The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3920
Ah, I've my theory on Friday morning and I'm booking my test on Monday - how scary! My driving instructor says my test will probably be the third or fourth week of October, which is scary :woo: I know I have the ability to pass, I just need to absolutely perfect the manoeuvres as I know them but I need to be able to do them spot on without my instructor there to guide me. Apart from that I need to keep an eye on my speed, that's me really! I'm excited, yet nervous..if I fail first time (which is probable) then I'm going to take a cancellation test so I can do it within a week after failing! :yep:
StotheL
Ah, I've my theory on Friday morning and I'm booking my test on Monday - how scary! My driving instructor says my test will probably be the third or fourth week of October, which is scary :woo: I know I have the ability to pass, I just need to absolutely perfect the manoeuvres as I know them but I need to be able to do them spot on without my instructor there to guide me. Apart from that I need to keep an eye on my speed, that's me really! I'm excited, yet nervous..if I fail first time (which is probable) then I'm going to take a cancellation test so I can do it within a week after failing! :yep:

You can't actually take another test within a week of failing, but hopefully you'll pass first time so you won't have to worry about that!
Reply 3922
xKarinx
You can't actually take another test within a week of failing, but hopefully you'll pass first time so you won't have to worry about that!

I'm pretty sure you can :s-smilie: If you go in for a cancellation, my friend failed her test then went in for it again and failed it again and did it again and passed all within two weeks! I'm from Northern Ireland if that makes any difference :s-smilie:
StotheL
I'm pretty sure you can :s-smilie: If you go in for a cancellation, my friend failed her test then went in for it again and failed it again and did it again and passed all within two weeks! I'm from Northern Ireland if that makes any difference :s-smilie:

You definitely have to wait at least 10 working days (2 weeks) between practical tests in England.
becky.fm
You definitely have to wait at least 10 working days (2 weeks) between practical tests in England.

Correct, I was told informed of this today by an examiner.
BananaMuffin
I live bath way :biggrin: which instructor have you gone with?

Sent you a PM with the info =]
Reply 3926
Only had four hours of lessons so far and in an hours time I'll have my first lesson in pouring rain. The instructor made me drive home last time so I have a feeling he's gonna get me to drive to wherever we're going, which I'm not looking forward to in this weather lol. Oh well, it'll be an experience at least...
Reply 3927
Passed My Driving Test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Du Ba
Passed My Driving Test!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :biggrin:
:ditto: :biggrin:
StotheL

cancellations don't always come that quick, they're a lot about luck-sometimes theres loads, sometimes theres not, but yeah, cos you live in N.I. theres no time limit on when you can resit the test. Good luck with your theory-you'll be fine :-) where abouts are you doing your test? I passed mine in larne a few weeks back
My mum says i should look for cancellations, because she thinks i could do my test next week if i wanted to :s: Hmm definitely not!
Failed this morning :frown:
I'm quite annoyed to be honest, I didn't expect to pass, but ending up driving practically the best i ever have. I hit the kerb on reverse round a corner and just fell to pieces...the examiner was nice (he gave me 4 times to solve it!) and i still messed up. I knew by then i'd failed. What's more annoying is this all happened within pretty much the last 5 minutes of the test...and other than that, i only got 5 minors :frown:

Although it has given me more confidence!
I just sat in the back of one of my friends driving lessons (it was for about 2 or 3 minutes - she was giving me a lift home) and tbh, she is a terrible driver. I know it sounds really harsh of me, but it did give me confidence that what i am doing is ok :o:
Reply 3934
becky.fm
I just sat in the back of one of my friends driving lessons (it was for about 2 or 3 minutes - she was giving me a lift home) and tbh, she is a terrible driver. I know it sounds really harsh of me, but it did give me confidence that what i am doing is ok :o:

I thought I had done really badly and thought I had failed but still passed. Had a really nice examier
Du Ba
I thought I had done really badly and thought I had failed but still passed. Had a really nice examier

Congrats :biggrin:
I had a preety bad lesson today!

I was so nervous at the mini roundabout that I couldn't get my leg to keep still! It kept shaking quite badly lol.
Reply 3937
diamondlad
Failed this morning :frown:
I'm quite annoyed to be honest, I didn't expect to pass, but ending up driving practically the best i ever have. I hit the kerb on reverse round a corner and just fell to pieces...the examiner was nice (he gave me 4 times to solve it!) and i still messed up. I knew by then i'd failed. What's more annoying is this all happened within pretty much the last 5 minutes of the test...and other than that, i only got 5 minors :frown:

Although it has given me more confidence!

Hey sorry to hear that! u okie?? were u nervous? i think u panicked once it hit the kerb, so couldnt correct it like u wanted too.
are u going to book ur test again soon? xxx
Reply 3938
I have been talking to different people and it seems alot of the Lessons structures are different. For example, some instructors make sure people have perfect general driving before starting manouvers. Some instructors get stuck into manouvers in their first few lessons. Is this true from peoples experiences?
Learnt a new maneuvre today, RRC. Is slightly difficult, but i got the hang of it. Ill need to work on doing the maneuvre and observations at the same time though. Only Bay parking left as a maneuvre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending