The Learner driver progression thread Watch

LooieENG
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On the hazard perception test, click as soon as you see it, then a second later, then again a second or two later, just incase you spotted it too early and it didn't register (it can happen). Also, even if you're sure you got the hazard, just click when you pass some other things too, just to be 100% sure, but don't click too often (like 3 times in 1 second) or you fail that current video
Cy4nide
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by purple-girl)
That sounds like you had a good lesson . How many lessons have you had now?

My next one's on Thursday...reeeally want to start the turn in the road...I feel like I'm really behind, and it's frustrating me. I've had 17 hours of lessons (and I know I moaned about this last time I posted here...with no response at all...), and...I want to move on! Do you think I should ask my instructor about it?
Today was my 12th lesson, I thought I was behind aswell but at the end of my last lesson my instructor said "we haven't done any manouvers yet have we?" so my guess is she probably knew I wasn't quite ready but after my good lesson last week she thought I was.

I agree with everyone else, if you feel you're ready you can always ask and see what your instructor says, if they say no don't feel downhearted
moody28028
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey! I guess I'll be joining the thread. I had my first lesson on Sunday. I can't seem to steer
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by k823127)
I have my theory on Thursday after my lesson and i have an awesome dvd i've been practicing with for a while and am fairly confident, passing all but only just. Any tips? I'm kinda nervous that i am only just passing them at the minute.
Good luck .

The actual test seemed much harsher than the DVD, but clicking twice, or 3 times for some, should be enough for you. Just be careful if it's 3 times, that's enough to get you disqualified (stupid fire engine clip!).
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by moody28028)
Hey! I guess I'll be joining the thread. I had my first lesson on Sunday. I can't seem to steer
It's surprisingly difficult to get it just right isn't it? :p: you'll get better, with practice.
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't laugh, but I went to a hypnotist last night.

I suffer from nerves for all exams, so I went last night so he could help me. I causally threw in that I had my driving test coming up and he worked it into the routine. I have to listen to the tape he gave me every so often. :p:

Whether it works or not we'll show on Sturday, if I get nervous or not.
Meeee :)
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got my first lesson for aaages tomorrow. I've only had about 15 lessons, but got up to booking my test in October, but then i had to stop lessons for a while so my test was cancelled I've been out with my parents quite a lot so i'm hoping i'm not going to be tooo bad! I just want to hurry up and pass soon! My Dad said if i pass before the end of March, he'll keep paying my car insurance till my birthday (November)
It's a new instructor tomorrow too, i hope she's nice :o:
gyyy2807
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bob9001)
Block changing is standard isn't it?
I think so, or that's what my instructor told me.
overclocked
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)

I suffer from nerves for all exams, so I went last night so he could help me. I causally threw in that I had my driving test coming up and he worked it into the routine. I have to listen to the tape he gave me every so often. :p:

Good luck

Hope you pass
Keep calm (well try :p:), do what you normally do, and just do your best. Don't assume you've failed either- examiners are all different and what one will fail you on another might just let you off!
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bob9001)
Good luck

Hope you pass
Keep calm (well try :p:), do what you normally do, and just do your best. Don't assume you've failed either- examiners are all different and what one will fail you on another might just let you off!
I just get nervous because I know it's a test, hehe. Silly me. 3 days to go!
username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Test in one week today, starting to get a little butterfly in my stomach.
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Aww! It's a good idea if it helps you . It's got to be worth a try after the last one.

Good luck on Saturday, hope it goes well for you
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Aww! It's a good idea if it helps you . It's got to be worth a try after the last one.

Good luck on Saturday, hope it goes well for you
Thankies. I just really need to pass and get some good news. Things aren't too good at the moment and this will really cheer me up. Plus, I'm sick of the stupid bus that never comes.

How's your driving going?
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thankies. I just really need to pass and get some good news. Things aren't too good at the moment and this will really cheer me up. Plus, I'm sick of the stupid bus that never comes.

How's your driving going?
Hope you do . Hope things improve for you

Did some reverse round corner and parallel park on Monday. Did parallel park ok, messed up all the reverse round corners. Hate it, I think I'm just going to have to pray I don't get that and bay park in my test, and keep doing them until I don't......
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Hope you do . Hope things improve for you

Did some reverse round corner and parallel park on Monday. Did parallel park ok, messed up all the reverse round corners. Hate it, I think I'm just going to have to pray I don't get that and bay park in my test, and keep doing them until I don't......
I've had bay park both times As soon as I get in the car (already in the bay) they tell me we'll be doing one.

I'd rather have anything other than that. I want turn in the road! I haven't had it yet!

Have you booked your test? (I can't remember :p: SO many people are booking there's on this thread)
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've had bay park both times As soon as I get in the car (already in the bay) they tell me we'll be doing one.

I'd rather have anything other than that. I want turn in the road! I haven't had it yet!

Have you booked your test? (I can't remember :p: SO many people are booking there's on this thread)
Yea that's what it's like at Brislington apparently as they have bays . I will hate that, knowing I've failed before I've even begun

No not yet, he keeps going on about booking it, then moaning that I'm not doing stuff right. Just feels like I'm never going to get there... Had a lot of uni stuff plus exams this week too so kind of emphasises that I need to get it done quickly
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Yea that's what it's like at Brislington apparently as they have bays . I will hate that, knowing I've failed before I've even begun

No not yet, he keeps going on about booking it, then moaning that I'm not doing stuff right. Just feels like I'm never going to get there... Had a lot of uni stuff plus exams this week too so kind of emphasises that I need to get it done quickly
You should book it, as you can always move it forward. It gives you something to aim for. Something concrete. Just try your all to improve, and it'll slowly happen, week by week. It won't all happen at once, but you'll find that each week he'll stop complaining about little things.

I don't wanna bay park I had to move my obersavtion point forward because it wasn't working the way my instructor normally teaches it. I'm special.
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You should book it, as you can always move it forward. It gives you something to aim for. Something concrete. Just try your all to improve, and it'll slowly happen, week by week. It won't all happen at once, but you'll find that each week he'll stop complaining about little things.

I don't wanna bay park I had to move my obersavtion point forward because it wasn't working the way my instructor normally teaches it. I'm special.
Hopefully, I just don't wanna do it and then fail because I'm not ready something

I suppose it might help yea as nearer my test I'll probably put another lesson on the Wednesday (or if they go to 2 hours I'll have the Monday and the Friday in the week before my test) and having something to aim for might make a difference. I'll see what he says when I mess up some more reverse round corners tomorrow....

Aww! Haha, it's good being special! . If it works for you now it’s fine however you do it

That’s another thing I do wrong, looking in the mirror and not out the back :banghead:
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Hopefully, I just don't wanna do it and then fail because I'm not ready something

I suppose it might help yea as nearer my test I'll probably put another lesson on the Wednesday (or if they go to 2 hours I'll have the Monday and the Friday in the week before my test) and having something to aim for might make a difference. I'll see what he says when I mess up some more reverse round corners tomorrow....

Aww! Haha, it's good being special! . If it works for you now it’s fine however you do it

That’s another thing I do wrong, looking in the mirror and not out the back :banghead:
:laughing: That's quite funny, actully. You just have to know that you have to change shoulders when you do a turn in the road, and you don't look out the mirrors for reversing around the corner, or you won't be able to see.

I had a lesson last Sat, I've got one tomorrow and then again the hour before my test, on Sat.

Here's hoping that's enough!!
*starry_eyed_*
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I am so so nervous. I had 10 lessons at home in the summer and I have my first lesson at uni at 2...I rembmer some bits, but putting it into practice scares me. There's a bus stop outside my house- there's no way I'm going to be driving away! :eyeball:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
26.56%
No (141)
73.44%

Watched Threads