The Learner driver progression thread Watch

alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Just did another Hazard mock exam, got 56 this time, was surprising really, got a load of 2's as well :eek:. Got 10/10 on the final question though! Can't believe it's so soon, too late to change it now too so got to go with it and hope for the best!
Good luck for your theory this weekend, hope you pass

I havent really got very far this week with my practice, either been at uni applicants days the last 2 weeks when i would of had practice time with my mum and instructor or parents havent been able to take me out. graah! Hey ho, got a lesson tomorrow!!
MKJL450
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Just did another Hazard mock exam, got 56 this time, was surprising really, got a load of 2's as well :eek:. Got 10/10 on the final question though! Can't believe it's so soon, too late to change it now too so got to go with it and hope for the best!

Lol About your 'Emergency Stop'. Sounds horrible. I hate it when that happens!

Im so not prepared for my theory. I got over a month though. Woop.

I personally think the reverse round the corner is quite simple. Turn in the road is prob about the same - not as hard - not as easy. I have not done the parallel park park yet though and i got that next friday. Today i did the other three - Bay Parking etc.. Was not bad. And it was Lesson 17 and i stalled once!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finally, got a cancellation date. I checked this evening and there were two, so I held both (I'm selfish ) and called my instructor. He told me to take the second one, and here I am!

WOO! :woo:
Cy4nide
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When driving are you supposed to keep your heel on the floor when pressing the pedals? I think I do that when I'm pressing the gas but when I change to brake or clutch my foot kind of hovers in the air and I thought maybe that's why I can't get the balance right.
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cy4nide)
When driving are you supposed to keep your heel on the floor when pressing the pedals? I think I do that when I'm pressing the gas but when I change to brake or clutch my foot kind of hovers in the air and I thought maybe that's why I can't get the balance right.
Its up to you whether you have your heel on the floor when using the throttle/brake, purely a matter of comfort. Although you won't be able to use the clutch with your foot down, it needs to be raised. When not using the clutch you can just put your foot down on the floor though
Cy4nide
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Alex L)
Its up to you whether you have your heel on the floor when using the throttle/brake, purely a matter of comfort. Although you won't be able to use the clutch with your foot down, it needs to be raised. When not using the clutch you can just put your foot down on the floor though
Thanks for that, I thought I might have been doing something wrong lol I'll try the brake with my heel on the floor, maybe it'll stop me from jerking when the car stops
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cy4nide)
Thanks for that, I thought I might have been doing something wrong lol I'll try the brake with my heel on the floor, maybe it'll stop me from jerking when the car stops
Tbh you should probably be able to move your foot from one to the other whilst barely shifting your heel, give this motion a go with the engine off, see if you think it would work for you at all
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol I decided to have my feet floating in midair for first few lessons, god that hurt at times!! I was also told to keep my foot on the floor in private practice lol, but I'm managing ok as it is without doing that! Think she just thinks if she does it then I should, my instructor hasn’t said anything about it though

(Original post by alexa123)
Good luck for your theory this weekend, hope you pass

I havent really got very far this week with my practice, either been at uni applicants days the last 2 weeks when i would of had practice time with my mum and instructor or parents havent been able to take me out. graah! Hey ho, got a lesson tomorrow!!
Thanks, it's Wednesday but need 3 clear working days (so Fri, Mon, Tues) to move it without losing money, so Thursday night was the last time I could put it back, I seriously thought about moving it back to 19th (in between my original 2 dates lol) but stuck with it in the end, if I fail I'll hopefully get the 23rd date.

lol annoying when that happens, I haven't had private practice for a while now!

Lesson on a Saturday :eek:

(Original post by MKJL450)
Lol About your 'Emergency Stop'. Sounds horrible. I hate it when that happens!

Im so not prepared for my theory. I got over a month though. Woop.

I personally think the reverse round the corner is quite simple. Turn in the road is prob about the same - not as hard - not as easy. I have not done the parallel park park yet though and i got that next friday. Today i did the other three - Bay Parking etc.. Was not bad. And it was Lesson 17 and i stalled once!
lol it was funny, I don't mind it but the way the instructor goes forward makes me laugh, he has his seat belt on but with that kind of reaction it's clearly not much use!!

Hopefully I find that! I think Parallel & Bay Parking will be the 2 I hate as getting things accurate for me = no lol, I just guess half the time and hope for the best......

Don't worry about the stalling! It's only a minor anyway if it happens in the exam, and if you're lucky the examiner may put it down to nerves anyway

(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
Finally, got a cancellation date. I checked this evening and there were two, so I held both (I'm selfish ) and called my instructor. He told me to take the second one, and here I am!

WOO! :woo:
lol, that's good . How far away is it? Good luck!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
lol, that's good . How far away is it? Good luck!
December 18th at 8:40.

It's not a very good time, but to be honest I just wanted an earlier test date! And that's a month earlier than it was!
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ah rite, sorry i just presumed it was at the weekend and wrongly thought you said i was then good luck anyways!!

and good luck to you awseomelypsycho. hope you pass!! xxx
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by alexa123)
and good luck to you awseomelypsycho. hope you pass!! xxx
Thanks How far in your driving are you?
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
Thanks How far in your driving are you?
Well ive been learning for quite a while now, before summer holidays. But because my lessons have been so disjointed- ive been away quite a bit, then my instructor was really ill, it means i seem to be taking longer than i thought i would.
I have learnt everything, cept bay parking. I just have to keep practicing- esp with the parallel park!!
Im hoping to take my test sometime in the new year, but at the moment i know i wouldnt pass- well obvs as i havent done the bay park, but now i have my own car it means i can go out more than once a week!

xx
Lawkt
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys I am new to this thread, been learning for a while had my test booked for 23rd December and feel ready for it mock test planned for Wednesday and really feel that I could pass and then today I get a letter from the DSA saying that 'due to unforeseen circumstances' my test is cancelled and giving me another one at the end of January. So annoyed, I already waited 9 weeks for this test as that is the waiting list for a test around here and so I have been test ready for ages! I really can't afford another month of lessons and am just generally annoyed about the wait. Has this happened to anyone else before?
sam-silver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i passed my theory today
50 out of 50 for multiple choice
51 out of 75 hazard perception
RTC
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sam-silver)
i passed my theory today
50 out of 50 for multiple choice
51 out of 75 hazard perception
Well done mate
The Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lawkt)
Hey guys I am new to this thread, been learning for a while had my test booked for 23rd December and feel ready for it mock test planned for Wednesday and really feel that I could pass and then today I get a letter from the DSA saying that 'due to unforeseen circumstances' my test is cancelled and giving me another one at the end of January. So annoyed, I already waited 9 weeks for this test as that is the waiting list for a test around here and so I have been test ready for ages! I really can't afford another month of lessons and am just generally annoyed about the wait. Has this happened to anyone else before?
Hmm, this seems to be happening alot this time of year. Two of my friends had there tests cancelled late last month (mine was last month too, fortunately mine didn't get cancelled) - One had to only wait two days, however the other is having to wait an extra five weeks!

Perhaps it's the time of year? Examiners going on holiday etc
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Lawkt)
Mine got moved back by 2 weeks i think. But if you literally check the DSA test dates 2 or 3 times a day, you'll find a cancellation. That's what i had to do, but i only had to wait 16 days between my first and second test.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 10 years ago
^is there a way of finding out which dates/times are free without having to enter all your personal details on the booking site every time?
becky.fm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FXX)
^is there a way of finding out which dates/times are free without having to enter all your personal details on the booking site every time?
No, but all you need is to piece of info. And if you save your name or whatever, its easier. It's annoying, but that's what it takes to get a date you want.
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just put mine in a text file and saved it in my networked documents for my theory searches. Just go to run and type Z:\Dri and see the file name next, press down and ok and then copy and paste it across. Obviously most people will use My Documents, if you want to do it quickly just saved it in C:\ then at run just type \dr and you will see \Driving.txt (or whatever you call it) appear. You can do the same with your name if you have a particularly long one or don’t type fast. I when waiting for a test if it’s far away I will probably check it far too much!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (123)
18.41%
No (404)
60.48%
Not really bothered about them (141)
21.11%

Watched Threads