Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Congrats sam-silver on passing and sorry to hear about your theory k823127- good luck for next time. must be so disheartening.

ahhh my test is on tuesday, not long now! Got some lessons in my own car now- god if id known it was gonna be only £10 an hour in my own car i would have had lots more in my own car. Got 2 hours on saturday, then an hour on the monday night and one the hour before my test.
    Still need to learn the show me, tell me questions- arrrh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexa123)
    Congrats sam-silver on passing and sorry to hear about your theory k823127- good luck for next time. must be so disheartening.

ahhh my test is on tuesday, not long now! Got some lessons in my own car now- god if id known it was gonna be only £10 an hour in my own car i would have had lots more in my own car. Got 2 hours on saturday, then an hour on the monday night and one the hour before my test.
    I've forgotten them all :p:
    Saturday's getting closer and closer :eek:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys

hope all you learning get their soon too!! if i can im very sure you all can

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    I've forgotten them all :p:
    Saturday's getting closer and closer :eek:
    eeek good luck, you feeling nervous yet?

Ive been pretty calm but im feeling it a bit tonight. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    eeek good luck, you feeling nervous yet?

Ive been pretty calm but im feeling it a bit tonight. :rolleyes:
    Slightly, but I'm trying not too. I know I can pass if I just stay calm.
    You've got like 5 days to go :p:

ReputationRep:
    Slightly, but I'm trying not too. I know I can pass if I just stay calm.
    You've got like 5 days to go :p:
    Less than 5? its 5 til mine on tuesday.. its saturday the day after tomorrow? or is that not your test day.

LOL my driving instructor said to me think to yourself "Nikki says im a wonderful driver when i stay calm" bless her haha ive got visions of me saying it in my head and missing the turn :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Less than 5? its 5 til mine on tuesday.. its saturday the day after tomorrow? or is that not your test day.

LOL my driving instructor said to me think to yourself "Nikki says im a wonderful driver when i stay calm" bless her haha ive got visions of me saying it in my head and missing the turn :rolleyes:
    Mine's tomorrow... So yep, Saturday.

LOL! I'm more worried about making the turn than missing it. :p: Also, my first instructor hated me and my second was really nice... so I hope I don't get my first one again!

ReputationRep:

LOL! I'm more worried about making the turn than missing it. :p: Also, my first instructor hated me and my second was really nice... so I hope I don't get my first one again!
    Good luck!

I'm still hunting out for cancellations. I saw a really good one for next Wednesday but my instructor said he couldn't do it

ReputationRep:

Jeslous of you sam-silver!!! :o: *carries on dreaming about passing* :o:

ReputationRep:

im sure you will be fine, I really hope it goes well for you!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    im sure you will be fine, I really hope it goes well for you!
    xx
    (Original post by Rennie)
    Good luck!

I'm still hunting out for cancellations. I saw a really good one for next Wednesday but my instructor said he couldn't do it
    Thanks!
    I was suppsoed to have a final lesson today and my instructor called and told me that during a test with another pupil, she hit the curb and damaged the underside of the car, and it has to go to the garage :eek: He assured me it'd be done by tonight, otherwise a friend of his, who's also had instructor and has the same car, has said I can use that! :eek: :eek:

Rennie, that sucks! Keep looking!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    I was suppsoed to have a final lesson today and my instructor called and told me that during a test with another pupil, she hit the curb and damaged the underside of the car, and it has to go to the garage :eek: He assured me it'd be done by tonight, otherwise a friend of his, who's also had instructor and has the same car, has said I can use that! :eek: :eek:

oh no, that was very bad timing- im sure the pupil feels like a right idiot too :rolleyes:

You going to practice in your own car then??
    Hope its all fixed soon.x

ReputationRep:
    oh no, that was very bad timing- im sure the pupil feels like a right idiot too :rolleyes:

You going to practice in your own car then??
    Hope its all fixed soon.x
    I can't believe they passed!
    I am... when my Dad gets home from work. The thing is, it's totally different from my instructor's car, so it's like I'm going one step forward and two steps back!

ReputationRep:
    Argh I hate bay parking with a passion. Still can't do it :mad: :banghead: If I get that or reverse round corner I'll fail, might just go and hope I don't and keep doing it, feels like I'm never going to get that or reverse round corner good enough so it would probably be cheaper just to forget about it and keep doing tests :mad:

The most annoying thing is that they can ask you to do it right at the start, so if I don't do it well you know you've failed, I can just see that happening to me :banghead:

I am... when my Dad gets home from work. The thing is, it's totally different from my instructor's car, so it's like I'm going one step forward and two steps back!
    Oh dear!

Hope your test goes well tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Oh they passed!!

Zak- dont give up, not sure why your struggling with the bay park, i love that one and hate parallel.

But the Rerverse round a corner one i can understand, except in my lessons this week/ private practice it has suddenly all clicked and i dont mind it!! And that was with a week to go until my test.

Have you booked your test yet? if not i would, then you will have a couple of weeks ish to practice practice and you will probably find things come together- they have for me anyways.
    Im driving to my friends tonight (who lives near my college) its about 30 mins away through national limits, small towns and country roads so should be good practice- plus its friday so it will be busy, so i better be patient haha
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Argh I hate bay parking with a passion. Still can't do it :mad: :banghead: If I get that or reverse round corner I'll fail, might just go and hope I don't and keep doing it, feels like I'm never going to get that or reverse round corner good enough so it would probably be cheaper just to forget about it and keep doing tests :mad:

The most annoying thing is that they can ask you to do it right at the start, so if I don't do it well you know you've failed, I can just see that happening to me :banghead:

Oh dear!

Hope your test goes well tomorrow!
    It just takes practice! Keep trying and you'll get better at it! And then suddenly you'll get it right first time and you'll start screaming and cheering Then you'll realise you did it all perfect... but forgot your observations! :p:

Thanks! It's nice to have people cheering for you I don't wanna have to practice maneuvers in my car, but I might have to. Grr.

Oh they passed!!
    I know! I'm so angry! LOL! They broke his car, hit the curb and possbly ruined things for me... AND THEY PASSED! :shifty:

I wish it was that easy for me.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

Oh no, that's awful! And they passed too? Wow.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, that's awful! And they passed too? Wow.
    I know. If I hit the curb I'd get failed, but they did it and they passed, and they broke the damn car! Although the place they did it at is known for being very lenient.

(On a side note. Someone here repped me and didn't leave their name. But I want you to know that I'm really grateful, even though I don't post here for that. Once I pass [be that tomorrow or in 4 months time] I'll still post here and help and encourage people because I know how much I like people encouraging me. You're all great people and I wish you all the best )

ReputationRep:
    I know. If I hit the curb I'd get failed, but they did it and they passed, and they broke the damn car! Although the place they did it at is known for being very lenient.

(On a side note. Someone here repped me and didn't leave their name. But I want you to know that I'm really grateful, even though I don't post here for that. Once I pass [be that tomorrow or in 4 months time] I'll still post here and help and encourage people because I know how much I like people encouraging me. You're all great people and I wish you all the best )
    I will hope to still see you around!

I will also be sticking around if and when I pass.

ReputationRep:
    I will hope to still see you around!

I will also be sticking around if and when I pass.
    No if! You will!
    We all will!

Any luck with cancellations?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.