The Learner driver progression thread Watch

username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alexa123)
Ah rite, well good luck if it goes ahead. I expect the snow will have turned to ice by then, which isnt any better :mad:

Let us know how it goes for you.
Nope, just got word there from my instructor, my lesson tomorrow is cancelled.
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My street theres someone telling people to not come down here unless they live here, and if they do come down they can't get up the side roads cos they just slip straight back down =\
jose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My lesson was cancelled today and it's looking touch and go for my test tomorrow morning. At least 3 inches on the ground which i can't see melting soon and the roads are very slushy. Kinda hoping it is cancelled tbh as missing today has left me slightly less prepared than i'd hoped - only had 26 hours with the instructor and no private practise. Still, i'll give it a go if it's on...
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jose)
My test was cancelled today and it's looking touch and go for my test tomorrow morning. At least 3 inches on the ground which i can't see melting soon and the roads are very slushy. Kinda hoping it is cancelled tbh as missing today has left me slightly less prepared than i'd hoped - only had 26 hours with the instructor and no private practise. Still, i'll give it a go if it's on...
Gosh you managed to get a slot the day after the date that got cancelled?! That was good.
I agree with you on the weather front, shame here. I shall be shocked if i take my test tomorrow looking outside now.
jose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Gosh you managed to get a slot the day after the date that got cancelled?! That was good.
I agree with you on the weather front, shame here. I shall be shocked if i take my test tomorrow looking outside now.

Ah :o: typo, it was a lesson that got cancelled today not test. If it is cancelled tomorrow then i could still probably get a spot early next week so it's not too bad. Local weather forecast is saying more snow showers and plenty of ice :cool:
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jose)
Ah :o: typo, it was a lesson that got cancelled today not test. If it is cancelled tomorrow then i could still probably get a spot early next week so it's not too bad. Local weather forecast is saying more snow showers and plenty of ice :cool:
Ah i see, yeah mine was the same as you then- lesson cancelled today and test tomorrow, all we can do is wait :rolleyes:
overclocked
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Just had an awesome lesson in the snow

It's okay driving- my instructor said it's part of my pass plus since I'll be starting that in a few weeks if I pass !
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bob9001)
Just had an awesome lesson in the snow

It's okay driving- my instructor said it's part of my pass plus since I'll be starting that in a few weeks if I pass !
See i think aslong as its not mega dangerous its good to have lessons in all weather, as driving is unpredictable and you will have to drive in ice etc. when you pass anyways!
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
It'd be interesting to be able to compare the accident rates of people who had their lessons in winter and had to face all kinds of weather conditions to those who learnt over the summer where they drove on clear days all the time. Surely the earlier you face ice and snow, the better for your driving. It certainly helped me, seeing what it was like pulling away in 2nd early on for example. Not something I'd want to find out about by myself after driving on my own for 4 months.
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My test today has been cancelled finally!!
We called up at 8am and the examiner told us that he had skided going to work today but that my test at 10.14 may still be on- ridiculous if you ask me. I live on a main road and the traffic is going at about 5 mph. so there was no chance i would get there etc. anyways.
They said the booking office would call me to arrange another date, does anyone know how long this usually takes??

xx
AwesomelyPsycho
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
We called up at 8am and the examiner told us that he had skided going to work today but that my test at 10.14 may still be on- ridiculous if you ask me. I live on a main road and the traffic is going at about 5 mph. so there was no chance i would get there etc. anyways.
They said the booking office would call me to arrange another date, does anyone know how long this usually takes??

xx
I'm sorry honey that it was cancelled... but it's for the best.
I'm pretty sure it might take a little longer than usual as they're gonna have to call a lot of people to reschedule. They may even cancel tomorrow morning's because of any left over ice.
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the theory test booking letter to come around..? I know it could be delayed due to the snow, etc, but usually..?
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 9 years ago
Only a few days, no more than a week really.
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
thanks awesomely psycho xx
Bjpchilds
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My test is on Thursday morning...if it doesn't get cancelled...I don't rate my chances much though
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aH Guys sorry it is me again-
I have just looked at my booking on the DSA website and despite saying they would call me i have been allocated a date of 19th Feb. There are test days for thurs 5th Feb- however is this gonna be too soon for me to book?? As in because im unlikely to get a letter will they not let me choose this date?? I know im running the risk of it snowing and all this happening again, but i was really hoping for a sooner date to take my test!

arrrrrrrrh so annoying.
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

xx
That's a shame . It's a good thing really given conditions, I hope you get a retest soon . Look on the bright side, more time for you to practice
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
aH Guys sorry it is me again-
I have just looked at my booking on the DSA website and despite saying they would call me i have been allocated a date of 19th Feb. There are test days for thurs 5th Feb- however is this gonna be too soon for me to book?? As in because im unlikely to get a letter will they not let me choose this date?? I know im running the risk of it snowing and all this happening again, but i was really hoping for a sooner date to take my test!

arrrrrrrrh so annoying.
If you phone up and explain I think they would move it for you. I know for theorys if you don't get the letter you just show the booking number, so I suppose for practicals they could be able to give you the booking number over the phone (or it might be the same as before it you take the old letter (every time i moved the theory it was the same number as before i moved)) and you just take that and then your normal ID that you need

Give it a go Hope you get it
alexa123
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
If you phone up and explain I think they would move it for you. I know for theorys if you don't get the letter you just show the booking number, so I suppose for practicals they could be able to give you the booking number over the phone (or it might be the same as before it you take the old letter (every time i moved the theory it was the same number as before i moved)) and you just take that and then your normal ID that you need

Give it a go Hope you get it
thanks for that Zack, i refreshed the page and an opening came up for tuesday 10th feb at 10:44am and ive gone for that. Similar time to my original test and same day- plus im hoping the snow will have laid off by then. Gives me a few days to get calm and confident again because ive gotten quite annoyed and almost felt like im deffo not gonna pass after these last few days.

cheers xxx
k823127
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why are the practical times like 9.33 am etc? Why not half 9?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (173)
67.58%
No (83)
32.42%

Watched Threads