The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

alexa123
Im guessing my test will be cancelled if this snow doesnt clear over night.
The weather reports seem very mixed, some say it wil clear others say its going to get worse!

Ahh im actually gutted, i love snow but not at this moment, my instructor hasnt cancelled my lesson for tonight either, shes hoping it will clear too!

x

I'm sorry, sweetie :frown:
AwesomelyPsycho
I'm sorry, sweetie :frown:

Thanks, aww it cant be helped i know, i was just getting myself prepared. My instructor told me to call them up so i did and they said they couldnt be sure, so i shall have to wait til tomorrow.

The sun has come out here, the snow has stopped and is melting slowly, so aslong as it doesnt snow again/ get icy i maybe okay.
We shall see. :smile:

xx
alexa123
Thanks, aww it cant be helped i know, i was just getting myself prepared. My instructor told me to call them up so i did and they said they couldnt be sure, so i shall have to wait til tomorrow.

The sun has come out here, the snow has stopped and is melting slowly, so aslong as it doesnt snow again/ get icy i maybe okay.
We shall see. :smile:

xx

it's still snowing pretty heavily here... but that's good. I don't want school tomorrow either :p:

Give them a call tomorrow morning around 8:40. That's when the first test starts. Wait, what time's yours?
Sorry to hear you failed, AwesomelyPsycho :frown:
A major for oversteer is pretty harsh, I think, but then what do I know? :s-smilie:
I'm sure you'll pass next time, you seem like an awesome driver. I know how frustrating it is when your manoeuvres are perfect, but you still fail :frown:
AwesomelyPsycho
it's still snowing pretty heavily here... but that's good. I don't want school tomorrow either :p:

Give them a call tomorrow morning around 8:40. That's when the first test starts. Wait, what time's yours?

My test is at 10.14, but im meeting my instructor at about 9:15 at the centre for an hour lesson before. It says on the sheet the centre is open from 8am, but i dunno if thats the general call centre of the actual test centres too- i shall try it at 8am and if i dont get an answer i shall try at 8.40 as you have suggested just before i set off to meet my instructor.
She said to just text her with what they say when i call tomorrow so we know if its going ahead etc. as i dont wanna have a lesson then find out its not :smile:
thanks for all the info
x
alexa123
My test is at 10.14, but im meeting my instructor at about 9:15 at the centre for an hour lesson before. It says on the sheet the centre is open from 8am, but i dunno if thats the general call centre of the actual test centres too- i shall try it at 8am and if i dont get an answer i shall try at 8.40 as you have suggested just before i set off to meet my instructor.
She said to just text her with what they say when i call tomorrow so we know if its going ahead etc. as i dont wanna have a lesson then find out its not :smile:
thanks for all the info
x

Any news about your lesson tonight?
AwesomelyPsycho
Any news about your lesson tonight?

I think its pretty much off, theres still quite a lot of snow around, although i thought it was melting, its snowing a tiny amount now.

The weather said it would lightly snow until about 3pm then clear up all through til tomorrow, just not sure if its gonna be enough clear time to get it all shifted.
My mum said the roads are all clear and fine, so maybe if its not actually snowing it could possibly still go ahead, we shall see.

One thing the weather has done though, its stopped me worrying about my test, because im convinced its going to be cancelled, so im more disappointed at the moment. Last night when did think it was gonna snow i wasnt as calm as i am now!

We shall see :rolleyes: god i hate waiting!
Reply 5707
Aww I hope your lessons and the test both go ahead Alexa, it must be so annoying after all this preparation :frown:. Good luck if it does go ahead, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
alexa123
I think its pretty much off, theres still quite a lot of snow around, although i thought it was melting, its snowing a tiny amount now.

The weather said it would lightly snow until about 3pm then clear up all through til tomorrow, just not sure if its gonna be enough clear time to get it all shifted.
My mum said the roads are all clear and fine, so maybe if its not actually snowing it could possibly still go ahead, we shall see.

One thing the weather has done though, its stopped me worrying about my test, because im convinced its going to be cancelled, so im more disappointed at the moment. Last night when did think it was gonna snow i wasnt as calm as i am now!

We shall see :rolleyes: god i hate waiting!

What's the weather meant to be like tomorrow? And many of the roads are fine, they're just really icy. :frown:
thanks Zak, im getting annoyed about waiting to see, but theres nothing i can do about it and i cant even go out and practice.

Well ive looked at the 24 hour forecast and it keeps changing really but it has said it will snow til late tonight then no more and sun at about 9am tomorrow too, but i have a feeling it will be too late because if it snows all night it will be back again and wont move by 9am!! eugh
ah well, lucky theres no a massive waiting list at the moment.
ahh maaan my lesson got cancelled this morning cos of the snow.. kinda annoyed because i was meant to have a lesson on satuday but something came up so I had to cancel.. i havent had a lesson since last LAST monday now!

ive changed insructors and ive only had ONE lesson with him.. im kinda hoping the weather will improve by thursday so i can have a lesson.. i hate having to wait a LONG time for another lesson.. i like to keep them close together.
moody28028
I had my second lesson today. I managed to drive home, 5th gear and 55mph :biggrin:. My instructor didn't tell me I was going to do it, so suddenly I was on big roads and panicked a bit but it was ok. I really really can't steer in a straight line, I'm either in the middle of the road, or on the curb.

oh maan im the same!!! my steering is awful! lol.. my old instructor has had to grab the steering TOO many times lol.
Yusuf.T
ahh maaan my lesson got cancelled this morning cos of the snow.. kinda annoyed because i was meant to have a lesson on satuday but something came up so I had to cancel.. i havent had a lesson since last LAST monday now!

ive changed insructors and ive only had ONE lesson with him.. im kinda hoping the weather will improve by thursday so i can have a lesson.. i hate having to wait a LONG time for another lesson.. i like to keep them close together.

Ah, unlucky. Mine will probably be cancelled on wednesday cause all the melted snow will have turned to ice :frown:
LooieENG
Ah, unlucky. Mine will probably be cancelled on wednesday cause all the melted snow will have turned to ice :frown:

yeah it sucks.. i guess no one is doing any driving this week.. thing is that last month when we had the OTHER big freeze the ground was full of ice etcc yet my isstructor still came for the lesson.. he made me do manouvers and all!l ol
Well judging by the snow outside my house, my test has a good chance of being cancelled. And my lesson tomorrow morning will be cancelled I think. Hopefully it will clear up though overnight.
I want to drive more often waiting till half term then hopefully going to get a car that I can learn to drive in
Yeah, last time there was snow I went on a lesson. My street is bad because it's high up, but once you get onto the main roads it's fine
Rizzletastic
Well judging by the snow outside my house, my test has a good chance of being cancelled. And my lesson tomorrow morning will be cancelled I think. Hopefully it will clear up though overnight.

Do you have your test tomorrow?

All the roads around the test centre here are gritted etc. so if there isnt anymore snow fall during the night im hoping my test will continue, but i somehow doubt it!

Personally i can see they are trying to make it equal but severely heavy rain would be almost as bad as a gritted road that had ice. etc.
alexa123
Do you have your test tomorrow?

No I have a lesson tomorrow morning, and my test is Wednesday morning.
Rizzletastic
No I have a lesson tomorrow morning, and my test is Wednesday morning.

Ah rite, well good luck if it goes ahead. I expect the snow will have turned to ice by then, which isnt any better :mad:

Let us know how it goes for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending