Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I got 13 minors for various things, but the 2 majors were 'use of speed' and 'speed when approaching junctions'. At least its a thing you have to think about anyway. If it was not observing thats more difficult but at least I know everytime I turn I need to go...really....slow up to the junction. He also said my speed in other areas was too high. Apparently going 15mph down a residential road is too fast :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Yeah I got 13 minors for various things, but the 2 majors were 'use of speed' and 'speed when approaching junctions'. At least its a thing you have to think about anyway. If it was not observing thats more difficult but at least I know everytime I turn I need to go...really....slow up to the junction. He also said my speed in other areas was too high. Apparently going 15mph down a residential road is too fast :curious:

I thought it was 30 mph if there were street lights, but i suppose it should be slow if lots of cars on either side and if theres speed bumps should be able 10 mph, which is crawling.
    My instructor said to me she would laugh if i failed for going to slowly because im always going slightly over the speed limit, trying really hard these next 2 weeks not to though!

ReputationRep:
    I failed But surprisingly not for what I thought I would. He said 'I failed you for speed' and I assumed he meant driving too slow... but it was actually the other way! He said it wasn't for going over the limit, but for approaching junctions at too fast a speed. I thought I wasn't bad at that, (my Mum says she thinks its because I drive a lot with her anyway, and that I'm probably quite confident in my 'stopping' abilities so I know I can get away with it).

Gonna look up now to book it again. I so wanted to pass before my 18th birthday
    Awww . That sucks .

Hope you do well in your retake

ReputationRep:
    Awww, sorry to hear you failed. At least you know what you have to improve on now.

I often think it won't be too bad if I fail tomorrow because at least then I'll know what it's like and I'll know what I do wrong.

However. I can't afford to take the test again, really...

I'm getting more and more nervous about tomorrow. 20 hours until my instructor arrives, 22ish until my test. Eek. 23 hours or so, and I will know my fate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Awww, sorry to hear you failed. At least you know what you have to improve on now.

I often think it won't be too bad if I fail tomorrow because at least then I'll know what it's like and I'll know what I do wrong.

However. I can't afford to take the test again, really...

I'm getting more and more nervous about tomorrow. 20 hours until my instructor arrives, 22ish until my test. Eek. 23 hours or so, and I will know my fate.
    good luck Rennie, hope it goes well for you... so glad this thread exists its encouraged me so much with my driving and also been a useful place to discuss things when i should be doing revision like ive done all day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    good luck Rennie, hope it goes well for you... so glad this thread exists its encouraged me so much with my driving and also been a useful place to discuss things when i should be doing revision like ive done all day
    Yeah, it's good to be able to discuss it with people because only one of my friends knows about my test and that's only because we share the same instructor. We haven't been able to talk about it because we're never alone.

However, my instructor was really supportive and said if I was worried or needed any help just to call him, which I thought was nice of him.

ReputationRep:
    My test (2nd one) is tomorrow! I'm so scared..I think I'm going to mess up manouevres or end up driving too fast!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's good to be able to discuss it with people because only one of my friends knows about my test and that's only because we share the same instructor. We haven't been able to talk about it because we're never alone.

However, my instructor was really supportive and said if I was worried or needed any help just to call him, which I thought was nice of him.
    Try not to worry about it. I think its more the embarrassment of being told I failed than the actual failing... I was so so so nervous when I got into my instructors car but I relaxed. Then when we got there and I had to go and sit down I was so nervous. By the time I started the test I was concentrating on so much stuff I didn't have space in my brain to worry.

ReputationRep:

yeah i tried not telling anyone but failed miserably as i told a select few who announced it to the world :rolleyes:
    ah well- better pass now!! eek.

good luck for your test tomorrow Marilyn.

xx

ReputationRep:
    yeah i tried not telling anyone but failed miserably as i told a select few who announced it to the world :rolleyes:

xx
    Aww, that's a shame.

I hope you pass this time, I really do. Good luck!

ReputationRep:

xx
    Thanks! Good luck with yours too. I'm so nervous but at least I know what to expect and the worst that can happen is I fail again which is very annoying but not the end of the world:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marilyn_fan)
    Thanks! Good luck with yours too. I'm so nervous but at least I know what to expect and the worst that can happen is I fail again which is very annoying but not the end of the world:rolleyes:
    I'm trying to look at it that way.. but not succeeding that well.

17 and a half hours approximately. Eeek!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marilyn_fan)
    My test (2nd one) is tomorrow! I'm so scared..I think I'm going to mess up manouevres or end up driving too fast!

Good luck! You'll both do fine
    Just relax and get plenty of sleep so you're alert. We're all rooting for you.

ReputationRep:
    hmm done a mock test today, somehow managed to get 3 majors on the emergency stop alone!

Got a major on RRC as well

Not too downhearted though, it's stuff that may not have happened on another day. But I'd prefer to be sure I can pass my test coming up.

ReputationRep:

Good luck! Just relax and you will be OK

40 hours until my test...hmmmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    hmm done a mock test today, somehow managed to get 3 majors on the emergency stop alone!

Got a major on RRC as well

Not too downhearted though, it's stuff that may not have happened on another day. But I'd prefer to be sure I can pass my test coming up.
    I think most people do worse in the mocks. Part of you think it's a test... but the other part doesn't take it too seriously.... and that equals bad marks :p:

ReputationRep:
    YAY I passssssseeeeeeeeeddddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to those with tests tomorrow. I'm sure you'll do fine
    fran.ha, sorry to hear you failed. I got 14 minors and 2 majors on mine. :P All the best drivers fail first time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ben_walker446)
    YAY I passssssseeeeeeeeeddddddddddd
    Congratulations! :p:
    Did you get any minors?

ReputationRep:
    There's frost this morning... I hope that doesn't count as ice and that my test is not cancelled!

I have only done emergency stop once.. and can't quite remember it.. hopefully I won't be asked to do it. My instructor said I shouldn't be- but maybe that's a bad assumption to make?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.