get the test passed in under 2 months...but we shall see :p:
    So did I!!! Congratulations!! Now I'm aiming for the same time frame as you to get the practical passed! Good luck anyway... we can give ourselves a pat on the back!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radio1234)
    So did I!!! Congratulations!! Now I'm aiming for the same time frame as you to get the practical passed! Good luck anyway... we can give ourselves a pat on the back!
    Ahhh congratulations to you too! Aren't we clever

ReputationRep:
    Just got my provisional and first test on the 19th, 1 day after my last exam

Very nervous about that but I hoping to learn before Uni and cram at least 2 lessons a week in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PringlePops)
    yeah...it's awesome for me though as my left and rights are terrible...may have to resort to writing a bit L and R on my hands come test day
    Yep same, my instructor has got so used to telling me to turn one way and i indicate the other, he now tells me in good time lol, "At the end of THIS road, take the RIGHT please", he used to say "turn right at the end please" but now he really emphasises it and makes sure he says it way before I need to signal lol.

One day, he was telling me to keep left cos there was like 3 lanes round a corner, but there was also a left junction and cos i saw his hand point left i turned round a left junction, he was like well at least you went left and not right i suppose lol

but thats a good idea, have L and R on the back of your hand (y) I'm gonna try that one out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhys.)
    yeah same, when my instructor tells me to straighten up, im thinking ****** which turn of the wheel have i jsut done" :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Had my second lesson today. Spent nearly the whole hour driving :eek: Went up to fourth gear, and about 45mph, did right and left turns, did roundabouts! It was pretty intense considering my first lesson was only last week and I spent abotu 5 minutes starting up and stopping the car - and nearly crashing into the curb on my first left turn!
    I'm really enjoying it though, despite it being majorly nerve-wracking!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! I want to pass within 3 months really, but haven't taken my theory yet. I'm ging to Iceland in October and if I have my own Driving license I can drive my own snowmobile !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Congratulations! I want to pass within 3 months really, but haven't taken my theory yet.
    Get your theory out of the way so that you can book your practical at any time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jhawkins)
    Get your theory out of the way so that you can book your practical at any time
    I'm going to. After my last exam on Thursday, I can really focus on learning all the stuff and get it done and dusted in the summer hols hopefully! How long is the waiting list usually for theory tests?

ReputationRep:
    Good

Umm.. well when I went to book mine I could have had it the week after! But I chose not to. You'll get an array of times and days so it's really up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Had a bit of a dodgy lesson today, with just over 2 weeks until my test as well. Kept making silly mistakes like lifting the clutch up too quick and approaching junctions too quickly. At the very end I tried to make a right turn going too fast and he had to use his brake Its so soul destroying when that happens!

ReputationRep:
    of course i mean thayt i dont alow the car down, lol durr i do no how to drive, lol im not a slow coach learner tho

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.