Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    My instructor spent weeks getting my driving perfect then has just added the manouvers on the end, but im doing okay with them- i just know i need more practice, and as i know how to do them i think i may aswell practice in my own car rather than paying to use hers!
    Yeah it is a bonus if you can stay calm under pressure, as ive noticed lots of my friends have failed purely on nerves making them go wrong!
    Yea that's what I've had, it's annoying as I felt I was finally getting somewhere then remembered these, it's all like starting over again, I always do stupid things like forget to turn the wheel back the other way as we near the kerb :banghead: :banghead:.

Yea I suppose it can help, but it's still how well I drive. Gotta make sure I don't speed either :eek:. Getting better at that though!

For people who've done the manoeuvres, how would you rate them in difficulty, 1-4?

ReputationRep:
    Omg yeah, im getting bad with the speeding, i mean i dont mega speed, but when im not with my instructor and in the car with my mum i just chat away and will go about 5mph over the speed limit, gotta learn to watch that in the test!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Yea that's what I've had, it's annoying as I felt I was finally getting somewhere then remembered these, it's all like starting over again, I always do stupid things like forget to turn the wheel back the other way as we near the kerb :banghead: :banghead:.

Yea I suppose it can help, but it's still how well I drive. Gotta make sure I don't speed either :eek:. Getting better at that though!

For people who've done the manoeuvres, how would you rate them in difficulty, 1-4?
    TIR- 1
    Reversing around a corner- 4!
    Reverse Bay parking- 3
    Reverse parallel park- 2

I hate reversing round a corner :P

ReputationRep:
    I booked my test for 17th December. Had around 20 hours in total so im over-prepared. Hopefully I can pass. Got 3 lessons before then so that will just be there to re-assure me. I keep thinking im going to start my test and forget everything :s

ReputationRep:
    arrh i just went out driving with my step dad. It was okay, but in a quiet area there were a load of cars parked on the road where they shouldnt have been and i pulled out to overtake and a car came fast round the corner so i had to reverse, wasnt too bad, i didnt hit it or anything. I just sometimes feel like im not getting anywhere with this driving shizz. I did try and practice my manouvers too- meh they were okay, but i still need soooooooo much practice!

ReputationRep:
    I've got my test on tuesday.

First time, i am so scared.

Any tips?

(Original post by ketz)
    I booked my test for 17th December. Had around 20 hours in total so im over-prepared. Hopefully I can pass. Got 3 lessons before then so that will just be there to re-assure me. I keep thinking im going to start my test and forget everything :s
    23 hours isn't over prepared. Average is 45 hours because so many people book themselves in too early, fail, then end up back to square one because they're so disheartened by it.

Got my test on Thursday. Had a lesson today where I got bay parking sorted, now I just need to go through the questions and do one more country route on my final lesson on Tuesday so I should be all set for my test. woo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Crap, my test is tomorrow! Nervous and excited! have had about 30 hours with instructor and alot of hours in my car (which i'm doing it in). If i don't pass i'll be so annoyed, i've put so much effort into this.

Its at 2.30 so going out tomorrow about 10 to go over manouvres and roundabouts again, and then instructor is picking me up about 1.30...arghh! so nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    23 hours isn't over prepared. Average is 45 hours because so many people book themselves in too early, fail, then end up back to square one because they're so disheartened by it.

Got my test on Thursday. Had a lesson today where I got bay parking sorted, now I just need to go through the questions and do one more country route on my final lesson on Tuesday so I should be all set for my test. woo :woo:
    Yea I was going to say isn't the official average something like 33 hours or something

Good luck on Thursday!

(Original post by BananaMuffin)
    Crap, my test is tomorrow! Nervous and excited! have had about 30 hours with instructor and alot of hours in my car (which i'm doing it in). If i don't pass i'll be so annoyed, i've put so much effort into this.

Its at 2.30 so going out tomorrow about 10 to go over manouvres and roundabouts again, and then instructor is picking me up about 1.30...arghh! so nervous now!
    Good luck , I actually have to do some work tomorrow for a change so won't be on here lol!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone doing tests!
    I dont think you can actually be over prepared for a driving test- as prepared as you can be is always a good thing!!

ReputationRep:
    Gah, finding cancellations is extremely annoying! I've already had one but it's only like 8 days earlier, and really I need one that's a month and a half earlier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Gah, finding cancellations is extremely annoying! I've already had one but it's only like 8 days earlier, and really I need one that's a month and a half earlier!
    Yea, I know what you mean! Very annoying! I'm looking for theory ones, there’s one on Friday at 8:30, too early really, I want like 10:30ish so I can practice before without getting up at 6am! Unless one later on Friday shows up tonight then it'll have to be next Wednesday . Given what I've seen though it should be quite easy to get another one before Christmas if I fail, especially as it'll be holidays so I can do one whenever I feel like it

Are they put online as and when they are moved, or is it updated at a certain time of day?

Good luck in finding a space! . You may get more luck in the next 2 or 3 weeks though, as people will be having their last lessons before christmas and some of them might mess it up and be told that actually they should put their test back a bit so that could open a few spaces

ReputationRep:
    AHHH my test in 6 hours!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! convinced i'm going to fail lol.

ReputationRep:
    Don't go in there thinking you have failed just do your best and try your hardest and who knows if you pass as well then its all good.

ReputationRep:
    AHHH my test in 6 hours!
    Good luck!
    What RTC said is true, don't go in thinking you have failed, just treat it like a normal lesson. You are still learning, they don't expect you to be perfect, just take this as another lesson and whatever the result you will learn a lot from today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Are they put online as and when they are moved, or is it updated at a certain time of day?
    Yeah, as soon as someone cancels it goes back onto the system.

I just found out you can only cancels like 3 times, then you have to pay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Yeah, as soon as someone cancels it goes back onto the system.

I just found out you can only cancels like 3 times, then you have to pay.
    Thought it should (I do a lot of database work), but I thought someone might have to verify it or something first, that's why it asks for a reason?

Cancel as in move the date forward/backwards? That's harsh, it doesn't say it anywhere! I better watch out if I fail my theory then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Good luck!

What RTC said is true, don't go in thinking you have failed, just treat it like a normal lesson. You are still learning, they don't expect you to be perfect, just take this as another lesson and whatever the result you will learn a lot from today
    You said you wouldn't be online, haha:p: . Instructors here in 30 minutes, fingers crossed!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.