The Learner driver progression thread Watch

Becky_90
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I started out with 2hr lessons and thought they were fine. Being new to it all meant you were able to cover plenty of theory but also drive around for a fair amount of time.
Having said that when i went back to school after the summer i went to 1hr lessons, mainly because i had little time during the week due to school work etc etc.

Looking back i found the 2hr lessons rather draining after a while, at first i thought yeh fine..agreed with my instructor that its best and id get more done but now im not so sure. Im actually finding that im doing better in my 1hr lessons than my 2hr ones...guess its just different for different people though.
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Becky_90)
Looking back i found the 2hr lessons rather draining after a while, at first i thought yeh fine..agreed with my instructor that its best and id get more done but now im not so sure. Im actually finding that im doing better in my 1hr lessons than my 2hr ones...guess its just different for different people though.
I do agree with this - after a while, the 2hr lessons do start to drain you a bit, especially when you've driven around the city twice already and you still have 30mins to go lol! They are good to begin with, and certainly good I think if you don't have much free time except for like one afternoon a week, but otherwise I do agree with dropping the hours once you're reasonably comfortable with general driving
Cherry Kisses
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wouldnt it be good if you could do a 1 and a half hour lesson lol that way it would not be too long nor too short
sauce
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I have 1 and a half :proud:
my ADI is the bestest :^_^:
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm having an hour for now, but nxt term at the end of this block, I'll probably moved up to 2 hours, but hopefully I'll be nearly ready for my test then so it'll just be extra practice as I can't practice outside of my lesson! But it does depend on how much uni work I get and how stressed I am in the run up to my exams/end of term!

The instructors at my driving school do 90mins too!
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've always had the 2 hours - i find they are really helpful, lots of time to practise etc. Also if the safe place for you to drive initially is 10 minute drive away for instance, thats 20 mins out of your lesson where your not driving in the first few weeks. I find that having 2 hours when your approaching your test is good, since you can practice a couple of test routes per lesson.

What you can do is have the 2 hours, see how you feel about them, if they are too much put them down to 1.5 hours.
Impossible princess
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You should just offer to take his kid to football for him! Bit of extra excitement - having a kid in the back of your car whilst driving. I find it exciting enough to have my Mam in the back of my Dad's car (lol at how bad that sounds), never mind having a whiney kid!
Ooh, I've never had another passenger before, could be interesting, if only he wasn't taking him to wolverhampton for football! 7th lesson is prolly a bit early for the motorway haha
sauce
(Original post by Impossible princess)
Ooh, I've never had another passenger before, could be interesting, if only he wasn't taking him to wolverhampton for football! 7th lesson is prolly a bit early for the motorway haha
illegal too :teeth:
nnkuk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Right, totally bricking it, got my second test tomorrow, really should get my things ready for it. Hope I managed to pass it, through some miracle.
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Impossible princess)
Pah, just take the long way around
sauce
(Original post by nnkuk)
Right, totally bricking it, got my second test tomorrow, really should get my things ready for it. Hope I managed to pass it, through some miracle.
is your driving all geared(haha I kill myself :p:) up for the big day?:mute:
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
You don't need to kill yourself, I'll kill you for that excuse for a joke! :p:

PS. Good luck nnkuk - I'm sure you'll do fine
Pony Jack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
With puns like that I'm sure you kill a lot of people
Aaah theory test tomorrow
sauce
(Original post by Pony Jack)
With puns like that I'm sure you kill a lot of people
Aaah theory test tomorrow

are driving :proud:
with eyes closed :proud::proud:
Spoiler:
Show
I didn't even have the engine started :ninja: :blushing: back in them days stalling was a daily occurence and pleasure.

lol theory is easy you'lll be fine!
AND my jokes rule! :hmmm:
Pony Jack
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
What am I looking at? Whatever it is the pic's too small to see it...
sauce
(Original post by Pony Jack)
What am I looking at? Whatever it is the pic's too small to see it...
a car ;yes;
Pony Jack
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh, I thought you'd had some sort of prang..
I'm confused..why post that?:confused:
sauce
:dontknow: i felt like it
nnkuk
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Lilian, stop taking the pills and come down of the roof, we all love you and want you to come down safely.Just hand me the pills....

*random*
Pony Jack
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
thanks nnkuk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.9%
No (462)
73.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise