Turn on thread page Beta

The Learner driver progression thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Im starting my driving lessons tomorrow.

What should I expect guyz??

:confused: :redface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I really shouldn't find this comment from my driving instructor as funny as I do...

"That was very dangerous, what is it, drive to your death day or something?!"

I keep forgetting to look and stop at most T junctions :o: Killing your driving instructor/examiner = automatic fail, right :p:
    Depends whether he's given you a major or not :p:

And my instructor used to go mental at me for not slowing down enough too!

(Original post by openlad)

How long is it? I guess you don't have any experience, so maybe just paperwork, telling you what everything does (think they show you as well?) and moving off and stopping to get used to the clutch, things like that . Mine was a bit strange because I had learnt some privately so he just let me drive to assess me, but what I wrote above is what my mates have basically said they’ve had to do, they only had an hour though. Enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    2 hours..i can drive,m i do drive around the neighbourhod, but never on the carriageway or expressway..
    would i drive on the first day?

ReputationRep:
    i cant pass my stupid test i got one on friday, its my 4th one and its so frustrating, on my lessons and private practice i can drive absolutely fine, im even getting frustrated now because im absolutely ready to begin learning alone, and i just cant pass nerves get me every time and even though i was really close last time i was lucky to have a nice examiner who talked to me, all the others at my test center are awful and moody and it just contributes worse, i dont know what to do, iv read many threads saying keep calm etc. and i really do try, last time i was so relaxed but i was sooo unfortunate in that someone flashed me to do my manouver and then changed their mind when i was halfway through and sped past while i was checking the turn point im getting really upset now i feel really incompetent even though both my grandad and instructor are telling me im better than some others on the road and my instructor is refusing to book lessons saying im wasting my money, dont know what i can do sorry for rant, nerves again i guess

ReputationRep:

Oo snap! Mine's 11 til 1 tomorrow. Apparently I'm going to drive around my village til I get the hang of making the thing move and then drive into the local town and tackle some traffic. I'm trying not to get too nervous...but its not working very well!

ReputationRep:
    2 hours..i can drive,m i do drive around the neighbourhod, but never on the carriageway or expressway..
    would i drive on the first day?
    Oh right. If you can already drive then yea I guess you should do some limited driving tomorrow at least, what and how much would depend on how well you can drive now. Maybe only small circuits or something, to get you used to the new car

(Original post by Holli2011)
    i cant pass my stupid test i got one on friday, its my 4th one and its so frustrating, on my lessons and private practice i can drive absolutely fine, im even getting frustrated now because im absolutely ready to begin learning alone, and i just cant pass nerves get me every time and even though i was really close last time i was lucky to have a nice examiner who talked to me, all the others at my test center are awful and moody and it just contributes worse, i dont know what to do, iv read many threads saying keep calm etc. and i really do try, last time i was so relaxed but i was sooo unfortunate in that someone flashed me to do my manouver and then changed their mind when i was halfway through and sped past while i was checking the turn point im getting really upset now i feel really incompetent even though both my grandad and instructor are telling me im better than some others on the road and my instructor is refusing to book lessons saying im wasting my money, dont know what i can do sorry for rant, nerves again i guess
    That sounds really annoying . Good luck for Friday though, just try and keep calm . I know it's hard though

(Original post by Rosie18)
    Oo snap! Mine's 11 til 1 tomorrow. Apparently I'm going to drive around my village til I get the hang of making the thing move and then drive into the local town and tackle some traffic. I'm trying not to get too nervous...but its not working very well!
    Hope it goes well for you, you'll enjoy it once you get started

ReputationRep:
    This time tomorrow i'll either have passed or failed my theory test :eek3: :p:
    shall post and tell you what happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutiek8i)
    This time tomorrow i'll either have passed or failed my theory test :eek3: :p:
    shall post and tell you what happens...
    What time is it?

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, and it's at 12.15, but i heard that if you get there early they can let you do it straight away if it's quiet? also if you're about 2 minutes late you lose your spot and can't refund your money? :gasp: :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutiek8i)
    Thanks, and it's at 12.15, but i heard that if you get there early they can let you do it straight away if it's quiet? also if you're about 2 minutes late you lose your spot and can't refund your money? :gasp: :p:
    If there are enough spare computers you will be let in early yea. You probably won't lose your place if you are only a few minutes late, because of queues and stuff and I'm sure they can fit you in somewhere. It probably depends what mood the person is in..... Anyway you should aim to be there early (I think the official advice is 15mins early?) for check-in and stuff. So shouldn't really ever be any danger of you losing your place.... And if you don't take the test for whatever reason then no you won't get a refund (if you're ill you might be able to, but not if you are late/forget things)

Just make sure you take everything you need

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Hope it goes well for you, you'll enjoy it once you get started
    Thank you! 2 hours to go! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Got my theory today at 11.30

I'm so going to fail it, I just can't get the hazard perception. I keep noticing that the flags are coming up a good second a half after I click on my DVD so hopefully that'll save me in the real test later.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh suppose to have my lesson today, 2nd to last before my test on Thursday and it's just been cancelled. I even got up early to put my face on!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Sparkle*)
    Got my theory today at 11.30

I'm so going to fail it, I just can't get the hazard perception. I keep noticing that the flags are coming up a good second a half after I click on my DVD so hopefully that'll save me in the real test later.
    Good luck . I hated Hazard Perception too, failed twice for it and scraped the 3rd one, despite getting like all the questions right :banghead:

(Original post by k823127)
    Urgh suppose to have my lesson today, 2nd to last before my test on Thursday and it's just been cancelled. I even got up early to put my face on!!!
    Oh dear, that's so annoying! Good luck for your test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Good luck . I hated Hazard Perception too, failed twice for it and scraped the 3rd one, despite getting like all the questions right

It's so annoying I'm getting like 45+ on the theory and then 42 and 43 allll the time on the hazard oh well. Giving up now, gotta walk to the test centre (and find the paper counterpart of my licence).

ReputationRep:
    I've got my first lesson on Monday I'm slightly nervous but keep on picturing it going really well so hopefully it does

ReputationRep:
    Just had a lesson, crossroads and emergency stops. Still struggling a little with the clutch but I think that is due to the new trainers, they're a bit thick at the bottom. Back to pumps for driving :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just had my first lesson! It was surprisingly fun actually! I drove all the way through the town, including roundabouts(!) and went 60mph on the way back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosie18)
    Just had my first lesson! It was surprisingly fun actually! I drove all the way through the town, including roundabouts(!) and went 60mph on the way back.
    Haha cool . Glad it went well . When is your next lesson? Do you have any kind of target to pass by or are you just taking each lesson as it comes and not really worrying about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zack)
    Haha cool . Glad it went well . When is your next lesson? Do you have any kind of target to pass by or are you just taking each lesson as it comes and not really worrying about it?
    Thanks! I havent really thought about setting targets. Have you set yourself some? I was more concerned about what shoes to wear to be honest! lol. My next lesson is same time next week but it's 1 and half hours rather than 2 like today. Which is good cos my hands ache from gripping the wheel! :redface:

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.