The Student Room Group

The Learner driver progression thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7220
No Clue ain't sat my theory yet but was maybe thinking of taking round the 24th hour of lessons?!? Or is that wayyy to early? But then again I do have AS Levels coming up so it may have to wait.
Good luck to those with tests coming up.

Ack, I am having a low point driving wise. Went out with my dad for the first time yesterday - I was absolutely terrible. Was so nervous and just drove terribly...had trouble with steering which I have never had before, stalled twice and struggled with the bite. Was talking about booking my test sometime in June the last time I was out with my instructor as I have been driving really confidently and now I just feel like that won't happen. I honestly just want to quit. :frown:
Reply 7222
Kirstin85
Good luck to those with tests coming up.

Ack, I am having a low point driving wise. Went out with my dad for the first time yesterday - I was absolutely terrible. Was so nervous and just drove terribly...had trouble with steering which I have never had before, stalled twice and struggled with the bite. Was talking about booking my test sometime in June the last time I was out with my instructor as I have been driving really confidently and now I just feel like that won't happen. I honestly just want to quit. :frown:

:frown: Aww, I know how bad it feels, just try and stick with it :smile:. When are you going out again? Hopefully you will get back to normal in that and see that today was just a one off :smile:. Maybe it was because it was the first time with your dad, so you were under more pressure to show him you know how to drive and that you are a good driver? Then when it went wrong you just tried even harder and so the pressure builds up that way?
Reply 7223
Swayum
Did you take the practical test after 20 hours of lessons then? How many mistakes did you make in the test?

yeah, well after 19 lessons.
Got 3 minors and a major. :frown:
Reply 7224
AwesomelyPsycho
zuher11, if anything your uncle would be impartial to seeing you as worse off than you are... that's the case with all family. So if he thinks you're good, then go for it! That's great.

Just stay positive and you'll do fine. If you convince yourself you're going to fail, before you even take the test, then you might. So just breathe, relax and do your best. You'll do great :smile:

Wow, my test came pretty quickly. It's next week. I still have't found my confidence after failing the last one, which isn't good. I've also developed an issue with overtaking cyclists. It popped out of nowhere and now I can't get back to how I was before :frown:

cheers me thinks im just gnna go into it with cautious optomism and let the chips fall whre they may

Good luck with urs btw....im starting to really brick it....ive got to the point where im counting hours (11hrs and 12 mins) :s-smilie:
zuher11
cheers me thinks im just gnna go into it with cautious optomism and let the chips fall whre they may

Good luck with urs btw....im starting to really brick it....ive got to the point where im counting hours (11hrs and 12 mins) :s-smilie:

Good luck! I'm rooting for you! :smile:
zuher11

Good luck for now :P

We need some tsr people to pass :smile:
Hi Everyone!

I decided to re-start my driving after a week or two break and managed to fail another mock test, but this time only with 3 majors and 2 minors :smile:
Two majors were for manouvers (RRC!) , the other for missing a sign saying i have right of way but overall not too bad!
Im still having problems with knowing exactly how far i am from parked cars etc and sometimes get too close, but overall my driving has come on alot.
My manouvers are all ok, im good at all except RRC which i cant get my head around and always end up either too far or hitting the curb! :o: I jope this gets sorted soon before test!

I had a word with him about the mock, and he said he does not expect me to pass rather to prove i can drive independantly and make the right decisions before putting in for the test, and i can now book real test as i am ready. :yep:
Zack
:frown: Aww, I know how bad it feels, just try and stick with it :smile:. When are you going out again? Hopefully you will get back to normal in that and see that today was just a one off :smile:. Maybe it was because it was the first time with your dad, so you were under more pressure to show him you know how to drive and that you are a good driver? Then when it went wrong you just tried even harder and so the pressure builds up that way?

Thanks Zack, you are there as always with the good advice! Yeah, I think that I was really nervous, just wanted to show my dad I could drive and I mucked it up. There is no point in me driving well when my instructor is there if I can't do it on my own, is there? Gahhh...I have a lesson tomorrow night so will see how that goes, I don't want to give up but feel so disheartened. I really want to drive and to get my mini.:o:
w00t! Driving lesson at 330 I can't wait! :biggrin:
Think i'm just doing/rounabouts/moving off-pulling up/ and junctions again.
Hopefully if I do alright this week my instructor might let me drive out to that town again where I messed up a few weeks back. Next week or week after. :biggrin:
Reply 7230
Driving lesson at 2.45 till 3.15 soon.. Just doing test routes to be honest.. :wink:
Reply 7231
pork products
Good luck for now :P

We need some tsr people to pass :smile:

WOOOO!!! :woo: LOL

Passed 1st time 4 minors!!

guess it doesnt matter how many hours u have just as long as ur ready and are optomistic!! thanks for the encoragement guys!
zuher11

guess it doesnt matter how many hours u have just as long as ur ready and are optomistic!! thanks for the encoragement guys!

Yay well done with 4 minors :biggrin:

Grr I hate waiting for cancellations
Zack

Ha! Are you actually having lessons, or did you just want to get your theory done before you start?

I'm looking to book my test now. My driving instructor asked me too book it the other month and I still hadn't done my theory, ha. So now I have I should be okay to book my test :woo:
Reply 7234
zuher11

Well done, that's great :smile:
Well done zuher11! Told you that you could :smile:
Reply 7236
zuher11

grats, just passed my test first time today as well, with four minors too! :cool:
zuher11

Woop woop!

Congrats!! :smile:
Test is a month today :woo: had a lesson this morning. Did an absolutley crap paralell park again :mad: didn't hit the kurb but was miles away from it, then tried again and got totally confused about which way I was stearing, I honestly felt like crying for a moment it's so frustrating!
Otherwise we did a lot of duel carriageway stuff, slip roads, feeder roads and so on that was all ok. It's wierd I used to pretty terrorifed on roads that were 50mph+ but today I was driving at 60-70 and just talking away to my instructor about uni :biggrin: at least that's something positive and I didn't **** up on a roundabout for once. If it wasn't for the stupid manouevre's I'd be fine :p:
Booked a two hour lesson for monday next week, expensive! I forgot to ask what we'd be doing, I assume we'll start learning the test routes. I can see two hours of driving being quite exhausting for some reason! Will give me an idea of what the test day is like though.
Kerny
grats, just passed my test first time today as well, with four minors too! :cool:

Nice! Good day for the tsr peeps today.

Ahhh dont people cancel their tests?! The waiting list is the middle of June and I have to pass before then or I am back home and the roads will all be weird.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending