Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alisa25)
    Yeah. I tried it this morning and BINGO!! Havent stalled once!!

The problem i have now is just making it smooth and going a bit faster. Im quite slow on roundabouts and people overtake me all the time...
    Oh and i jerk a little bit as well. Other than that - awesome lesson! :yes:
    Fantastic, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upturnedpalms)
    Fantastic, well done!
    Ohh Thanks!!

Well done you too!!!

'NO STALLING' high five! :five:

*tomorrow will prob go downhill again... just for the sake of it..* :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    Haha! Sounds like a typical roundabout on my lesson! :p:
    Tell me about it!! :o:

Ugghhh.. Today though i wasnt as bad as normally and didnt stall but i was either going too slowly and people kept overtaking me or i was going too fast , letting go of the clutch quickly with lots of gas (not enough for stalling though thank god!) and hence losing a bit of control and nearly driving into the actual roundabout bit.... :rolleyes:

Seriously... what am i like... !:woo:

ReputationRep:
    My last lesson went really well! It was extra long because he'd been late the lesson before, and in two and a half hours I didn't stall once! First time ever! I did a dual carriageway, on one of the main A-Roads going towards London and perfected my first maneouver. The only problem is that I'm a bit slow at turning the wheel for it.

Got a lesson in about twenty minutes, and another tomorrow! I'm a little anxious about todays lesson though as I have had a really bad stomach ache since yesterday and for two hours, I think it might be a little difficult to cope with. But we'll see how it goes (: Shouldn't be too bad.

Started doing some theory practice yesterday, and it's safe to say I suck at it xD Think I'm going to have to give that a real go before my test!

Lets hope todays lesson goes as well as Sunday's did (: Even with the stomach ache!

ReputationRep:
    Well i got a new BSM Track Record last Thursday, from my instructor. I can't find the one i had before my test and it was full anyway. :p: So far the notes from my instructor in this one are:

Thursday 23rd July

Changing gear: timing
    Steering: drains :rofl2:
    Roundabouts: traffic :rofl2:

The timing of gears was because i was either changing them too early or too late, can't remember which.

The drains in the steering bit is because i kept managing to drive over them!

The traffic in the roundabouts bit is because the traffic seriously confused me at aload of them. I was sat looking at my right because i knew i had to give way to them, but apparently there were loads of times where i could've gone but didn't and that's because i'm not looking everywhere else, only to my right!

ReputationRep:
    Heaven's have opened here in Warrington now! The rain is literally bouncing off the rooftops! Really hope it's not raining like this for my lesson tomorrow, i hate light rain so this rain would be a git! :o:

ReputationRep:
    I think I spoke too soon. I had the worst lesson I've ever had!
    I stalled at the top of my road and I think that threw me off for the rest of the lesson.
    My instructor seemed to just be picking up on any little thing I did wrong, and kept telling me how I was driving really badly and didn't praise anything I did, which didn't help. He kept saying it was like I'd never even had a lesson before - and I know I wasn't THAT bad!
    But after he'd kept on at me, my positioning was thrown and I kept going to the clutch before the brake and he kept telling me that I was doing really badly.

Safe to say, I cried when I got home xD

Not looking forward to having a lesson tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beffnee)
    I think I spoke too soon. I had the worst lesson I've ever had!
    I stalled at the top of my road and I think that threw me off for the rest of the lesson.
    My instructor seemed to just be picking up on any little thing I did wrong, and kept telling me how I was driving really badly and didn't praise anything I did, which didn't help. He kept saying it was like I'd never even had a lesson before - and I know I wasn't THAT bad!
    But after he'd kept on at me, my positioning was thrown and I kept going to the clutch before the brake and he kept telling me that I was doing really badly.

Safe to say, I cried when I got home xD

Not looking forward to having a lesson tomorrow
    *hugs* I know what you mean, and it does get you down when you make one mistake and then everything starts going wrong. But try and forget about it, and start fresh tomorrow.

My lesson last Thursday was really bad because it was my first one with my BSM instructor since i'd failed.
    As i result i nearly hit the kerb just driving down a straight piece of road. I hesitated loads at junctions and roundabouts. My positioning was bad too - driving over drains. I put it into 3rd at a roundabout by accident instead of 1st. I couldn't get the car to reverse around a corner. Also managed to drive straight across a roundabout, infront of someone, due to fiddling with the windscreen wipers! :p: :o:

But yeah, i've had plenty like that, and it's just best to forget about them!

I have another lesson tomorrow afternoon, and am just going to forget about everything from last lesson! *Prays it doesn't rain tho*

ReputationRep:
    My test is tommorow:woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockyone2)
    My test is tommorow:woo: :woo: :woo:
    Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    Good luck.
    Thanks man, ill need it lol

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone! I've been following this thread and others in Motoring since I started learning (March) and I passed first time today- 3 minors!
    Don't worry yourself too much, I read the "I failed my test" thread on here and it got me so worried about how the test was going to be impossible, its really not too bad ( I say too bad- Your still bricking it when your there) but have perceiverance and you'll get there!

ReputationRep:
    Would people in here recommend some 2 hour lessons in the run-up to the test?

I've got my 2nd test on 24th September.

I used to do 2 hour lessons when i started with BSM in November, but then had to cut-back to 1 hour a week due to the fact that it wasn't me paying for them and it was coming out of my mum and dad's pocket every week!

Now though i have a job with okish hours, signing on to build the money up til i can get a full time job. So i am at least getting some income, from work and the job centre.

I was thinking about doing some 1 hour lessons and some 2 hour lessons in the run-up to the test, providing what i reckon i'm due to get paid on Friday is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Argh, I can't get a test, this is so annoying. I want to do it before I go to uni, but there was nothing available so I just booked for Oct 6th so that it was on the calendar - of course, I won't be here. But there are no cancellationsssss, urgh.

I had a catch up lesson again today, being ill really was a step back in my driving and I had to go through some stuff I'd done almost perfectly 2 weeks ago Hopefully next week I can start to move forward again and get some confidence back too

ReputationRep:
    What's the heaviest rain an instructor would take you out in? Lashing down here at the moment and i have my lesson in 12 hours!

ReputationRep:
    ^I had some heavy rain during my lesson, luckily it disappeared as time went on but worth driving in those situations, it helped.

I had a mock test which my driving instructor said he felt I'd passed, but its tough to see how much you can take from a mock test, because something that he thinks was OK might be wrong in the eyes of a 40 year old plus driving examiner but a good 2 hour lesson.

Im hopefully going to book my test soon for the end of August as I need to pass as my theory runs out on the 4th of Sept. Ive got a feeling thats going to be a dark cloud over my head during my test, extra pressure but hopefully I pass.

Any tips or advice in being more concentrated whilst driving, I feel I drive okay but sometimes I go into my own world and my focus drops, hence not reacting situations abit more quickly? And also does anyone else have problems with busy crossroads and junctions and being unsure where the road carries on?

ReputationRep:
    Got my first test on Friday, wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    ^I had some heavy rain during my lesson, luckily it disappeared as time went on but worth driving in those situations, it helped.

I had a mock test which my driving instructor said he felt I'd passed, but its tough to see how much you can take from a mock test, because something that he thinks was OK might be wrong in the eyes of a 40 year old plus driving examiner but a good 2 hour lesson.

Im hopefully going to book my test soon for the end of August as I need to pass as my theory runs out on the 4th of Sept. Ive got a feeling thats going to be a dark cloud over my head during my test, extra pressure but hopefully I pass.

Any tips or advice in being more concentrated whilst driving, I feel I drive okay but sometimes I go into my own world and my focus drops, hence not reacting situations abit more quickly? And also does anyone else have problems with busy crossroads and junctions and being unsure where the road carries on?
    Yeah, sort of similar problem as my theory runs out in February and at the moment it looks like I'm not going to be able to get a test before Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Argh had my first lesson today in about four weeks, and man was I rusty. I kept stalling, forgetting to move up in the gears as I picked up speed. First twenty minutes was really, really awful. And then the more mistakes I made, the more my confidence got knocked, and the worse I did! Thankfully we stopped and did some RRC's, bay parks etc, and after that everything just seemed to snap back into place. Drive home was much better!
    I'm on about my twelth hour now. Hoping I just need to polish up manoeuvres and ensure I don't have any moments like this morning, and I should be able to take the test.

Thing that frustrates me most is I don't have a car to practise in independently, and my mother won't let me near her car :tongue: I feel like it's really holding me back!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.