The Learner driver progression thread Watch

musicforsanity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Failed my test just last Thursday. Was really shocked at the end as I thought my driving had actually been really good but blech...
Booked another one for mid November, but going to keep trying for cancellations.

I think I may have aggravated the examiner when I did the emergency stop and his sunglasses came flying off. Serves him right...
kiranxxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
awww some are examiners are just horrible and extremely picky..haha sunglasses came flying off loll! hope ur ok
musicforsanity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiranxxx)
haha sunglasses came flying off loll! hope ur ok
I'm fine now. But was really angry at the time.
I know eh? What else could have happened...
Thanks.
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha I drove to work today with my dad and everything went really well, didn't stall or do anything stuff etc etc until I pulled up at the hotel, stopped and put the hand break on - I moved the chair back to get out, pulling my foot off the clutch really quickly when I'd forgotten to put it in neutral. Ooooooops!
Beckieee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Test today at 10.44am aaaaah
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Beckieee)
Good luck, let us know how you get on
Kelly^2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember posting here before my first lesson! I've now had around 30 hours and my test is the 23rd October. I've got a lesson this afternoon, I'm taking lessons right up until my test. Really hope I pass first time because all my mates are now driving to college and stuff and although free lifts are good I'd love to be able to drive myself around!
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sooo.....
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
Sooo.....
Worst. Experience. Ever.

I just got really bad nerves and from start to finish it went totally wrong. I was doing fine before my test and it just got worse and worse and worse.

1 'dangerous' :rolleyes:
2 majors
5 minors

some guy pulled out on me and me and examiner had to slam on brakes and then he made me pull into a carpack and said he had to stop my test and walked back to the test centre.

I'm so gutted it's unbelievable.
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Malinski)
Sorry to hear that! :sad: Stupid guy for pulling out in front of you, blame him :p:
Can't believe your examiner walked back to test centre, why? That's so mean!!
He said "i'm cancelling this test on the grounds of public safety" made me take out the keys, lock the door and get in the passenger seat! I didn't even do much wrong and this made me feel so much worse! I just sat there crying hahah :cry:
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That must have been so hard! So did you not did you not do the whole test?
The examiner seems harsh, but I can't judge. Don't be too down, you'll learn from this, i'm sure! :hugs:
it was about 20 minutes yeah, he did seem a bit harsh, but it didn't help that i started to panic, kept doing at junctions in wrong gears and then started to cry lol

i'm just really angry with myself

yep i've learnt from it :yep: at least i failed in style :rolleyes:
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Worst. Experience. Ever.

I just got really bad nerves and from start to finish it went totally wrong. I was doing fine before my test and it just got worse and worse and worse.

1 'dangerous' :rolleyes:
2 majors
5 minors

some guy pulled out on me and me and examiner had to slam on brakes and then he made me pull into a carpack and said he had to stop my test and walked back to the test centre.

I'm so gutted it's unbelievable.
:hugs: I'm not going to make you describe what happened, I can get that from Malinski's posts. Oh well, at least you've still got Manchester to look forward to later in the week. Are you going up on Thursday? I can't remember what you said before
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: I'm not going to make you describe what happened, I can get that from Malinski's posts. Oh well, at least you've still got Manchester to look forward to later in the week. Are you going up on Thursday? I can't remember what you said before

It was just bad lol i was fine and then nerves got to me and eugh haha i'm off on friday
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well aslong as you know that, pretty damn good.
If you panic, then instructors think you're ready to drive on roads, happened with my cousin too.
At least this way you know what not to do :p:

True, i'll give it a go at xmas hows your driving going?
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was just bad lol i was fine and then nerves got to me and eugh haha i'm off on friday
Oh well nvm! I can't decide whether top go on Thursday or Saturday, if I go on Saturday my bro can come up too, it might be better than him going to school with me at the house, and coming back and I've gone
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Booked my test and I'm quite nervous. I don't know what to expect.

My driving is improving each week... but I'm really nervous for my test. I want to pass first time and I know I'll be gutted if I don't.

How's everyone else dealing with the nerves?
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love mini's, actually should say loved, since foxtons runied it!

And congratulations for passing your theory, pretty good seeing as you're only 17!
Thanks!
sparkles21
Report 10 years ago
Sorry to hear about your test Beckieee.

I had my 2nd lesson yesterday, first time on the roads and it went well. I only nearly crashed into 1 parked car lol! I did left and right turns, clutch control and 2nd gear. It's a lot of fun, I should have learnt years ago (I'm 23)!
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sparkles21)
Sorry to hear about your test Beckieee.

I had my 2nd lesson yesterday, first time on the roads and it went well. I only nearly crashed into 1 parked car lol! I did left and right turns, clutch control and 2nd gear. It's a lot of fun, I should have learnt years ago (I'm 23)!
Thanks managed to have a laugh at about it last night with my friends though

I'm aiming to pass before i turn 19 now
Beckieee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh well nvm! I can't decide whether top go on Thursday or Saturday, if I go on Saturday my bro can come up too, it might be better than him going to school with me at the house, and coming back and I've gone

Family day out aww
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (206)
18.61%
No (673)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (228)
20.6%

Watched Threads