The Learner driver progression thread Watch

strawberry_princess
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ive had 26 hours now, my test is next month. Had a crap lesson yesterday, had to stop on this really steep hill as there was parked cars down my side, and a bus was at the bus stop on the other side of the road and it was really narrow. I literally had to wait ages for all these old people to get on the bus, so loads of cars were lined up all behind me. Then when i tried to go i rolled back and stalled!! Then i panicked and tried to move quickly and stalled again!! I nearly rolled back into this woman and she beeped me. I was quite shaken up afterwards to be honest because I was seriously close!

Made me quite annoyed cos my test is in like 5 weeks and I'm worried im not gonna pass!!
AwesomelyPsycho
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by pork products)
:eek: That is shocking! Is there any other test centres in the area? My local test centre has a waiting list of about 3 weeks which i thought was annoying. Although the 4th is my b'day so it isnt all bad :p:

Well good luck with finding another date and passing this time I hardly use this forum anymore and only come here to see how you are doing
I have no idea. By choosing to look online at a different centre, I forfit my new test, and I'm only allowed to change it once, apparantly, as it was a held and then changed test. Annoying as I only have once chance and that's it! Grr.

Thanks I hardly come on here either now that everyone's passed and moved on
alexa123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AwesomelyPsycho)
I have no idea. By choosing to look online at a different centre, I forfit my new test, and I'm only allowed to change it once, apparantly, as it was a held and then changed test. Annoying as I only have once chance and that's it! Grr.

Thanks I hardly come on here either now that everyone's passed and moved on
I'm still following your driving progress like a little stalker Hope you manage to sort the test out and good luck as always xx
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Right, twiddling my thumbs waiting for a provisional to land on my doormat.

Due a bonus from work soon, so hope to book my first ever block of lessons. Excited.
xylophonefairy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I've got my test tomorrow. :eek:
Mango24
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by xylophonefairy)
Good luck! mines friday arghhhhh
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good Luck!
k823127
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck, i've got mine on Thursday! :woo: :eek3:
Sparxy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Mango24)
Good luck! mines friday arghhhhh
(Original post by k823127)
Good luck, i've got mine on Thursday! :woo: :eek3:
Good luck to the 3 of you! Hope you pass love(s).
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
Been away from this thread for a while...but thought I would re-visit...hope people are doing well...and passing exams...

Got my Pass Plus in 2 weekends time, looking forward to it though nervous at the same time...

(Original post by Rizzletastic)
Don't worry, mine felt like a normal drive. There is nothing to achieve really, just drive.
Finally had my Pass Plus over the course of the weekend, 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours yesterday.

Out of the 21 marks, surprisingly got 3 "Exceeded" marks, with the remaining being "Achieved", which I was happy about!

I deffo recommend it to anyone who has passed recently. Teaches new things but also refreshes things from initial driving lessons!

TI-84
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
got my test on the 16th.
Failed on the 27th Of March, Haven't had any lessons for a month due to university exams etc.
Will be getting 3 or 4 before the dreaded exam.
Better pass this time around :p:
xylophonefairy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

There were three first timers taking it at the same time and we all passed!

11 minors. 7 for not checking my mirrors frequently enough (haha), though I'm fairly sure I was, I think she was a bit of a stickler for mirrors or I wasn't being obvious enough.

Had a funny moment at some traffic lights, they went green but the car in front of me didn't move. We sat there for a little while and I was going "well move then" to them and my examiner was like "bip your horn at them?" and I said "should I?" and she said "yes". So I did. It was an amusing moment, the car went speeding off into the sunset at about a million miles an hour.
Puma
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

11 minors. 7 for not checking my mirrors frequently enough (haha), though I'm fairly sure I was, I think she was a bit of a stickler for mirrors or I wasn't being obvious enough.

Had a funny moment at some traffic lights, they went green but the car in front of me didn't move. We sat there for a little while and I was going "well move then" to them and my examiner was like "bip your horn at them?" and I said "should I?" and she said "yes". So I did. It was an amusing moment, the car went speeding off into the sunset at about a million miles an hour.
Well Done :party: :cheers:
Mango24
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

Well done!!! love it! :woo:
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

Well done!!
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

Congrats!!
Pepperoni
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
PASSED

Haha, well done on passing!

I've not been on this thread for a while so I thought I'd check up on everyone's progress and update. My third test is booked for the 24th at 9.37, so fingers crossed I won't make any more silly mistakes and finally lose the L plates.
Zack
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Pepperoni)
Haha, well done on passing!

I've not been on this thread for a while so I thought I'd check up on everyone's progress and update. My third test is booked for the 24th at 9.37, so fingers crossed I won't make any more silly mistakes and finally lose the L plates.
:O That's my uni visit day, and train should arrive at 9:37!! :eek: I'll think of you when I'm getting off the train haha!

Good luck though, I hope you pass!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
One lesson to go before test...and today I drove straight over a zebra crossing without even seeing it or the person waiting. Oops. Bay and parallel parking was much better today though. I strangely enjoy parallel but hate bay. Anyway, during my test I just feel like I'll miss a little sign somewhere or something really stupid like that and fail. I still absolutely hate the ridiculous roundabouts but there's not a lot I can do about that except take them really slowly methinks.

Congrats on all recent passes, it is very encouraging!
ssja
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
Finally had my Pass Plus over the course of the weekend, 3 hours on Saturday and 3 hours yesterday.

Out of the 21 marks, surprisingly got 3 "Exceeded" marks, with the remaining being "Achieved", which I was happy about!

I deffo recommend it to anyone who has passed recently. Teaches new things but also refreshes things from initial driving lessons!

Really??
I'm considering booking to do this,
i've started developing habits when i drive though, i.e one hand and scared of driving properly again haha.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (132)
18.38%
No (436)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (150)
20.89%

Watched Threads