Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The theory is in the bag, passed today!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
    zuher11, if anything your uncle would be impartial to seeing you as worse off than you are... that's the case with all family. So if he thinks you're good, then go for it! That's great.

Just stay positive and you'll do fine. If you convince yourself you're going to fail, before you even take the test, then you might. So just breathe, relax and do your best. You'll do great

Wow, my test came pretty quickly. It's next week. I still have't found my confidence after failing the last one, which isn't good. I've also developed an issue with overtaking cyclists. It popped out of nowhere and now I can't get back to how I was before
    i just failed my second test! It's awful, I spent my day crying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    I'm sorry

What happened?

I know it doesn't feel good, but try thinking of it positively. It's hard, I know, but think of it this way... say you had passed as the examiner gave you the benefit of the doubt, and then you were in an accident for the same reason. It'll happen It takes time. Hell, I'm on my 5th!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry

What happened?

I know it doesn't feel good, but try thinking of it positively. It's hard, I know, but think of it this way... say you had passed as the examiner gave you the benefit of the doubt, and then you were in an accident for the same reason. It'll happen It takes time. Hell, I'm on my 5th!
    well i did the most stupid think ever: I didn't see the give way line at a junction and since I had priority at the previous junction, I thought I still had priority! The examiner had to break and I was like: what is she doing? She told me I had to stop at the junction and look both ways and then only, I realised there was actually a give way line!!!!! It was like faded, but there was one! I knew I had failed, so I started doing everything wrong. I always do my reverse round the corner perfectly, I messed it up this time. Same with my bay park which I never get wrong!!!!! Then I clipped the kerb because I was trying to give way to a fast coming vehicle, but she gave me a minor for steering on that one!
    I am still crying by the way and it feels like I will never pass.
    Worse is that for the first time, my instructor told me that my driving was excellent (in the lesson before the test) and added that i should pass. I just disappointed him and myself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    well i did the most stupid think ever: I didn't see the give way line at a junction and since I had priority at the previous junction, I thought I still had priority! The examiner had to break and I was like: what is she doing? She told me I had to stop at the junction and look both ways and then only, I realised there was actually a give way line!!!!! It was like faded, but there was one! I knew I had failed, so I started doing everything wrong. I always do my reverse round the corner perfectly, I messed it up this time. Same with my bay park which I never get wrong!!!!! Then I clipped the kerb because I was trying to give way to a fast coming vehicle, but she gave me a minor for steering on that one!
    I am still crying by the way and it feels like I will never pass.
    Worse is that for the first time, my instructor told me that my driving was excellent (in the lesson before the test) and added that i should pass. I just disappointed him and myself!
    That sucks! It's annoying when you do one thing wrong and it ruins the rest. No one can drive perfectly for 40 minutes, and I know that's what the minors are for, but sometimes the majors are a little silly, too.

Are you gonna book another one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    Just read your other post too, that's a shame, I hate it when things like that happen . I had that too after I failed I just messed everything up so it's not really a fair reflection of how you drive because you are upset from the previous. Like AwesomelyPsycho said just try and take the positives from it and go for another test

(Original post by Harry ☆)
    The theory is in the bag, passed today!! :cool:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    That sucks! It's annoying when you do one thing wrong and it ruins the rest. No one can drive perfectly for 40 minutes, and I know that's what the minors are for, but sometimes the majors are a little silly, too.

Are you gonna book another one?
    i already did, but my confidence reached rock bottom. I am doomed to fail, I will always fail but there si this thing inside me that tells me: don't give up, u put too much effort and money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    i already did, but my confidence reached rock bottom. I am doomed to fail, I will always fail but there si this thing inside me that tells me: don't give up, u put too much effort and money!
    Aww, you're not doomed to fail! Lots of people take a few tests. It just means your extra safe

We'll all pass eventually... so don't give up. Just imagine that feeling when the tell us we've passed.

Zack, how've you been!? How's the driving going!? It's been ages!

ReputationRep:
    Wow it has been a while since I posted in here, I gave driving a break for a few months as I was pissed off with my mistake on the last test. I had my first lesson since the test and it all seems to be their just a bit of stuff with hesitance and hill starts being a pain in the arse.

How is it going for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    Aww, you're not doomed to fail! Lots of people take a few tests. It just means your extra safe

We'll all pass eventually... so don't give up. Just imagine that feeling when the tell us we've passed.

Zack, how've you been!? How's the driving going!? It's been ages!
    Haha I know! Haven't driven since Friday, got my test the day after yours (yours is Thursday isn't it?), so got a 2 hour lesson on Monday and 2 hours on Thursday. My instructor was nice, because I had 1 of my current block of 5 left he said if I was to buy another block of 5 (which I will on Monday) he would let me use 2 of the 5 to cover the driving test (so basically costing just under £40) rather than having to pay him £40 on top as I was expecting, so I only have to take 2 x 2 hour lessons, rather than the 3 I was expecting with £40 on top. It is much better with 2 x 2, I think 3 would have been too much

Just really need to pass, I don’t want it dragging out any longer . Especially because of uni and stuff! I'm sure you'll be fine in yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)

Well done
    Thank you mate, it was your good luck :p: You will have to say it again when I am doing my practical, haa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Haha I know! Haven't driven since Friday, got my test the day after yours (yours is Thursday isn't it?), so got a 2 hour lesson on Monday and 2 hours on Thursday. My instructor was nice, because I had 1 of my current block of 5 left he said if I was to buy another block of 5 (which I will on Monday) he would let me use 2 of the 5 to cover the driving test (so basically costing just under £40) rather than having to pay him £40 on top as I was expecting, so I only have to take 2 x 2 hour lessons, rather than the 3 I was expecting with £40 on top. It is much better with 2 x 2, I think 3 would have been too much

Just really need to pass, I don’t want it dragging out any longer . Especially because of uni and stuff! I'm sure you'll be fine in yours
    Yep, it's on Thursday. Had a lesson today and went to pieces on parallel park, when usually I'm awesome at it. My driving is perfectly fine, I just still don't have that confidence, which I'm afraid will cause me to fail.

I know what you mean about passing. I want to be able to drive in for my exams. Getting the bus means leaving earlier due to waiting time, stopping..etc. It adds extra pressure.

Our tests are always really close :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it's on Thursday. Had a lesson today and went to pieces on parallel park, when usually I'm awesome at it. My driving is perfectly fine, I just still don't have that confidence, which I'm afraid will cause me to fail.

I know what you mean about passing. I want to be able to drive in for my exams. Getting the bus means leaving earlier due to waiting time, stopping..etc. It adds extra pressure.

Our tests are always really close :tongue:
    Awww . That's horrible when that happens, I've been really dodgy with parallel park & turn in road recently, they were the only 2 I could do properly!

Yea I know what you mean, you would have to leave so early I guess because you don't want to be in any danger of missing them. My exam is a week long 18th - 22nd, so even if I have hopefully passed, I wouldn't have a car by then.

Haha yea!

I realised today that I might not be able to get a car anyway, because you need to check to make sure it's alright, not being scammed etc, I haven't got anyone who would know about cars to go with me....looks like I'll have to get my mate to do it in Bedford next year!

(Original post by Harry ☆)
    Thank you mate, it was your good luck :p: You will have to say it again when I am doing my practical, haa.
    Ha! Are you actually having lessons, or did you just want to get your theory done before you start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Awww . That's horrible when that happens, I've been really dodgy with parallel park & turn in road recently, they were the only 2 I could do properly!

Yea I know what you mean, you would have to leave so early I guess because you don't want to be in any danger of missing them. My exam is a week long 18th - 22nd, so even if I have hopefully passed, I wouldn't have a car by then.

Haha yea!

I realised today that I might not be able to get a car anyway, because you need to check to make sure it's alright, not being scammed etc, I haven't got anyone who would know about cars to go with me....looks like I'll have to get my mate to do it in Bedford next year!
    Sorry about the car

I'm sick of failing. A guy at my school failed for the 5th time last week, and is about to book his 6th.

ReputationRep:
    good luck Zack and awesomely psycho for your tests soon, hope you both do well!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Thanks It just sucks that it so happens to be before the last day. So I can't have a day of driving to school and going out for lunch. Just my luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the car

I'm sick of failing. A guy at my school failed for the 5th time last week, and is about to book his 6th.
    Yea that must be so annoying, the money it costs as well!

One at our school failed 3 times at my test centre, moved to another and passed first time at the new one!

(Original post by alexa123)
    good luck Zack and awesomely psycho for your tests soon, hope you both do well!
    xx
    Thanks Alexa . Hope your driving is going well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TI-84)
    had my first lesson since my test, i.e. my 20th driving lesson This takes up so much money :p:
    Did you take the practical test after 20 hours of lessons then? How many mistakes did you make in the test?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the average number of hours of lessons? I've had 14 hours of lessons (in 2 hour blocks) since the begginning of March (2 hours a week) and have done lots of practice with my mum too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mit321)
    Whats the average number of hours of lessons? I've had 14 hours of lessons (in 2 hour blocks) since the begginning of March (2 hours a week) and have done lots of practice with my mum too.
    I'm pretty sure it's 46 hours or something, but obviously private practice knocks that down a lot. IF (big if!) I pass next week it would actually be my 45th hour!

I suppose it's so high because of people that fail and continue having lots of lessons, it doesn't really mean they NEED 46 lessons, they just happened to have them while waiting for 2/3/4 etc tests

When are you planning on taking your test?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.