The Learner driver progression thread Watch

Scott_Maslen_Fan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well i've got 3 lessons left before my test. Infact, 4 if you count the hour before the test.

Next week i've got 2 hours on Wednesday (1-3), and 2 hours on Thursday (12-2).
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
Well i've got 3 lessons left before my test. Infact, 4 if you count the hour before the test.

Next week i've got 2 hours on Wednesday (1-3), and 2 hours on Thursday (12-2).
I've got another 4/5 hours of lessons until mine...I'm really starting to doubt myself now argh hope I pull it together before my test
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maxxie)
I've got another 4/5 hours of lessons until mine...I'm really starting to doubt myself now argh hope I pull it together before my test
I've got 7 hours in total, cos got 3 two hour lessons. And the hour before the test.

I'm sure you'll be fine matey. Just try not to think of it as a test - pretend that you're in a lesson and it's your instructor sat next to you.
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
Not panic, so what if you can't find a gap, you're learning, these things come with time! And if it's not safe to go and you don't feel confident to go, you just don't go. Listen to your instructor, if he thinks you can go and you've wasted many perfectly good chances to go, he'll tell you!

But you must not panic and rush, if you do, you can stall, cut someone up etc and that will make you lose confidence!

I myself only got properly confident in these situations when I passed my test and made the decisions myself

Hope I helped!
I agree with this entirely! Hesitancy is one of my main problems at roundabouts! The last two lessons i've had - my instructor has written hesitancy in the roundabouts section.

We'll be sat at a roundabout, and i'll be struggling to find a safe gap. By the time one comes i've missed it. Instructor has pointed out loadsa times at roundabouts the last few lessons when i've hesitated and could've gone.

Don't rush is the main thing tho! I've tried to rush at least twice, and ended up stalling actually on the roundabout! :yep: The embarassment then...
nikz05
Badges: 6
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
I agree with this entirely! Hesitancy is one of my main problems at roundabouts! The last two lessons i've had - my instructor has written hesitancy in the roundabouts section.

We'll be sat at a roundabout, and i'll be struggling to find a safe gap. By the time one comes i've missed it. Instructor has pointed out loadsa times at roundabouts the last few lessons when i've hesitated and could've gone.

Don't rush is the main thing tho! I've tried to rush at least twice, and ended up stalling actually on the roundabout! :yep: The embarassment then...
Sounds like me lol, dread roundabouts, especially when you coming into one from a bend they are awful! Got myself in a couple of hours I know he'll take me to various roundabouts, slowly getting there.
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I go on this roundabout nearly every lesson which has zebra crossings on all the entrances/exits and also cycle lanes from either side (which are slightly further down after the zebra crossings) lol. It's horrible cos I always end up not seeing someone.
Enchanté
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lesson in 20 mins. :excited: First one in weeks.:p:
Enchanté
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Lesson went rather well today. First time in 4 weeks, I was quite nervous and thought I would have forgot to do most things but everything was fine. I did stall a couple of times though. =\

I was told to be a bit more observant though, my instructor in my lesson asked me to find a suitiable spot to pull over on the side of the road, and he kept telling me to go forward a bit and I had no idea why.:p: He asked and I was I dunno. Then he pointed to a road on my right which I didn't notice, and would have obviousl have been in the way there haha for peeps coming out of that junction.
Jordan_U
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
erm... my theory CD has updated itself and now it says the theory is 100 questions, is this true because I've got my theory soon, and it deleted my progress
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Tomorrow will be my first driving lesson back with my instructor since failing my first test on the 9th.

9 days left until my second test. :eek4:
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm guessing asking my instructor to let me practice hill starts would be useful for setting off at traffic lights on hills? Am i correct?

Was at a set of traffic lights on Thursday's lesson, which were on a really steep hill! I panicked - don't like hills at all. I stalled the car - then cos i was dead slow moving off again, the traffics lights changed to red on me! :o:
Atrixa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jordan_U)
erm... my theory CD has updated itself and now it says the theory is 100 questions, is this true because I've got my theory soon, and it deleted my progress
The only changes I've heard of is including case study questions at the end of september.
win2kpro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Im new to this society, but had my test friday... got 3 minors and 1 serious so I failed... the serious was for parallel parking which pisses me off because I tought I parked it perfectly but no.. apparently I parked it too close to the car I parallel parked to...

Ah well.. rebooked for the 24th of september wasting another 100 pound on this driving license now..
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Something momentous has happened today:

My instructor signed off the "Independent" boxes in the Junctions and Roundabouts(!) sections of my driving record thingy

I dunno what the hell's happened over the past week or so but I just started to pwn roundabouts, it's been amazing. *wipes tear*
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Something momentous has happened today:

My instructor signed off the "Independent" boxes in the Junctions and Roundabouts(!) sections of my driving record thingy

I dunno what the hell's happened over the past week or so but I just started to pwn roundabouts, it's been amazing. *wipes tear*
:woo: Congratulations!

I reaaaally hope the same thing happens to me. Like, soon. Else I'm screwed.
Cyth
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Woop, passed my Theory - 50, 63
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Cyth)
Woop, passed my Theory - 50, 63
You beat me >:| Nah, well done feels good to get it out the way, doesn't it?

(Original post by upturnedpalms)
:woo: Congratulations!

I reaaaally hope the same thing happens to me. Like, soon. Else I'm screwed.
Ta. It was weird...one lesson I was rubbish at them, next lesson I could do them really well. Was confusing, but I'm not complaining

Now watch me crash into a roundabout.
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I had my first ever driving lesson today I now know why everyone is always so eager to start driving!

I did moving off, stopping, changing gear and some hill starts, and I very nearly mowed down a chav who decided it would be fun to bike out infront of me at the last minute :rolleyes: exciting stuff :p:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)

Ta. It was weird...one lesson I was rubbish at them, next lesson I could do them really well. Was confusing, but I'm not complaining

Now watch me crash into a roundabout.
:p: That actually made me laugh out loud.

I'm okay on roundabouts except that I never know when to get on the damn things! When I'm on them I'm fine... I just never know when to take the gap.
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
:p: That actually made me laugh out loud.
It's a service I provide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (134)
27.29%
No (357)
72.71%

Watched Threads