The Learner driver progression thread Watch

turgon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Captain Biggles)
Hells yeah!! Passed my theory test earlier today - I say passed, I absolutely blitzed it!! 50/50 for MCQ and 65/75 for hazard perception. I'm so happy with that, plus the fact I had a pretty good lesson (at 9am with my test at 2!!). I highly recommend practising the entire theory test procedure using the Driving Test Success CD as it seriously has exactly the same questions as will come up on the real thing, and that goes for the hazard perception part of it as well!!

Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that performance during my practical exam - I've got the confidence to go for it now!! I think I'll go up to 2 lessons each week for 1hr at a time - 2hr lessons are a tad too intensive for newbies.
Congratulations I think I'm sorted with the multiple choice bit, just need to do some hazards perception practice...is the CD that comes with the BSM Theory book enough for this bit, cus theres only like 4 practices I think..
Alisa25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hells yeah!! Passed my theory test earlier today - I say passed, I absolutely blitzed it!! 50/50 for MCQ and 65/75 for hazard perception. I'm so happy with that, plus the fact I had a pretty good lesson (at 9am with my test at 2!!). I highly recommend practising the entire theory test procedure using the Driving Test Success CD as it seriously has exactly the same questions as will come up on the real thing, and that goes for the hazard perception part of it as well!!

Hopefully I'll be able to replicate that performance during my practical exam - I've got the confidence to go for it now!! I think I'll go up to 2 lessons each week for 1hr at a time - 2hr lessons are a tad too intensive for newbies.
WELL DONE!! :eek:
I keep getting like 4 or 5 questions wrong on MCQ which annoys me!! :mad: Going to be practising ALL day today for tomorrows test! *i've got the awesome CD as well!*

As for hazard perception..... I never know WHEN to click. What did you do? Do you get the most points if you click as early as possible?

Thanks. :redface:
CJN
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well got my theory today. In the MC without practice I used to get 43-45 or sometimes a fail by a point, but now I am always getting 48 and 49 all the time using questions on my "Theory Test: Make Your FIrst Time Your Last!" DVD which contains all the official questions and answers so I guess its the same as you.

hazard perception seems ok.
Alisa25
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CJN)
Well got my theory today. In the MC without practice I used to get 43-45 or sometimes a fail by a point, but now I am always getting 48 and 49 all the time using questions on my "Theory Test: Make Your FIrst Time Your Last!" DVD which contains all the official questions and answers so I guess its the same as you.

hazard perception seems ok.
Well GOOD LUCK for today!! :yes:

Oh and what an amazing and cheesy DVD name!!
CJN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks got it at three so should be ok done all the stuff.

Yeah the name is stupid, it also has a "Pass Guarentee" if i fail I get £50 worth of free software from the people who made the dvd.
Captain Biggles
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alisa25)
As for hazard perception..... I never know WHEN to click. What did you do? Do you get the most points if you click as early as possible?
It's hard to say what you should do. What I said to myself throughout the whole time was "What could make me change direction or speed??" and look out for the obvious ones like cars approaching junctions too fast or cyclists on the road. Country road clips are by far the easiest ones - every time you go round a blind bend (which is all the time!!) be prepared to click at least twice, but not in quick succession. I didn't get any country road clips unfortunately.
Alisa25
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It's hard to say what you should do. What I said to myself throughout the whole time was "What could make me change direction or speed??" and look out for the obvious ones like cars approaching junctions too fast or cyclists on the road. Country road clips are by far the easiest ones - every time you go round a blind bend (which is all the time!!) be prepared to click at least twice, but not in quick succession. I didn't get any country road clips unfortunately.
Yeah. I got 52 out of 75 in my latest practice one. Not bad. I was just clicking as early as possible.

Oh god I hope i get country roads or some cyclist trying to kill himself or smthng...
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well guys, i've got my second test booked in! :yes: I phoned BSM yesterday, and they've booked me in for 24th September at 12.43.
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Started off my lesson today thinking that I'm not getting anywhere with these lessons, but feeling a bit mroe confident now. Just can't wait until I'm insured so I can get lots of private practice before my test!
turgon
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alisa25)
My intructor says its ok if you click every time you see a potential hazard, or a hazard developing. You only get penilised for repetitive clicking if you go crazy on the mouse - so its better to click when in doubt I guess.
lilangel890
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
Well guys, i've got my second test booked in! :yes: I phoned BSM yesterday, and they've booked me in for 24th September at 12.43.
Waay good luck

Woop my instructor can do double lesson tomorrow. I think I've forgotten how to drive And new car n all....I do hope it's still a diesel!
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lilangel890)
Waay good luck

Woop my instructor can do double lesson tomorrow. I think I've forgotten how to drive And new car n all....I do hope it's still a diesel!
Thanks!

I love learning in a diesel car! It let's you know when you've stalled it, haha!
lilangel890
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
Thanks!

I love learning in a diesel car! It let's you know when you've stalled it, haha!
It does indeed! Hehe that's the only disadvantage, I think. You can near enough stop in a petrol car in 2nd gear and still push off with no stalling (or even juddering normally) on a diesel however...! I really like it for manoeuvers so I can have my foot over the brake, not on the gas!
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lilangel890)
It does indeed! Hehe that's the only disadvantage, I think. You can near enough stop in a petrol car in 2nd gear and still push off with no stalling (or even juddering normally) on a diesel however...! I really like it for manoeuvers so I can have my foot over the brake, not on the gas!
Speaking of manouevres, i hate the RRC manouevre with an absolute passion! :rolleyes: Had my first lesson with my instructor since i failed my test yesterday!

We went to a corner somewhere, and i couldn't for the life of me get it to go round the corner. We spent like 20 mins going forwards and backwards on this corner, because i kept ending up on the pavement! :o:

I'm sure i pissed my instructor off with the amount of mistakes i made yesterday! Honestly, it was awful! :rolleyes:
Alisa25
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got 50/50 and 67/75 on my Theory Test today!! YAYAY!!!

Now back to battling the clutch...
CJN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I passed my theory with 48 in MC and 58 in HP
girlodnyu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
2 quick questions
1) my instructor says im getting things quite quickly but I don't feel as confident I don't want to get over confident so how should i approach future lessons
2) going on a main road tomorrow ADVICE PLEASE before I run away!
purple-girl
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Wahh, ok, I just had a lesson and now my confidence has been really knocked...it's about 4 weeks till my test, and I'm starting to worry now that there's no way I can pass, cos I keep making too many errors, argh. And I really don't wanna fail, as it costs so much and I only have one other possible chance before going off to uni, heh.
CJN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by girlodnyu)
2 quick questions
1) my instructor says im getting things quite quickly but I don't feel as confident I don't want to get over confident so how should i approach future lessons
2) going on a main road tomorrow ADVICE PLEASE before I run away!
1) Tell him that

2) You mean a main road between villages or what? Simple just drive like normal if your doing 50-60 5th if best but change down for tight corners beforehand and don't go too slow or people will fly past you - watch out for people overtaking.
Ducklighter
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Driving is going down to pots really. I'm not at all a confident driver. I get worried that when I press the accellerator that it'll zoom off quickly [like in cartoons] and I won't be able to control it.

It was going well etc but recently i've made so many mistake it's untrue!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads