Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl001)
    Just had a really bad lesson. Really not what I need at the mo as my test is in 5 weeks Tried parallel parking about 5 times and couldn't get it perfect on any attempt. Also messed up RRC twice. I think I'm just having a bad day (exam stress etc) as until now my maneuvers have been near perfect.

Argh, I hope this is a one off, its making me even more nervous about my test

I had some terrible lessons not long before my test - it happens. Don't read too much into it. I found it helped to make notes after such lessons on what I did wrong and ways to correct it for the next lesson.

ReputationRep:
    Had a 2 hour lesson today. Did a fine turn in the road and my instructor was impressed because it was on a narrow road and he thought i wouldnt be able to get it round in three I proper smacked a kerb though because i was appraoching a junction in 2nd gear and paniced, looked at the gear stick to change (bad, i know) and hit the curb really hard haha my instructor looked well worried and kept bringing it up! I've been on mostly 2 leesons a week since February and still am not test standard :s: although my instructor keep mentioning "in your test, in your test" so it should be soon. Even after all this is over i won't have a car to drive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stargirl001)
    Just had a really bad lesson. Really not what I need at the mo as my test is in 5 weeks Tried parallel parking about 5 times and couldn't get it perfect on any attempt. Also messed up RRC twice. I think I'm just having a bad day (exam stress etc) as until now my maneuvers have been near perfect.

Argh, I hope this is a one off, its making me even more nervous about my test
    Don't worry. I had an abyssmal lesson the other day, and my test is tomorrow! It happens, don't worry about it.

ReputationRep:
    Woo had my 4th lesson yesterday and we started bay parking.. aced it Instructor wasnt happy as he planned for me to to be there atleast 15mins so after 4 perfect parks he had to think of somewhere to go to make the lesson long enough.
    I loved going on the dual carriageway for the first time

Only thing we havent done now is Parallel parking and reversing round a corner

ReputationRep:
    My test date is looming now and lessons have been mixed lately. The most recent one was good and I only made one or two major mistakes. I keep bringing the clutch up too quickly. Its such a stupid little thing so I hope I don't do it in the test!

Just thinking about my test now is making me feel all tense, god knows what I'll be like on the day =\

ReputationRep:
    This time tomorrow I will have either passed or failed :P

Likely to be the latter as I had a lesson yesterday and attempted parallel park 6 times, before moving on because I couldn't get it right, what a joke. :| I am bricking it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peach-On-Ice)
    My test date is looming now and lessons have been mixed lately. The most recent one was good and I only made one or two major mistakes. I keep bringing the clutch up too quickly. Its such a stupid little thing so I hope I don't do it in the test!

Just thinking about my test now is making me feel all tense, god knows what I'll be like on the day =\
    The two lessons before my test I kept making really stupid mistakes, but managed to pass when the pressure was really on.

ReputationRep:
    I just passed my test! Woohoo so happy
    I got six minors, although I'm not sure why I got one of them for doing my turn in the road, it was the best one I've ever done (I didn't touch the curb or anything). I did an awful reverse parallel park, ended up about 2 meters away from the curb! Luckily, I just kept going backwards and adjusted it so I was ok *wipes brow*
    I got a really good test route, the examiner took me quite far out into the countryside and country roads are easy.

Just got to get insured on my mums car now!

Good luck to everyone else with their tests soon :yy:

ReputationRep:
    An interesting lesson today...my brain melted halfway through and all I could think of was 'Bubbles' That was shortly after I attempted to change gear without putting the clutch down...but everything that was wrong last lesson was right today...or near enough anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrDuck)
    Has anyone else done absolutely loads of lessons, still isnt at test standard, but has started to get bored and because of this drive "normally" rather than "textbook" as the test demands? or is just me? I've been learning for 9 months and have just started longer lessons in order to get in more varied experience (I live about 30 mins from the test routes so 1 hour lessons couldnt cut it). I'm bloody bored of it now, I've had a car sitting in the garage (being worked on) since I was 16, and I find it embarrassing that I have this classic car obsession and yet can't even drive. Sorry guys, rant over. I'm just a bit upset that I used to be so confident about passing really quickly and now it seems like I'll never be ready.
    I was in the exact same situation until I changed instructors. Within about five lessons with the new one he told me to book my test and I'm taking it in a week! It doesn't take long to form the 'good habits' that the test demands and my driving has benefited tremendously from how it was with my previous instructor. It will get better!

ReputationRep:
    Got my first lesson on wednesday (my 17th birthday ) 2 hour with surepass. Realy bricking it Anyone else used/using surepass???

ReputationRep:
    Had a 2 hour lesson today, got my test tomorrow morning.

Not feeling confident, I was rushing and my instructor was having to point things out.

My manuveres were OK, just RRC which I messed up. In the RRC, as you are about to make the turn, is it full left/right lock or is it 3 quarters of the wheel?

If anyone can reply ASAP please, it'd be appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Had a 2 hour lesson today, got my test tomorrow morning.

Not feeling confident, I was rushing and my instructor was having to point things out.

My manuveres were OK, just RRC which I messed up. In the RRC, as you are about to make the turn, is it full left/right lock or is it 3 quarters of the wheel?

If anyone can reply ASAP please, it'd be appreciated.
    If you weren't nervous I'd be worried.

As for the RRC, surely you just have to judge the corner to know how much you're going to steer? Every so often flick back to your left side mirror to see how close you are to the curb and adjust accordingly. Ask your instructor tomorrow though and clear it up!

Don't worry about making mistakes, drivers who have been driving 30 years make mistakes, they won't fail you for being a bit too far from the curb etc, as long as you're on your side of the road and it's reasonable. If you correct your mistakes properly then you'll pass. E.g. if you stall, don't let it roll back. Handbreak on, full obs, then go. If you're safe you'll pass generally.

ReputationRep:
    ^Meh, I didnt pass, got 6 majors and 14 minors. Ill post in the Failed Thread.

I want to take it within 2 weeks but my instructor only has Saturdays to take the test as he works during the week. So ATM, Im going to see if I can book for the 26th when he has a test day.

Im disappointed, but I wasnt overly nervous, thought I hadnt racked up many minors but my instructor goes each examiner's different.

ReputationRep:
    starting my lessons again on thursday after a break of about 2-3 months :afraid: its with a new driving school because i think the other one i was with was kinda messing me about (30ish lessons only 2 manoeuvres :s:)
    dunno what car im gonna be learning in yet, hopefully its a clio or one of the new ford fiesta's :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taffy91)
    Got my first lesson on wednesday (my 17th birthday ) 2 hour with surepass. Realy bricking it Anyone else used/using surepass???
    Im using surepass!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckaboos.)
    Im using surepass!!
    how you finding them?? because their a lot cheaper than some!

ReputationRep:
    I was with Surepass and my instructor was great! I moved to them after a few lessons with someone else and Surepass were so much better. My instructor was really patient with me (i was quite nervous and a bit of a slow learner!) and dead nice and seemed to get through things quite quickly, without pushing me if you get me. I'd definitely recommend them!

ReputationRep:
    Although I passed last Tuesday, so perhaps aren't a learner as such now, this weekend was the first time i've been on the motorway! I visited relatives in Nuneaton, so took the aston expressway from brum and on to the M6 to nuneaton, then the A444. The expressway was confusing! I ended up going southbound on the M6, so had to get off at the next junction, come back on myself and head north. It perhaps wasn't ideal weather conditions for a first experience on the MWay, as on sat it was pouring down, so lots of spray.
    I did find a lot of my worries about motorway driving were baseless. I stuck to the slow lane, and overtook when needed. Check mirrors constantly, and looked far ahead to see how the traffic was reacting.
    Coming back today was a bit scary. There are really strong winds here, so when you passed an open field the car was literally pushed to the right. A lorry infront of me jacknifed into the middle lane at one point.
    Next big motorway journey is from brum to Glastonbury next Tuesday evening

ReputationRep:
    how you finding them?? because their a lot cheaper than some!
    my instructors great, after 6 lessons i already feel like ive moved along so much. hes really patient with me.. im sure your be fine with surepass

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.