Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Awwww!!! Good luck! I thought I would never pass within the 5 or so chances I would have had if I needed them. You never know what will happen on the day, look at me, I should have had RRC but they couldn't find anywhere () and my Bay Park was perfect for the first time ever, so you really never know, just try your best and you could come away with a pass certificate

Bedford. Yea thinking about it if I rent I'd rent right in the town centre too, so it wouldn't really be worth it as could use the train to go to MK and other places. It would be a few miles away from the campus, but I’d be studying round the corner. Or if I’m in halls I’d be on campus but a few miles away from where I’m being taught. So if anything I would maybe get a car if I get halls
    Thanks, yes your story does inspire me. I remember how much you hated RRC. I messed that up during my last lesson. As for bay park, I have literally only ever had 3 attempts at that so I'm more worried about that than RRC, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I passed my theory test a few weeks ago (48/50 in MCQ and 54/75 in the hazard perception). My driving has improved a lot recently which I'm pretty happy about. Haven't done much maneouvering, so gotta get cracking on that! But I'm going away on some holidays soon so meh.

ReputationRep:
    Second driving test tomorrow..
    Really not looking forward to paying out again. I really don't think i'm gonna pass, i turn into a giant jelly like nervous wreck, lol. Blah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace_xo)
    Really not looking forward to paying out again. I really don't think i'm gonna pass, i turn into a giant jelly like nervous wreck, lol. Blah.
    Good luck, darling

Have belief in yourself. If you keep thinking you won't pass that's exactly what will happen. That's why I failed my first test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undiscovered)
    Thanks, yes your story does inspire me. I remember how much you hated RRC. I messed that up during my last lesson. As for bay park, I have literally only ever had 3 attempts at that so I'm more worried about that than RRC, etc.
    Awww, hope it goes well

Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElegantElephant™)
    Good luck, darling

Have belief in yourself. If you keep thinking you won't pass that's exactly what will happen. That's why I failed my first test.
    Thank you!
    I'm trying not to think about it too much. Keeping myself occupied with joyous revision, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Awww, hope it goes well

Good luck for tomorrow
    Thanks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I've done 12 hours(?) I think now, and I've just started turn in the road. To be honest I think I'm quite bad, only just done right/left turns as well... I just wish I was better.

ReputationRep:
    Passed my theory test this morning, yay!

ReputationRep:
    Did hills and angles today. Drove on a 40 road too which was good :p:

Struggled at first on the hills, but got it at last.

Crossroads and emergency stops on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    OMG, can't believe this time tomorrow I should be near enough finishing my test or so

Sooooooo scared!!

We've not done an emergency stop yet...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirstin85)
    Well Done! :five: I've got mine on Thursday, wish me luck! :p:
    Kirsten, how did you revise for yours?

ReputationRep:
    Yay i passed. No more lessons.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Grace_xo :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javjamoll)
    When the examiner gives the signal: slam the brake on as hard as you can (you don't need to check mirrors as the examiner will have made sure it is safe before giving the signal)...if it's wet then obviously don't "stand" on the brake, if it's dry then put all your weight on it. At the last moment (as late as possible - if you do it too early then the braking will take longer) whack the clutch in to prevent stalling. Remember to do the full looking over shoulder bullcrap before you move off again (a lot of people fail on this because they are flustered from the stop and so forget).

Hope that helps

EDIT: You'll probably get to do a couple in the hour before your test (this is when I did them).

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutiek8i)
    Thanks, am dead chuffed! Good luck for yours!

I had the book with all the possible questions in it, I only read through it for a couple of hours in total, but I do think it was helpful....a lot of the questions are kind of common sense but there were definitley a few in the test that I would of gotten wrong, had I not read the book! I think it was worth doing, especially as the pass mark is pretty high! I also had a look at a hazard perception dvd that my friend gave me a loan of, only played it once though.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Grace_xo :woo:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yay i passed. No more lessons.
    Haha, that's one way to look at it! Well done though

Well done . How did you get on?

(Original post by Couldxbe)
    I've done 12 hours(?) I think now, and I've just started turn in the road. To be honest I think I'm quite bad, only just done right/left turns as well... I just wish I was better.
    Aww, I don't know what to say to that . I felt the same though, you will be good in other areas though, I'm sure you aren't as bad as you think you are . When is your next lesson?

(Original post by javjamoll)
    OMG, can't believe this time tomorrow I should be near enough finishing my test or so

Sooooooo scared!!

Good luck for tomorrow! Don't worry about the emergency stop, I only did it once and didn't have it in either test. If you do get it in the test, you don't have to look in your rear view mirror before braking as you normally would, but when you move away make sure you check blindspots on BOTH sides

Good luck for Thursday

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, am dead chuffed! Good luck for yours!

I had the book with all the possible questions in it, I only read through it for a couple of hours in total, but I do think it was helpful....a lot of the questions are kind of common sense but there were definitley a few in the test that I would of gotten wrong, had I not read the book! I think it was worth doing, especially as the pass mark is pretty high! I also had a look at a hazard perception dvd that my friend gave me a loan of, only played it once though.
    lol yeah i have that book too :five:
    My instructor gave me this DVD set which has like the setup of the actual exam, so i've been doing loads of mock theory tests, and it analyses your performance and tells you which sections you should be revising more, mucho helpful :p:

Thanks Zack, too :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Kirstin85!

Good luck Cutiek8i!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.