The Learner driver progression thread Watch

coolguy456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh...I have four hours of driving tomorrow....wish me luck....or more like other road users luck, my instructor has a new car, I hope I can drive it lol!
PringlePops
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
I wasn't a big fan of my instructor to begin with, and I think I would still prefer someone a bit more, hmmm, let's say "mature" and "composed" but the guy I have is still a laugh a minute and has taught me well (I think) and so I think I'd stick with him now.

I'm having a mock test tomorrow, eek!
I've got a slightly older guy (early 50's-ish) who is very nice. The strange thing is I'd have trouble picking him out from a crowd because I don't look at him much, but I could pick his voice out, heehee.

Good luck with the mock test
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Had my 10th lesson today and ARGH! It was another awful one!

It was an early 9.30am start, coupled with the fact that I had a late night so was sleep deprived when I was driving. I wasnt concentrating at all, hence why I made so many errors. Pedal control wasnt great, stalled it about twice. Maybe it was a while that I had my last lesson that I hadnt freshened things up in my mind.

Did 3, 3 point turns. Twice they were good, last time I hit the kerb. On the tight roads, I nearly hit into a wooden post as I over steered.

So not happy, my instructor says that everything will click into place but its hard to believe that at the moment. I tend to panic when doing more than 1 thing at once, seems to be when entering junctions and having to from 4 to second for example.

Pfft, not feeling confident at all ATM.

:-(
sauce
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
it will come i swear I felt excactly the same as you!
coolguy456
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Had 3 hours now, 1 hour left! MY instructors new car is wiked! so nice and zippy I dnt realise I keep going over the limit, it is just so smooth you don't notice it! ant the Steering is so precise, or maybe its just my driving lol
dobbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*sigh*

Had a mock test today, got a few minors for stupid things like taking too long to get speed up on a dual carriageway (oopsie!) and having some stupid gear problems, sigh.

But then went and did my reverse park, on a road I've never been on before. Insane camber. Hit the curb. Bugger.

However, it wasn't all that bad. I just need to keep more control and not panic too much. Afterwards we drove back to where I'd done the reverse park and tried it again, still not perfect but would have been a pass. Better than nothing :rolleyes:

5 more hours of lessons before my test. Eep!
sauce
(Original post by dobbs)
*sigh*

Had a mock test today, got a few minors for stupid things like taking too long to get speed up on a dual carriageway (oopsie!) and having some stupid gear problems, sigh.

But then went and did my reverse park, on a road I've never been on before. Insane camber. Hit the curb. Bugger.

However, it wasn't all that bad. I just need to keep more control and not panic too much. Afterwards we drove back to where I'd done the reverse park and tried it again, still not perfect but would have been a pass. Better than nothing :rolleyes:

5 more hours of lessons before my test. Eep!
did you get any majors?
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
did you get any majors?

.....I hit the curb during my reverse park = major :p:

..at least, that's what my instructor told me? I think it's a stupid rule to be honest, big deal if you hit the curb! :rolleyes:

But other than that one, I got about 5 or 6 minors. A couple were stupid ones which as soon as I'd done them I actually chuckled to myself due to how stupid it was that I'd done that lol
sauce
(Original post by dobbs)
.....I hit the curb during my reverse park = major :p:

..at least, that's what my instructor told me? I think it's a stupid rule to be honest, big deal if you hit the curb! :rolleyes:

But other than that one, I got about 5 or 6 minors. A couple were stupid ones which as soon as I'd done them I actually chuckled to myself due to how stupid it was that I'd done that lol
oh sorry to sound stupid lol! I thought sometimes it wasn't depending on the examiner and how fast/hard you hit it. For example mounting it or just literally making contact with it.

1 major and 6 minors is ****ing good though and the major for something like that. I'm no examiner/ADI but I'm pretty sure you'll pass keeping in mind other things :ninja:.
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
oh sorry to sound stupid lol! I thought sometimes it wasn't depending on the examiner and how fast/hard you hit it. For example mounting it or just literally making contact with it.

1 major and 6 minors is ****ing good though and the major for something like that. I'm no examiner/ADI but I'm pretty sure you'll pass keeping in mind other things :ninja:.
Right well if I don't pass now then you're going to get the blame! :p:

And yeah I guess it does depend on the examiner, like if the whole thing was perfect and then you just touched the curb a teeeeeny bit you might be OK. But I would admit it was a decent bump hehe - not one of those "Was that the curb or was that me braking quite hard?" ones, but rather one of those "Oh bugger, I wasn't even touching the brake!" lol :rolleyes:

I used to love the parallel park, I hate it now!! :mad:
sauce
(Original post by dobbs)
Right well if I don't pass now then you're going to get the blame! :p:

And yeah I guess it does depend on the examiner, like if the whole thing was perfect and then you just touched the curb a teeeeeny bit you might be OK. But I would admit it was a decent bump hehe - not one of those "Was that the curb or was that me braking quite hard?" ones, but rather one of those "Oh bugger, I wasn't even touching the brake!" lol :rolleyes:

I used to love the parallel park, I hate it now!! :mad:
awww dont worry its just on silly little thing it's nerves!
Believe in yourself!!!!
sauce
I however still hold the belief regardless of examiner if you're ready you'll pass ;yes; quotas and all that ****e are poo
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
I however still hold the belief regardless of examiner if you're ready you'll pass ;yes; quotas and all that ****e are poo
Well as I say, I have two 2hr lessons next week (Tues, Fri) then a 1hr lesson before my test on Tuesday just to smooth things out. I'm confident and feel that I'm ready, it's seriously just if I panic - my instructor said it looked like I was about to burst an artery in my neck whilst we were driving along lol :laugh:

Oh yeah, on the major plus side, I didn't stall at all today. Woop woop!
sauce
(Original post by dobbs)
Well as I say, I have two 2hr lessons next week (Tues, Fri) then a 1hr lesson before my test on Tuesday just to smooth things out. I'm confident and feel that I'm ready, it's seriously just if I panic - my instructor said it looked like I was about to burst an artery in my neck whilst we were driving along lol :laugh:

Oh yeah, on the major plus side, I didn't stall at all today. Woop woop!
:rofl:

Well done on the stalling :proud: ;smartass;
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I drove from Edinburgh to England in my lesson today!

Lots of dual carriageway practise it was fun!!!!
sauce
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
I drove from Edinburgh to England in my lesson today!

Lots of dual carriageway practise it was fun!!!!
wow! how long was that lesson

my mums friend's bf did a u turn on a motorway today.
Idiot.
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yesterday Ian was comparing me to a racing driver...I kept over-revving every time I started to move off or anything..'Out come the red flags!'
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
Idiot.
:rofl: HAHAHAHA actually how stupid can you be?! Was there not a central reservation separating the two sides??? :confused:
sauce
(Original post by dobbs)
:rofl: HAHAHAHA actually how stupid can you be?! Was there not a central reservation separating the two sides??? :confused:
he used the central reservation :rolleyes: in a freaking company LORRY! he missed the turning saw a sign saying 47 miles or something to next turning so he did that....how bad can it be?
Sephrenia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ♥♥♥)
wow! how long was that lesson

Idiot.
Bloody hell the idiot :rofl:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (148)
27.82%
No (384)
72.18%

Watched Threads