The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

I have no idea but he confidently crossed it off of my progression sheet. Just wish he would cross off turn in the road, bay parking and left round a corner now :smile:
AwesomelyPsycho
I think it depends. Say you're on a test and the corner they wanted is taken then they might. It all depends on where the corner is, how long left you have on your test, if your test centre does bay parks....

Mine was actually right, but the guy after me started on the left corner. We were deep in the countryside, though.

Ah rite, well i suppose if it was mega quiet, but i doubt it will be where my test is. I suppose doing it on the right is just like the left you just steer the other way! :rolleyes: hadnt thought about it- as you can tell :biggrin:

Im excited about doing my test, just trying to stay calm this last day ive got left, trying to remember all the show me, tell me questions and ive got a lesson tomorrow evening- eek!!
Meh... I don't care, lol. I passed it with no minors.

I think he just wanted to get us out the way so the guy after me could do it.

I phoned a new instructor and I'm meeting him sometime in the next week. I think I left my provisional in my old instructor's car and he isn't answering his phone :frown:

alexa123
Ah rite, well i suppose if it was mega quiet, but i doubt it will be where my test is. I suppose doing it on the right is just like the left you just steer the other way! :rolleyes: hadnt thought about it- as you can tell :biggrin:

Im excited about doing my test, just trying to stay calm this last day ive got left, trying to remember all the show me, tell me questions and ive got a lesson tomorrow evening- eek!!

:eek: In the snow!?
I hope that it's all gone by Tuesday so that you can pass and go and party! :biggrin:
AwesomelyPsycho
Meh... I don't care, lol. I passed it with no minors.

I think he just wanted to get us out the way so the guy after me could do it.

I phoned a new instructor and I'm meeting him sometime in the next week. I think I left my provisional in my old instructor's car and he isn't answering his phone :frown:

:eek: In the snow!?
I hope that it's all gone by Tuesday so that you can pass and go and party! :biggrin:

It didnt settle, it was just snowing here, so hopefully it wont be snowing on tuesday and thanks :biggrin:

can someone help me with one of the questions..
how do you tell if the power steering works?

Whats the correct and most simple answer, im kinda confused, except to move the wheel?! :rolleyes: now i sound dumb!
alexa123
It didnt settle, it was just snowing here, so hopefully it wont be snowing on tuesday and thanks :biggrin:

can someone help me with one of the questions..
how do you tell if the power steering works?

Whats the correct and most simple answer, im kinda confused, except to move the wheel?! :rolleyes: now i sound dumb!

Move the wheel just as you pull away :smile:

It's settled here. My car's like one giant snowball.
AwesomelyPsycho
Move the wheel just as you pull away :smile:

It's settled here. My car's like one giant snowball.

So thats all you say that you move the wheel just as you pull away, and if you can move it then its working??! i swear it was a show me question.

ah my mums just told me the snow is settling a bit, i hope its gone by tomorrow night :mad: that being said i looked online and it said there was only a weeks waiting for the test, so not too bad!
alexa123
So thats all you say that you move the wheel just as you pull away, and if you can move it then its working??! i swear it was a show me question.

ah my mums just told me the snow is settling a bit, i hope its gone by tomorrow night :mad: that being said i looked online and it said there was only a weeks waiting for the test, so not too bad!

You demonstrate turning the wheel as you say it. :smile:

One of my questions was about cleaning the window... and I'd only asked my instructor about it for the first time an hour beforehand :biggrin:

I'm glad it's settling... but it's ashame for. Maybe call your instructor tomorrow to check you're still on.
AwesomelyPsycho
You demonstrate turning the wheel as you say it. :smile:

One of my questions was about cleaning the window... and I'd only asked my instructor about it for the first time an hour beforehand :biggrin:

I'm glad it's settling... but it's ashame for. Maybe call your instructor tomorrow to check you're still on.

Shes pretty good at contacting me if my lessons are cancelled/there is a problem.

So im allowed to turn the engine on to do the demonstration, ah i just sound so thick now hahaa. and like i dont know what im doing... i would rep you if i hadnt already done so recently :smile:

Luckily the demister, windscreen washer questions, headlights etc. i know pretty well as im doing it in my own car and have used them all quite a bit.
Dan?
hehe same date as mine!

good luck :smile:

Cheers! Will be deffo needing it!! :o:
alexa123
Shes pretty good at contacting me if my lessons are cancelled/there is a problem.

So im allowed to turn the engine on to do the demonstration, ah i just sound so thick now hahaa. and like i dont know what im doing... i would rep you if i hadnt already done so recently :smile:

Luckily the demister, windscreen washer questions, headlights etc. i know pretty well as im doing it in my own car and have used them all quite a bit.

If you wanna turn the engine on then you need to exert a gentle pressure against the wheel as you turn it on, instead of moving off.

Is your own car all ready for it?
AwesomelyPsycho
If you wanna turn the engine on then you need to exert a gentle pressure against the wheel as you turn it on, instead of moving off.

Is your own car all ready for it?

Ready for it, i am now thinking ive forgotten to do something!

what should be ready?!

Ive got insurance details etc. in case they wanna see that, L plates and the extra mirror, which my instructor put on yesterday for me, but it fell off over night, must have been where it got colder or something :rolleyes:
alexa123
Ready for it, i am now thinking ive forgotten to do something!

what should be ready?!

Ive got insurance details etc. in case they wanna see that, L plates and the extra mirror, which my instructor put on yesterday for me, but it fell off over night, must have been where it got colder or something :rolleyes:

Hehe, just that mirror that the examiners use, and also making sure you're allowed to take it in that car. I think there's a list of 7 cars that you can't.

My tax disc does that when it gets cold :p:
AwesomelyPsycho
Hehe, just that mirror that the examiners use, and also making sure you're allowed to take it in that car. I think there's a list of 7 cars that you can't.

My tax disc does that when it gets cold :p:

ah okies thanks hun, yeah im just hoping it doesnt fall off during the test, i would be like oh god! :mad:

Yeah i can do it in my car, i checked the list, plus its just slightly different to my insructors car, same make though.
M.A.H
I have the exact same problem

Good to know I'm not the only one. Let's hope we never meet each other on the road :biggrin:
alexa123
ah okies thanks hun, yeah im just hoping it doesnt fall off during the test, i would be like oh god! :mad:

Yeah i can do it in my car, i checked the list, plus its just slightly different to my insructors car, same make though.

If it does, ignore it. The examiner will fix it. You just need to concentrate on your driving :smile:
AwesomelyPsycho
If it does, ignore it. The examiner will fix it. You just need to concentrate on your driving :smile:

thanks will do, i shall check its secure before the test too.

thanks for all your help, this thread is so good, also distracts me from doing all my college work- its been doing that all day!

and consequently ive got lots of work to do aswell as my test :rolleyes: :biggrin:
alexa123
thanks will do, i shall check its secure before the test too.

thanks for all your help, this thread is so good, also distracts me from doing all my college work- its been doing that all day!

and consequently ive got lots of work to do aswell as my test :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I've got that, and it'll happen all over again when I re-book.
Reply 5697
Ahh got a lesson tomorrow and it's snowing :frown:
Maxxie
Ahh got a lesson tomorrow and it's snowing :frown:

Should be interesting lesson....I have yet to have a lesson in the snow...
Im guessing my test will be cancelled if this snow doesnt clear over night.
The weather reports seem very mixed, some say it wil clear others say its going to get worse!

Ahh im actually gutted, i love snow but not at this moment, my instructor hasnt cancelled my lesson for tonight either, shes hoping it will clear too!

x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending