The Learner driver progression thread Watch

marilyn_fan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have my third test next week which I really can't afford to fail..I have been quite unlucky on both tests and really feel I'm ready to pass! I'm still having problems with parallel parking though...I always steer full lock right too early and end up too wide. Does anyone have any tips?
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Stig)
Going over the speed limit in a test is not a major. Aslong as you correct it quickly, it's a minor. If keep on going over the limit it's a major. I know someone who passed who got two minors for speeding.

When it comes to speed, it depends on the examiner. The chances are, if you're breaking the limit by 2-3mph the examiner won't notice and won't be looking at your speedometer. So don't think you've instantly failed.
Ah right thanks! I didn't know that. I always assumed it was a major because it's a criminal offense (ok the police won't prosecute for a few MPH over, but it technically still is) and also one of my mates said he failed because he got a major for 4 or 5mph over (he hadn't slowed down in time by the lower limit). Maybe the fact there were the slow signs etc and he hadn't slowed enough also counted against him, but from what he said it made it sound as if it was purely for being over the limit at the time, rather than to do with the circumstances of why he was over the limit

That’s good to know though, obviously I’ll try and stay under, but if I happen to go over I’ll be able to keep concentration rather than thinking I’ve failed. Maybe that was one of my many minors, or he just didn’t notice. I’m thinking he didn’t notice, as if he did surely he would have made a point about it, as that must be one of the most annoying things to fail on
kiki28
Report 9 years ago
just a quick question about the theory i have mine tomorrow. just wondering if you finish the multiple choice before the time runs out can you go onto the other part straight away or do you have to wait for the time to be up?

just dont like waiting about in exams really
overclocked
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by kiki28)
just a quick question about the theory i have mine tomorrow. just wondering if you finish the multiple choice before the time runs out can you go onto the other part straight away or do you have to wait for the time to be up?

You can get onto the other part straight away

I finished the multiple choice fairly quickly, so I'd be waiting around for ages if I had to wait!
Elegant Elephant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

You can go straight to the hazard perception. I finished the multi choice in about 6 minutes, probably would've hated it if I had to wait 50 minutes for the test to finish :tongue:
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

You get a 3 minute break too, although can can click next whenever you feel like so don't have to use the 3 minutes

And it's more like 5 mins anyway because of the introduction video for the Hazard part. Hope it goes well for you
madeyoulook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well i passed my theory yesterday with 50/50 multiple choice and 57 for the hazard perception!
hopefully i can book practical soon!
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by madeyoulook)
Well i passed my theory yesterday with 50/50 multiple choice and 57 for the hazard perception!
Woop! Congrats!! Seems quite a lot of people are getting 49/50 out of 50 recently..

Had a mate take his yesterday, got 49/50 and 62/75...

And I got 50/50, and 60/75...
Geerththanan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I did my 50 questions in like 10 minutes or under, and upon finishing, I thought "I must have missed some questions to have fnished that quickly!" So I went through the 50 again just to make sure, and upon checking the time again, I had like 42 minutes left, and I thought, not gonna sit around checking for a third time, and moved onto the Hazard Perception without taking the 3 minutes...I just wanted to get it done and over with really...

GOOD LUCK!!
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My lesson was a lot better today and actually, somehow, managed 2 good reverse round corners as well. Got another mock test on Friday. He said today that I can either go for a normal date (so about a month+ away) or go for the cancellation when I'm ready, depending on if I feel I would work better with a test over my head (got 4 weeks to learn this etc) or if I want to feel ready (which I won't but if he reckons I am when he says it then that'll do) before getting a cancellation for the following week. I said I'd go with the cancellation which should still see me get it quicker anyway, so if the mock goes well on Friday I can go for a cancellation then. That's the good thing about having 3 a week in the half term, has enabled me to try and get it sorted even quicker without being dragged out too long. And obviously if I was just having 1 a week normally I would be in about June now before getting to this stage! :eek:

Well done!!
Maxxie
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well done! I have a question, how long did you spend revising for the test?

Thanks
wizard710
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I finally have my car so I can start to learn to drive now
jose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jaydiee)
OMGGG
I've got my practical test tomorrow at 09.07 :'(

Considering I failed my mock test with 2 majors and 3 minors what do you think my chances are....lol?
Mine is tomorrow at 10.34:woo:

I failed my mock with 2 majors and 7 minors, but the majors were stupid. I'm just planning to feign confidence all morning :cool:
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck! Don't worry about failing mocks, in a real test you'll probably do much better anyway .
Jaydiee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by jose)
Mine is tomorrow at 10.34:woo:

I failed my mock with 2 majors and 7 minors, but the majors were stupid. I'm just planning to feign confidence all morning :cool:
:rolleyes: Well i passed today with 8 minors
So GOOD LUCK :woo:
x
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got my test on monday. I'm quite worried about bay parking... What are all your reference points? I can't for the life of me remember mine totally!
Anderson8
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have never learnt bay parking and my test is in 1 week.

Maybe i dont have to do it at my test centre?

Im shtting it with nerves =(

Help
Sarah Sheep
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anderson8)
I have never learnt bay parking and my test is in 1 week.

Maybe i dont have to do it at my test centre?

Im shtting it with nerves =(

Help
If you've not been taught it then chances are you don't have to do it!
I didn't either, but I wish I had been taught how...
pork products
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Anyone else have lessons that they just think they are going backwards? My last lesson he said i was close to test standard and on the last lesson I forgot indicators on nearly every roundabout and just ****** everything up although my manouevers are still perfect.

Uhh I just want to pass
madeyoulook
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maxxie)
Well done! I have a question, how long did you spend revising for the test?

Thanks

thanks everyone

I spent about 4 hours on the practice cd driving test sucess.
the questions were exactly the same
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads