The Learner driver progression thread Watch

AwesomelyPsycho
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Haha, oh dear silly me, thought you were on about an instructor's! Yea you just press and release then press again for non ABS (thats what ABS does automatically anyway). For ABS you just slam it down (or "Press firmly".......)

Just saw http://www.dsa.gov.uk/PressRelease.asp?id=4100 would imagine it depends really then. Probably about 8 though so you might well be first! Don't know if that's good or bad!!

What's the exact time of yours? I would guess anything before 9am (or should I say 9:04 or something random!) and you would be for that examiner, each test would have to allow about 50-60mins wouldn't they so they would surely only fit 1 in?
Mine's at 8:40! And they're about 40 minutes. Luckily it means there'll be traffic so I won't have to do too much. It can only be 40 mins so if you run out of time to go anywhere else, then lucky you!

You booked a date?
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
good luck awesomelypsycho, hope it goes well for you.
My instructor has said i should book my test for end of Jan, so i better do that soon as ive heard there's quite a big waiting list!

xx
~miffy~
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
passed my test first time today good luck everyone who's got their test soon! :hugs:
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ~miffy~)
passed my test first time today good luck everyone who's got their test soon! :hugs:
Well done, bet your happy
overclocked
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I reallyyy hope I don't get a reverse around corner in my test

12th January seems to be getting closer and closer!
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
Mine's at 8:40! And they're about 40 minutes. Luckily it means there'll be traffic so I won't have to do too much. It can only be 40 mins so if you run out of time to go anywhere else, then lucky you!

You booked a date?
Can't see them taking one out at 8 as that would be pushing it. Would guess that examiner starts work at 8:30 then? Good luck anyway!

No not yet, dont know what to do about it

(Original post by alexa123)
My instructor has said i should book my test for end of Jan, so i better do that soon as ive heard there's quite a big waiting list!

xx
That's good news! Yea it's 8 weeks here (defined as when they have 10% choice available), but you should easily get one in 4/5 if you're flexible

Well done! Bet that was good!!
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Eeeek just booked my test for 3rd of Feb, not gonna tell my friends i dont think.
My instructor is going in for an opperation around xmas so that date is best, as after shes back it gives me a couple of weeks to practice practice!
Arrh i just hope i pass, its gonna cost me a fortune!!
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My test is on Friday, AAAAARGH.
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just booked yet ANOTHER theory for Tuesday! Better pass this time! If only my laptop worked could have taken that and had a go at Hazard in the waiting area!!! :p:

Still if I don't pass this time it'll be a few weeks til I can take it again I guess, as the 3 working days rule over xmas will be messed up! I just don't know what the best way is. If I was failing by miles then obviously take time to learn it all, but I failed by 5 when getting disqualified and 2 without, so think it's just going to be 50/50 whether I do or not every time until I eventually pass! I can still put it back as long as I do it before Saturday, but don’t know if I will or not.

Shame really, I do so well on the mocks, would love to go into it thinking oh great I have a good chance, but after Tuesday there’s no chance of that as I thought I would have done enough to pass, and I’m quite harsh when judging myself!!. Hoping I get a few of the same clips now though haha. If I don't I'll keep failing then I'll know the whole set inside out! :p: :banghead:

Eeeek just booked my test for 3rd of Feb, not gonna tell my friends i dont think.
My instructor is going in for an opperation around xmas so that date is best, as after shes back it gives me a couple of weeks to practice practice!
Arrh i just hope i pass, its gonna cost me a fortune!!
Yea that's probably the best way! No pressure from friends then!

Few weeks solid practice will be good! Hope you pass!

(Original post by Sarah Sheep)
Good luck!!
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks, if i was you i wouldnt do too much practice as maybe its because you are stressing too much over it that you fail? sorry i cany be any more help. good luck for tuesday.

and good luck Sarah sheep
osamab
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
good luck to everyone with their test coming up!!!

and congrats to those who passed/!
Anderson8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I suffer from real bad nerves on mock tests, which affects me.

Ive taken some calm pills to relax but its still nerve wrecking.

Ill be a wreck on my test day next month!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Can't see them taking one out at 8 as that would be pushing it. Would guess that examiner starts work at 8:30 then? Good luck anyway!

No not yet, dont know what to do about it
Thanks

Thanks! Good luck finding a date :p:

xx
Thankies :o:

CONGRATULATIONS!!

(Original post by Sarah Sheep)
Good luck!! :yep:

(Original post by Anderson8)
I suffer from real bad nerves on mock tests, which affects me.

Ive taken some calm pills to relax but its still nerve wrecking.

Ill be a wreck on my test day next month!
I bought rescue remedy. Tested today during an English exam and it worked great! Gonna use it during my driving test!
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks, if i was you i wouldnt do too much practice as maybe its because you are stressing too much over it that you fail? sorry i cany be any more help. good luck for tuesday.

and good luck Sarah sheep
Yea that's probably true. Thanks

My mate was saying the same thing yesterday. She was saying don't treat it like a test so much by doing the hazard DVD loads. Even though I'm not exactly worried about passing it (as I'll just keep doing it until I do even though it's so expensive!) the determination I have to pass and the embarrassment of having to go back to that place so many times is making it harder for myself and is just as bad as worrying. Not that easy in practice though!

Tuesday is was my original date anyway, just a few hours later as that's not available (yet!), so hopefully I just pass then before Christmas, as I first planned!!

I bought rescue remedy. Tested today during an English exam and it worked great! Gonna use it during my driving test!
That’s good! Hope that’s helpful for you during your test!!
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grrrrr. Probably going to cancel the lesson tomorrow . Probably the theory Tuesday too. I landed on my arm/shoulder yesterday and hoped it would get at least a bit better overnight so I could try and drive tomorrow but doesn't seem like it! Had another load of painkillers but I don't think they are going to work, and have to cancel it 24 hours in advance so can't wait and see . Was supposed to be having practice today too . I doubt it's going to be good enough for a lesson on Monday/Tuesday either so looks like I won't have had a lesson from 15th to 29th!

Good luck AwesomelyPsycho!

Well you won't see this before your test so hope it went well for you!!!
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Grrrrr. Probably going to cancel the lesson tomorrow . Probably the theory Tuesday too. I landed on my arm/shoulder yesterday and hoped it would get at least a bit better overnight so I could try and drive tomorrow but doesn't seem like it! Had another load of painkillers but I don't think they are going to work, and have to cancel it 24 hours in advance so can't wait and see . Was supposed to be having practice today too . I doubt it's going to be good enough for a lesson on Monday/Tuesday either so looks like I won't have had a lesson from 15th to 29th!

Good luck AwesomelyPsycho!

Well you won't see this before your test so hope it went well for you!!!

Oh thats a real shame, i would cancell if you arent feeling 100% and if your on lots of painkillers your concentration may not be good for the theory. Bad timing hey, hope you feel better soon.
x
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh thats a real shame, i would cancell if you arent feeling 100% and if your on lots of painkillers your concentration may not be good for the theory. Bad timing hey, hope you feel better soon.
x
Yea I might be able to move the theory to the following Monday. If it's cancelled they take 15 days to refund your card, so it's easier just to keep moving it around! I have to have the lesson tomorrow now though as it's 48 hours notice not 24 . If it's still really bad in the morning then I'll phone up and tell him not to bother with it.

Thanks
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:no:
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
:no:
:console:

What went wrong?
kcustom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I took my driving test today!

Was a pass with three minors so am very pleased

Good luck to everyone who is going to be taking there test soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads