Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    I never knew that, i just presumed that if i had to move it they would think i had my mirrors in the wrong place- i shall remember that!! i hate the RRC! :mad:

Hope bay parking goes okay for you tomorrow, thats one of my fave manouvers along with the TIR!
    Ive got a lesson tomorrow too, still in my instructors car, im not having that many lessons in my car til the last week before the test!! which is annoying because after last weeks lesson i officially hate her car.
    I thought that, but if you make a point of putting them back how they were then it will be obvious

Thanks . Hopefully! Hopefully it's ok, then it's only really RRC that I hate (but can kind of do when I don't make a total fool out of myself), so have a good selection for the test hopefully!

Aww! You'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    I thought that, but if you make a point of putting them back how they were then it will be obvious

Thanks . Hopefully! Hopefully it's ok, then it's only really RRC that I hate (but can kind of do when I don't make a total fool out of myself), so have a good selection for the test hopefully!

Aww! You'll be fine
    Thanks, i love this thread- everyone is so supportive!

I hate the RRC, not sure why because ive only done it once with my instructor and i was fine at it, but since trying to do it ive been soo bad!!
    When i go out with my parents in my car i dont ever practice manouvers much, i must try and find places i can do them!

x

ReputationRep:
    Ive been driving for around 23 lessons now, done all manoevers apart from bay parking and my test is in 4 weeks. Why isnt he doing it yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anderson8)
    Ive been driving for around 23 lessons now, done all manoevers apart from bay parking and my test is in 4 weeks. Why isnt he doing it yet?
    Do you mean why havent you learnt the bay park?

My test is in 3 weeks time and i only learnt to bay park about 2/3 weeks ago, so i wouldnt worry too much, maybe mention it to your instructor!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, i love this thread- everyone is so supportive!

I hate the RRC, not sure why because ive only done it once with my instructor and i was fine at it, but since trying to do it ive been soo bad!!
    When i go out with my parents in my car i dont ever practice manouvers much, i must try and find places i can do them!

x
    Yea I never practice them really, apart from when I totally messed up Turn In Road so decided not to try anything again!!

(Original post by Anderson8)
    Ask him . Maybe he thinks you'll pick it up quickly? Are you having problems with other manoeuvres? 4 weeks will probably be enough, I'm aiming for 2 (so about 3 lessons), so can see why, know how it may seem like he's cutting it fine though!

ReputationRep:
    ahh 8 days until my test, each day I want to pass more and more

ReputationRep:
    I never learnt to do bay parking with my instructor, as my test centre doesn't have parking bays!! It's quite easy to learn though, once you get the hang of how to position the car, and how much to steer it.

ReputationRep:
    You have to do bay parking? No one does bay parking in my area! The three manoeuvres are parallel parking (or reverse park) turn in road and reverse round a corner. Like I said I can to TIR fine but everything else... no way.

ReputationRep:
    I think I've finally got the hang of bay parking, which is good as I will likely have to do it in my test (which is tomorrow. :eek:)
    I had a lesson today, and I still keep doing silly things in my general driving, like forgetting to check my mirrors, or not braking quickly enough.
    I have absolutely zero confidence in myself for tomorrow, which isn't good
    I just want to pass so badly. It's only my first time, but I started learning a year after most of my friends, so I really don't want to be the only one who can't drive.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!
    I had another lesson today, was going well until I made a wrong turning at a roundabout, I hate the feeling that I've let down my instructor again. I always feel like when I make stupid mistakes, she's thinking I'm just not ready for it.

Also, does anybody else feel they hold back on accelerating properly just because of the noise the car makes? If that makes sense. I'm learning in a Corsa and the noise always makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. My instructor said it was quite common.

Good luck all the Friday the 13-ers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebirthoftragedy)
    I think I've finally got the hang of bay parking, which is good as I will likely have to do it in my test (which is tomorrow. :eek:)
    I had a lesson today, and I still keep doing silly things in my general driving, like forgetting to check my mirrors, or not braking quickly enough.
    I have absolutely zero confidence in myself for tomorrow, which isn't good
    I just want to pass so badly. It's only my first time, but I started learning a year after most of my friends, so I really don't want to be the only one who can't drive.
    Your post could have just described me!
    I want to pass so badly as well, just believe in yourself and do the best you possibly can. If you don't pass, don't beat yourself up about it and think you're a failure. It's difficult to pass first time anyway.
    Basically check the mirrors like they are going to fall off and you don't know when. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pepperoni)
    Thanks guys!
    I had another lesson today, was going well until I made a wrong turning at a roundabout, I hate the feeling that I've let down my instructor again. I always feel like when I make stupid mistakes, she's thinking I'm just not ready for it.

Also, does anybody else feel they hold back on accelerating properly just because of the noise the car makes? If that makes sense. I'm learning in a Corsa and the noise always makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. My instructor said it was quite common.

Don't worry about impressing your instructor. Doing silly things is part of learning, and better to get it out of the way now, than later on when your on your own!

As for your acceleration, well, it is a 4 cylinder engine. Most 4 cylinder engines sound like garbage. It's normal.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

Is the instructors car a diesel? because my instructor has a petrol corsa and when i got mine which is diesel i was worried i was doing something wrong because of the noise- when it was actually fine.

Dont worry ive booked my test and i still do things that probably make my instructor think im not ready yet- everyone has off days!

ReputationRep:
    Was driving up to town today to go to Harley Street, and there were so many lanes, and people running across the road and traffic that I had a total meltdown and had to pull over.

My Dad had to take over.

Well... At least I made it to Highbury. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Booked my theory for the 27th, hopefully taking my real test sometime in Feb/March!

Although I probably won't own a car for a good 3-4 years

ReputationRep:
    Is the instructors car a diesel? because my instructor has a petrol corsa and when i got mine which is diesel i was worried i was doing something wrong because of the noise- when it was actually fine.

Dont worry ive booked my test and i still do things that probably make my instructor think im not ready yet- everyone has off days!
    My intructor's car was a diesel one last week funnily enough as the other Corsa was in for repair. I ws glad to get back to the petrol car, but I do still find the noise off putting, I'm sure I'm going to fail for hesitation...

ReputationRep:
    My intructor's car was a diesel one last week funnily enough as the other Corsa was in for repair. I ws glad to get back to the petrol car, but I do still find the noise off putting, I'm sure I'm going to fail for hesitation...
    Im the opposite, ever since getting my car i hate my instructors petrol corsa- i just keep stalling as im used to driving my car lots more than hers!
    Just sooo glad im taking the test in my own car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    Was driving up to town today to go to Harley Street, and there were so many lanes, and people running across the road and traffic that I had a total meltdown and had to pull over.

My Dad had to take over.

Well... At least I made it to Highbury. :p:
    I don't blame you. :p:
    London is probably the scariest place in England to drive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebirthoftragedy)
    I don't blame you. :p:
    London is probably the scariest place in England to drive.
    So many lanes, and buses. It was awful. Whenever I took more than a second to do something, I got hooted.

People were cutting me off from nowhere, and I nearly went into one of them. Did they not see the big, red L.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    So many lanes, and buses. It was awful. Whenever I took more than a second to do something, I got hooted.

People were cutting me off from nowhere, and I nearly went into one of them. Did they not see the big, red L.

I think your brave even attempting it!!

For some reason people see the L plates and think it means they can pull out infront of learners. Some people are also so impatient, okay i know us learners can be annoying sometimes- but we are all learners once :rolleyes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.