The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Well my test was cancelled, but rather than contacting me they just didn't show up at the test centre and didn't pick up the phone all morning. Brilliant system..:rolleyes:
So i went in and had all the fun stress of a test without the useful bit. Turned into a pretty fun lesson though, with lots of creeping around on very icy/snowy roads. And the emergency stops were interesting, if not effective. It would actually have been a pretty good day for a test as all the roads were completely empty, so every junction and roundabout was straightforward, and going at 20mph gives you way more time to think :smile:.

alexa123
aH Guys sorry it is me again-
I have just looked at my booking on the DSA website and despite saying they would call me i have been allocated a date of 19th Feb. There are test days for thurs 5th Feb- however is this gonna be too soon for me to book?? As in because im unlikely to get a letter will they not let me choose this date?? I know im running the risk of it snowing and all this happening again, but i was really hoping for a sooner date to take my test!

arrrrrrrrh so annoying.

Just checked mine online and have been rebooked on the 19th as well. I'll probably ring them and try to change it to next week. I'm also considering a bit of complaining re the complete lack of information this morning. Poor effort from them tbh, it's not like they didn't know yesterday it was going to be dodgy :shifty: .
jose
Well my test was cancelled, but rather than contacting me they just didn't show up at the test centre and didn't pick up the phone all morning. Brilliant system..:rolleyes:
So i went in and had all the fun stress of a test without the useful bit. Turned into a pretty fun lesson though, with lots of creeping around on very icy/snowy roads. And the emergency stops were interesting, if not effective. It would actually have been a pretty good day for a test as all the roads were completely empty, so every junction and roundabout was straightforward, and going at 20mph gives you way more time to think :smile:.

Just checked mine online and have been rebooked on the 19th as well. I'll probably ring them and try to change it to next week. I'm also considering a bit of complaining re the complete lack of information this morning. Poor effort from them tbh, it's not like they didn't know yesterday it was going to be dodgy :shifty: .

I didnt bother with all the phones in the end, just went online, checked up dates and changed it- seems quicker to me.
The thing is at the end of the day if none of the staff could get to the test centre to answer the phone etc. then there isnt a lot they can do about it- but i do agree it sounded badly planned out. etc.
On the letter it does say in bad conditions you call them, i havent seen anywhere it says they call you- but still it sounds like you did try.
Reply 5742
Yeah i started by phoning them repeatedly, but my instructor said that they'd phoned people on previous occasions so we assumed that it was still on. Also, i live about 12 miles from the test centre so the conditions could have been quite different there. Not a huge problem though, just a bit annoying. There was actually an examiner (not mine) outside as well who hadn't been told that stuff had been cancelled and he'd come from miles away. Not a happy man..
Hey Alexa

As your test was cancelled did you just book another one online for the next available date? Or did they do that for you?
bob9001
Hey Alexa

As your test was cancelled did you just book another one online for the next available date? Or did they do that for you?

Heya,
Well they told me when they said it was cancelled the national booking centre would call and arrange another date- but they didnt.
I logged onto the DSA website and checked my booking, and they had done another date for me. As it was 19th feb and i wanted one sooner i searcher for earliest dates and there were only ones in the next 2 days avaliable before 19th but when i refreshed the page i found one for the 10th- which is perfect as hopefully the weather will be better :biggrin:

sorry i rambled there- yeah basically log on and check your booking or give the booking people a call. xx
alexa123
Heya,
Well they told me when they said it was cancelled the national booking centre would call and arrange another date- but they didnt.
I logged onto the DSA website and checked my booking, and they had done another date for me. As it was 19th feb and i wanted one sooner i searcher for earliest dates and there were only ones in the next 2 days avaliable before 19th but when i refreshed the page i found one for the 10th- which is perfect as hopefully the weather will be better :biggrin:

sorry i rambled there- yeah basically log on and check your booking or give the booking people a call. xx

Mines on the 9th..I'm hoping it won't be cancelled!

The snow seems to be clearing up- the roads are clear now *touch wood*!
bob9001
Mines on the 9th..I'm hoping it won't be cancelled!

The snow seems to be clearing up- the roads are clear now *touch wood*!

Gosh i deffo hope its gone by then as mine will be the day after that!! Im so desperate to pass, graah.

good luck in your test xx
alexa123
Gosh i deffo hope its gone by then as mine will be the day after that!! Im so desperate to pass, graah.

good luck in your test xx

Good luck in yours to
Hope you pass :smile:!

So if its cancelled, they assign a date to you but you can change that right? :yep:
bob9001
Good luck in yours to
Hope you pass :smile:!

So if its cancelled, they assign a date to you but you can change that right? :yep:

Thanks.
Yes you can go onto the DSA website and click check bookings, then at the top of the info you can click a link asking to look/change to a different date/time.
Finally got back in touch with my instructor..first time since november and ive got my first lesson tomorrow..although i think the weather may put pay to that! Not looking forward to it, hope i havent forgot :\
diamondlad
Finally got back in touch with my instructor..first time since november and ive got my first lesson tomorrow..although i think the weather may put pay to that! Not looking forward to it, hope i havent forgot :\

You haven't had a lesson since November? How comes?

Okay guys, I'll be booking my next test tonight :biggrin:
AwesomelyPsycho

I failed my second test in November and completely lost the passion to drive and my motivation just faded away to be honest! Not something I want to do, so im gonna throw myself back into it..hopefully refresh myself with a few lessons and if all is well, book my test again :smile:
AwesomelyPsycho

Gosh id of thought you'd have been it by now- hope you manange to get a date that isnt too far away :smile:
alexa123
Gosh id of thought you'd have been it by now- hope you manange to get a date that isnt too far away :smile:

I've been trying to convince my mum to pay for it because I lost my job :tongue:
She finally relented and is gonna give me her card when she gets home from work, hehe. Annoying parents into saying yes works every time!
Reply 5754
Haha!!

Hope you get a date soon :smile:. Sorry to hear about your job, that must be so annoying with how much driving costs :frown:
AwesomelyPsycho
I've been trying to convince my mum to pay for it because I lost my job :tongue:
She finally relented and is gonna give me her card when she gets home from work, hehe. Annoying parents into saying yes works every time!

Oh i see, well good job she has let you! I really hope you pass. xx
Thanks guys :smile:
Luckily the place near to me seems to be the best around when it comes to dates. A lot of places around Essex have waiting times that are going into May at the moment, whereas where I am it's at the end of Feb/beginning of March.
Eugh, I hate double posting but this deserves its own post!

Wednesday 25 Feb BABY! :biggrin:
AwesomelyPsycho

aww not too bad really, hope you do well hun! Let us know.

Are you having anymore lessons? Im only having one the day before my test- arrh its just started snowing again, things arent gonna look good!! :mad:
AwesomelyPsycho

Oooh that's a very near date! I had to wait nearly seven weeks when I booked my test.

Goodluck :smile: Hopefuly the weather will be abit better by then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending