The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

FXX
You might as well have at least one lesson in the snow/ice. It's great experience, and can actually be pretty exciting when the wheels lose traction. All you have to do is drive more slowly and concentrate more on which way the car is moving (it won't necessarily be straight ahead!). Much better learning with an instructor than by yourself, anyway.

Woop!

My lesson went ahead, and it went quite well. Enjoyed the experience too!! :smile:
I went driving tonight and I lsot control of the car :eek:

I was driving into my road and there's a layer of ice covering it... and it's a hill. Suddenly the wheel started spinning through my fingers and the car slipped. Scariest thing ever!
Hey guys! I've got my test on the 23rd february. :biggrin:
Well it's official, cancelled my test. Had an awful lesson (as per usual) and my instructor was saying how I was going to have accident because I'm so anxious and I forget everything...well those are my own reasons. Had a complete meltdown when I came in and saw that if I couldn't even be on the roads without a pounding heart or watery eyes, then I shouldn't be doing it at all.
Nerves are kicking in full now, one week until theory test, argggggghhh!!
Reply 5785
My lessons been cancelled woooo :woo: No bay parkling for me :biggrin:

Pepperoni
Well it's official, cancelled my test. Had an awful lesson (as per usual) and my instructor was saying how I was going to have accident because I'm so anxious and I forget everything...well those are my own reasons. Had a complete meltdown when I came in and saw that if I couldn't even be on the roads without a pounding heart or watery eyes, then I shouldn't be doing it at all.

Aww don't take such drastic action :frown:, you'll regret it.

How many lessons have you had with your instructor? Maybe one telling you you're going to have an accident isn't the best for you and you should give it a try with another instructor......
AwesomelyPsycho
I went driving tonight and I lsot control of the car :eek:

I was driving into my road and there's a layer of ice covering it... and it's a hill. Suddenly the wheel started spinning through my fingers and the car slipped. Scariest thing ever!

God i would have been scared about that, its flipping snowing again here. I desperately want it to stop!! arrrrh :s-smilie:
Arrghhh. My nice 1PM test got canceled because of snow, and now my rebooked test is on the 13th of March at 8:40 (IN THE MORNING!!!!)

Apart from traffic being bad, I'll be like a zombie at that ime :mad:

Original post by G&#949
Nerves are kicking in full now, one week until theory test, argggggghhh!!

Get one of those Driving Test Success CDs. They really help for the Hazard Perception
Guys, I'm sorry all your tests are getting cancelled :frown:
I hope you all find dates that you want, or at least find a better cancellation.

I'm snowed in on my hill... AGAIN!
LooieENG
Arrghhh. My nice 1PM test got canceled because of snow, and now my rebooked test is on the 13th of March at 8:40 (IN THE MORNING!!!!)

Apart from traffic being bad, I'll be like a zombie at that ime :mad:

Get one of those Driving Test Success CDs. They really help for the Hazard Perception

Get on the DSA website, log in your details and keep looking for cancellations, it does sound like your area where the driving test is, is busier than mine but there's bound to be some cancellations.
LooieENG

Oh man, I hope I don't have to wait that long for my test.
ive just had 3rd lesson with new instructor and decided on a target of may, Im not feeling too confident though!
Reply 5792
My lesson on monday was cancelled, but had two yesterday on ice which was actually pretty cool lol. I still suck at driving though :frown:
Zack
My lessons been cancelled woooo :woo: No bay parkling for me :biggrin:

Aww don't take such drastic action :frown:, you'll regret it.

How many lessons have you had with your instructor? Maybe one telling you you're going to have an accident isn't the best for you and you should give it a try with another instructor......

I've been doing it a year this month. I'm a really slow learner and it takes me a long time to grasp skills like this, but I did book it kind of on impulse just because I wanted to pass. What made it worse was that the place where everybody else in my area did it closed down just after I started learning, which was a town and now I have to do it the city and that = pass rate much much lower and roundabout hell. Kind of regret not pushing myself now. aaaah.
Reply 5794
Pepperoni
I've been doing it a year this month. I'm a really slow learner and it takes me a long time to grasp skills like this, but I did book it kind of on impulse just because I wanted to pass. What made it worse was that the place where everybody else in my area did it closed down just after I started learning, which was a town and now I have to do it the city and that = pass rate much much lower and roundabout hell. Kind of regret not pushing myself now. aaaah.

Aww :frown:. I know it can be annoying but if you've been doing it for a year then after all the money you have spent on your lessons and the theory test, it's worth carrying on :smile:. Maybe a change of instructor would be best? From what you said in the last post they don’t seem the most encouraging!

Good luck, you'll get there :smile:
madeyoulook
ive just had 3rd lesson with new instructor and decided on a target of may, Im not feeling too confident though!

Confidence will come with time and practice... :smile:
eeeeek
bob now hates hill starts!
:mad:
Reply 5797
aaah no more lessons until my test next friday!
Not sure whether my two hour lesson will go ahead today...conditions are worse than that of Thursday evening, so awaiting the green/red light from my instructor.. :smile:
Ah im still desperate to go out driving, the county i live in has run outta grit so hardly any roads are gritted and the ice is really bad today. As im taking my test in Hampshire, not Wiltshire lets just hope they havent run outta grit, 4 days to go- this one better not get cancelled too.
I just feel like i won't pass if i cant have any practice except for the hour before the test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending