Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Tomdotcom)
    Test tomorrow.. I NEED to pass!
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone who has their test soon..... Mine is in three weeks today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Good luck
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Second lesson tomorrow morning! Excited.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone with their tests

I haven't driven for 2 weeks as my instructor's on holiday so I'm not looking forward to my next lesson..

ReputationRep:
    Mock test next week

ReputationRep:
    Leaving for my test in half an hour.
    I'm actually pooing my pants, never felt this nervous before!

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first lesson, wasn't until 3pm so I set the alarm for 12 incase I wanted to wash my hair, woke up and decided to change it to 1. Then she calls at just before 1 and says can I be ready in 15mins because she's had a cancellation so I had to wash, put on make up and get dressed in 15 mins which is a challenge for me xD

Anyway, we went to this car park near our house and went through the cockpit drill thing, talked about what everything does and told me how to find the biting point which is what I was most nervous about. Then we drove round in an oval type shape, then went on to figure 8, and then practised stopping which I just couldn't do right! I did it great about 2 times but the rest I made the car jerk as it stopped I just can't press the brake slow enough!

I understand that it's press the brake a little, clutch to the floor, then slowly press the brake all the way down but she said I was pressing the brake so that the car slowed down but then pressing down the rest too fast so it jerked lol I just need more practice I think

As a whole it was a lot easier than I thought it was gonna be, I didn't use the gas pedal only to feel the difference in car movement and I didn't stall once until she reminded me that I hadn't at which point I promptly stalled it xD she said it didn't count because we'd just jynxed it lol!

She asked if I had a highway code book, I said yes but she told me it was a boring read (which I agreed) and showed me another book I should get which covers absolutely everything! £13 it is but I've just found it on the internet for £3-odd lol!

Got another lesson next week and I can't wait, good luck to all those with tests coming up!

ReputationRep:
    Woop! Passed with 6 minors which I think was good considering i was a bloody nervous wreck!

A massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders now....

ReputationRep:
    Woop! Passed with 6 minors which I think was good considering i was a bloody nervous wreck!

A massive weight has been lifted off my shoulders now....
    I passed too, with 10 minors! most of its down to nerves

was a lovely day today weatherwise, no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiyon)
    I passed too, with 10 minors! most of its down to nerves

was a lovely day today weatherwise, no?
    Well done man, yeah at least it wasn't raining!

ReputationRep:
    Well done to those who've passed their tests recently

I had another pretty good lesson today. Again, drove around main roads, same hill start as last week (though less successful, meh), all the same stuff. Went into 4th gear for the first time, and I think it generally went quite well. Starting after traffic lights seems to be one of my main weaknesses right now, like getting the accelerator and clutch just right...usually it's quite a jerky start, but I'm sure I'll get over that in time.

My general driving's going well, I think. gear changes are usually good, and I can now generally tell when to change without being prompted (though with higher gear changed I still tend to ask). Also getting better at positioning the car in the road, though I still tend to veer to the left. And when changing gear I tend to move the car...must get over that!

So yeah, in general I'm happy with how it's all going .

ReputationRep:
    Just had another 2 hour lesson, so thats 27 hours now and 2 weeks 6 days till my test!!..Feeling a lot more confident now, manourveres are much better and going to go out with my Dad later and practise them more. At the end of the lesson my instructor asked me if i feel more confident now and i said yes and he was like "Good, because your really good now"

The only thing he said was that i hesitate at roundabouts too much and we are going to concerntrate on them next lesson. Hate them!

Just got back from the perfect lesson. I did TIR, parallel park and reverse into side road perfectly first time each. I even managed to get all my observations in correctly. Only thing I need to sort out now is bay parking so I can get in the centre of the bay every time (usually I'm way off to one side and need to correct it), then I'll be set for my test in 3 weeks tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    I get to start learning tomorrow! Been practising Theory and HP discs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmyMonster)
    Wooo! Happy first lesson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmyMonster)
    Good idea to start that now! Once you've got that out the way early it should focus you more, I found that anyways

ReputationRep:
    I passed my theory today!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaMuffin)
    Wooo! Happy first lesson
    Thankyou

Good idea to start that now! Once you've got that out the way early it should focus you more, I found that anyways
    I got the discs ooh what, a month ago? Done about 2/3 of each the mock and HP stuff already, will obviously keep learning though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    ..Hmm... when did everyone start getting used to roundabouts, and what made you help understand them... its been my 27th lesson now.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.