The Learner driver progression thread Watch

username156343
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ElegantElephant™)
Yep for 10th March! I hope I'm ready by then! I don't take failing easily, not even first time :cool:
Same day high-five!
Elegant Elephant
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rizzletastic)
Same day high-five!
:cheers:
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pepperoni)
Good luck with the upcoming test AwesomelyPyscho, and thebirthoftragedy if you feel ready enough to book it
Welll...went out with my dad this morning. We rent a dual control car as we have a people carrier that isn't be best for learning in. God, it was awful. I keep forgetting how to do some of the maneuvers, he'll say I did it well, but I know I've missed a ton of stuff out, like reference points and checks in a certain mirror etc. Attempted a left reverse and just mucked it up constantly and decided to drive off, my dad went ballastic and shouted that I shouldn't just give up each time and maybe he shouldn't take me at all because it was going nowhere. I like going with my dad because I'm under so much pressure from my instructor when I'm on a lesson and I just caved and ended up having to be driven back..

Things aren't going so well
Awww . Don't let what your dad said get to you, I'm sure he just wants the best for you, but it can be quite intimidating I guess. Put it out of your head next time and try your best, then you can improve rather than worrying about what you can't change. I think that's how I finally did 2 good RRC's, good luck, you'll be fine

Yep for 10th March! I hope I'm ready by then! I don't take failing easily, not even first time :cool:
Same, I won't be happy if I fail, even though I'm expect it. Good luck!

Good luck Rizzletastic too!

(Original post by sundogs)
Hey everyone! had my first 2 hour lesson yesterday on my 17th birthday and it was so much fun but a bit terrifying!

I was told by friends that I probably wouldn't get to do any driving but it was fantastic, I was driving 1/2 an hour in up and down the road- stalled once when i forgot to take my foot off the clutch changing to 2nd gear!

my driving instructor is lovely and i can't wait till my next lesson next saturday
Good!! Glad it went well for you . Always nice to like your instructor
Amelia31
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
I don't know anyone who has racked up 15 minors in a test and passed by not having a serious (by the time you get to 15 you are surely looking at having some repeated at least 4 times, making it a serious)
Just to say I know someone who got the max. no of minors before a fail and managed to pass which really annoyed me seeing as I got none in my first test and failed. Means that her average driving is pretty poor but oh well...it is possible!
Elegant Elephant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On a mini roundabout, who gives way to who? I'm so confused

(Original post by Zack)

Same, I won't be happy if I fail, even though I'm expect it. Good luck!

Good luck Rizzletastic too!
Thanks, you too
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Amelia31)
Just to say I know someone who got the max. no of minors before a fail and managed to pass which really annoyed me seeing as I got none in my first test and failed. Means that her average driving is pretty poor but oh well...it is possible!
Wow! I was looking at mine, and all my errors were in the same parts, like 2 or 3 in each, everything else was clear, so to get 15 would mean pretty poor across the board really. I think the most I have heard of is 11, so no wonder you were annoyed!!

On a mini roundabout, who gives way to who? I'm so confused

Thanks, you too
Treat it like a proper roundabout (apart from signaling left off it), so give way to the right
Elegant Elephant
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Wow! I was looking at mine, and all my errors were in the same parts, like 2 or 3 in each, everything else was clear, so to get 15 would mean pretty poor across the board really. I think the most I have heard of is 11, so no wonder you were annoyed!!

Treat it like a proper roundabout (apart from signaling left off it), so give way to the right
Ah I see, thanks for that
osamab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
You still have to signal left and right. Only if your going straight on a mini roundabout, you don't have to signal.
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by osamab)
You still have to signal left and right. Only if your going straight on a mini roundabout, you don't have to signal.
Yes, I said you don’t have to signal off it. So if you are going right then you obviously signal right on approach, but you don't signal left after the 2nd exit as you would on a proper roundabout
osamab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zack)
Yes, I said you don’t have to signal off it. So if you are going right then you obviously signal right on approach, but you don't signal left after the 2nd exit as you would on a proper roundabout
yeah sorry. I misunderstood.
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got my car back today, woohoo! Did a little bit of driving, so that's something. I hate that we have to go out with someone as both my parents work until like 7 each night, and then come home totally shattered, so I only get to drive a little bit each weekend.
Carl Sagan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have my test tomorrow.
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck
AwesomelyPsycho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck, you'll do great!
Rach L
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've not posted in here in aaaaaaages! I have my test on Wednesday - I'm getting quite nervous now. I've had 30 lessons and no practice with parents (I don't have a car and I can't drive my dad's as it's a company car) so I hope that's enough...
Carl Sagan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks.
wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joshm)
I have my test tomorrow.
Ooooh me too, what time is yours?

Starting to get quite nervous now...
Zack
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by joshm)
I have my test tomorrow.
(Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)

(Original post by Rach L)
I've not posted in here in aaaaaaages! I have my test on Wednesday - I'm getting quite nervous now. I've had 30 lessons and no practice with parents (I don't have a car and I can't drive my dad's as it's a company car) so I hope that's enough...
Good luck all of you!!
marilyn_fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have my third test this week...I feel like I'm under so much pressure to pass this time! At least I know what to expect.
Carl Sagan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wEe_ScOtTisH_yIn)

Good luck.

11:21. I have a lesson before it to show me how bad I am at manouvres.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.6%
No (737)
72.4%

Watched Threads