Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm having a mixed experience of it. My 23rd lesson went really well and I'd thought I was finally stating to become independant. My instructor seemed to think so too.

But yesterday, on my 24th lesson, I wasn't great. It was at the time when the schools were finishing so there were kids and parked cars EVERYWHERE! I was too slow, too hesitant, too nervous, too fast approaching some roundabouts, and I find that my instrctor really don't help my self esteem.

On the plus side, I didn't stall at all.

WHY CAN'T I BE CONSISTENT!? I learn something one day , and forget it the other, it's soooooo annoying.

I keep getting the feeling I'm gonna end up doing 60+ lessons like my mate had to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MKJL450)
    Ah well done. did u do alot of revision??

Thanks!
    I did a fair amount on the last weekend, yeah.

ReputationRep:
    GRRR today I stalled twice at a roundabout, which is really weird because I haven't done that in months. I also keep making stupid mistakes, which is really frustrating as I would probably fail my test if I did them in it! I know I can drive but I don't understand why I keep getting so stressed out and nervous. Gah.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have made slight improvements over my past few lessons...but I am still not able to get the clutch control right...even with a lot of help from my instructor...just doesnt sink into my brain.. grrr!!

ReputationRep:
    I finally did a perfect parallel park today!

Took me about 10 attempts over 4 lessons haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Sheep)
    GRRR today I stalled twice at a roundabout, which is really weird because I haven't done that in months. I also keep making stupid mistakes, which is really frustrating as I would probably fail my test if I did them in it! I know I can drive but I don't understand why I keep getting so stressed out and nervous. Gah.
    Is your test date nearing?

As in the two lessons prior to my test I made some very silly mistakes. I stalled around three times in one lessons (and I very rarely stall, especially not three times in one lesson) - then I started (very slowly) moving even though there was someone crossing - then I forgot how to count and took the wrong exit at at a roundabout. Luckily all the nerves went in my test and I passed.

ReputationRep:
    I usually have my driving lessons on a saturday, but my instructer has gone abroad and I dont have a lesson for 3 weeks
    Its stressing me out because I need to book my test really, but dont want too as I feel that after 3 weeks ill be back to square one and be RUBBISH again.
    Ohh im anoyed, i just want to pass it!!

ReputationRep:
    Learning to use the moterway is just as bad as learning to drive Especially at night, grr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig)
    Is your test date nearing?

As in the two lessons prior to my test I made some very silly mistakes. I stalled around three times in one lessons (and I very rarely stall, especially not three times in one lesson) - then I started (very slowly) moving even though there was someone crossing - then I forgot how to count and took the wrong exit at at a roundabout. Luckily all the nerves went in my test and I passed.
    It's about a month away, eek!
    I hate stalling, it's so embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Drove to Bristol and back today(hour each wa), hardly made any mistakes so rather pleased with myself! Quite glad as my test is in about a weeks time!

ReputationRep:
    yaaaaay booked my test for 22nd jan.

Just need to perfect reverse around corner and parallel park, and get to know test routes more

(Original post by Dan?)
    yaaaaay booked my test for 22nd jan.
    Is that the earliest you could get or was it the most convenient time? I'm hoping they aren't backed up too far in case I don't pass mine on the 4th December...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Is that the earliest you could get or was it the most convenient time? I'm hoping they aren't backed up too far in case I don't pass mine on the 4th December...
    Same.. except mine is on the 1st. I just checked for cancellations and they are filling up quick. The next available one isn't till 14th january Argh!! *Think positive*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaMuffin)
    Same.. except mine is on the 1st. I just checked for cancellations and they are filling up quick. The next available one isn't till 14th january Argh!! *Think positive*
    Oh dear.....I have a long wait then!! It’s looking more and more like I’ll have to do it in one test or 2 at the most :eek:

Do you book your test then ask the instructor if that's ok then change it if it isn't? I'll need 3 hours for mine (he does a hour lesson before, like most I think) so finding a time me and him are free for 3 hours will be interesting.......Then again it is a month or more in advance so might not be too hard. I don't particularly wanna skive school though lol, don't want everyone knowing!! I'll just say I have the dentist or something :p: Most of them don't even know I'm learning lol, if I suddenly turn up in a car one day :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Oh dear.....I have a long wait then!! It’s looking more and more like I’ll have to do it in one test or 2 at the most :eek:

Do you book your test then ask the instructor if that's ok then change it if it isn't? I'll need 3 hours for mine (he does a hour lesson before, like most I think) so finding a time me and him are free for 3 hours will be interesting.......Then again it is a month or more in advance so might not be too hard. I don't particularly wanna skive school though lol, don't want everyone knowing!! I'll just say I have the dentist or something :p: Most of them don't even know I'm learning lol, if I suddenly turn up in a car one day :rofl:
    My instructor said i was ready to book and to text/phone him the date as i was doing it. I won't cancel it now, but if you want to i would confirm the date with him first. I gotta take a monday off, just gonna tell everyone im ill or something! I'm not telling anyone (not even bf) when my test is! Would be too much pressure!

Just make sure you know when both you and your instructor are free and book a time that suits you. He won't have any normal lessons booked up 4-6 weeks in advance so you should have free pickings really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BananaMuffin)
    My instructor said i was ready to book and to text/phone him the date as i was doing it. I won't cancel it now, but if you want to i would confirm the date with him first. I gotta take a monday off, just gonna tell everyone im ill or something! I'm not telling anyone (not even bf) when my test is! Would be too much pressure!
    lol yea I'll have to do something like that! I don't mind about the pressure as I put so much pressure on myself for everything I do, plus I need to pass by July ish, so even other people knowing won't make it harder than my own pressure! I just don't want the stupid questions afterwards lol!!

(Original post by FXX)
    Just make sure you know when both you and your instructor are free and book a time that suits you. He won't have any normal lessons booked up 4-6 weeks in advance so you should have free pickings really.
    Yea that's true, he doesn't have too many on a normal week I don't think, normally has quite a few options to pick from, but everyone always robs the options I want lol! I need to block book, stupid 2 week 6th form timetable!

Booking a test will be fun, I gotta remember that I can’t bring it forward like my theory lol!! Well I can but the instructor won’t be best pleased with me phoning up to change it all the time, but he doesn’t even know I have my theory test so doesn't know about my 2 changes so far lol!

Checked the site again, not getting any new options :banghead:. As soon as possible gets me one on each of 8, 9, 10 (1 hour 15mins later), 17, 20. If I go to select a date and go through 1 by 1 the only date where I get a big selection is 17th. Looks like it'll be stuck on the 10th now then!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Booked it 2 days ago, earliest date was 21st Jan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan?)
    Wow that is a bit of a backlog:eek: :eek:

(Original post by Dan?)
    Wow. Whereabouts in the UK are you? Obviously it all depends on how many test centres there are in your part of the country.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.