Mine tomorrow too! And 9mm. Wow, big day tomorrow guys :woo:
That's pretty early! I've got mine at 2:42pm. Good luck hun! :hugs:
9mm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
haha yeah me to, I've got my test at Ashford 13:35

WHAT A BOOST OF CONFIDENCE, instructor says 50/50 chance of pass haha, hopefully that guy they call luck will be on my side and I do well. He said my main problem is that I tend to drift a bit to the right side of my lane when I'm going fast, so if I watch that, avoid collisions, and do well in my manoeuvres then I have a good chance.

Good luck to everyone doing their test btw, seems to be a popular day :p:
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You know what guys? Tomorrow will be a GOOD DAY. Let's go for a clean sweep of passes!
Atrixa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Good luck everyone! Got my 16th two hour lesson or something like that in five mins
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
FAILLL.

Everything was perfect except I screwed up my parallel park. Which is insanely annoying, because usually I am brilliant at PP. Sorry, I know that sounds like bragging, but it's my best one - the problem was, that once I'd scrwed it up, I didn't know how to fix it because I'd never made any mistakes with it before.
Atrixa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by upturnedpalms)
FAILLL.

Everything was perfect except I screwed up my parallel park. Which is insanely annoying, because usually I am brilliant at PP. Sorry, I know that sounds like bragging, but it's my best one - the problem was, that once I'd scrwed it up, I didn't know how to fix it because I'd never made any mistakes with it before.
Ouch! Really sorry to hear that, but look at it this way, next time you should be able to pass with zero problems!

My lesson today went pretty well, apart from the odd hiccup (like almost driving into a truck) and my all-round driving skill are looking great. Did a good turn in the road as well. Also didemergency stops, or controlled stops as they seem to be called now, which was really easy. Going to try a bay park next lesson.
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I PASSED..........and it couldn't have been a better timing since I move to uni in 2 days and was worried I'd have to take another test at a really inconvenient time if I failed. Was so nervous though but was fortunate to get a really nice examiner (reminded me so much of my old maths teacher haha).

Sorry to hear that upturnedpalms, was it because of nerves/cars waiting? :P
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I passed today! I had the same examiner this time round too! 14 minors though lol... :shh:
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by i'm no superman)
I passed today! I had the same examiner this time round too! 14 minors though lol... :shh:
Lol a pass is a pass :p: What test centre btw?

Question (to anyone) say you're on a country lane with the national speed limit and you come across a double bend, what gear would it be best to be in? Third?
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Maxxie)
Lol a pass is a pass :p: What test centre btw?

Question (to anyone) say you're on a country lane with the national speed limit and you come across a double bend, what gear would it be best to be in? Third?
I did at Watford. It's not the greatest route tbh.

Oh and I'd be in third gear for that.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
I PASSED..........and it couldn't have been a better timing since I move to uni in 2 days and was worried I'd have to take another test at a really inconvenient time if I failed. Was so nervous though but was fortunate to get a really nice examiner (reminded me so much of my old maths teacher haha).

Sorry to hear that upturnedpalms, was it because of nerves/cars waiting? :P
Congratulations :woo:

No, I just misjudged it and hit the curb - didn't mount it, but did hit it. Then I couldn't correct it, because I've never done it wrong before and I didn't know what to do!
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

No, I just misjudged it and hit the curb - didn't mount it, but did hit it. Then I couldn't correct it, because I've never done it wrong before and I didn't know what to do!
thanks. :p: oh right, yeah that's really tricky, only thing you can really do is move back out a tiny bit and then reverse back in again. Well hope it goes better next time... I'm sure by next time you'll know your manoeuvres so well you can do them blindfolded. :p:
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
HOW AWFUL

Just came back from a mock test, and I stalled 3 times in the space of 5 minutes. Along with that I also got a serious for crossing traffic. I saw people crossing at a zebra crossing and thought it was safe to go

8 minors, 1 serious. Test in 2 days :woo:
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well, my lesson today has sort of knocked my confidence for my 2nd test on Monday. In terms of manoeuvres more than anything...my RRC is VERY tempremental, and I'm out of practice with the others which meant I messed up PP today when normally I have no problems with it and did it perfectly on my last test (though I think I might've touched the kerb). Actual driving should be ok, depending on what happens...though I've lapsed back into my hesitant ways somewhat. Ah well, as long as there aren't too many roadworks and no slow cars I should overtake I'll hopefully be fine . I hope I get the same examiner as last time, she was lovely, and didn't seem to mark that strictly.

Oh, and congrats im no superman , and commiserations upturnedpalms, better luck next time!
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Silly that, I did that on my test, reversing round a corner, clipped a curb, didn't mount it, but the examiner was pretty good, and just said you haven't failed but I need to see you correct it, which I did, and passed!!!

Oh well, good luck next time, believe me, it's worth all the time and effort!
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got my second test tomorrow, and i am not confident at all!

Just got back from a lesson now.

My instructor took me on loads of roundabouts - it was roundabout mania, as i hate them!
Take me on the big ones tomorrow, and my brain is just gonna go to pot! We went on this massive one today with quite a few lanes. I was meant to be going straight ahead, so got on the roundabout and was like "right exit 1" I must have missed exit number 1, that exit i thought was actually exit number 2! So i completely missed my exit, and then came off at the 3rd exit - having gone round the whole roundabout in the left lane. :eek3: Woops!

Oh, then i gave way to some car. But apparently i should have gone instead as i was blocking the road. Clearly not, cos the guy on the other side got through with no probs. Oh well, i woulda got done for hesitation there anyway!

Then i did a parallel park. I managed to get in fine, but was quite a bit away from the kerb - not that far away that i was blocking the road tho, cos a bus got through alright! So instructor said if that happens on my test and i find myself quite a bit from the kerb, but not that far that am blocking the road, then just finish the manouevre then. Don't do what i did a few weeks ago - decide i was too far from the kerb and reverse back trying to correct it - cos yes, i was close to the kerb then but then i was more than a car length away! :eek3:
C274
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I half-stalled 3 times...I mean, I thought I'd stalled but the engine decided to be kind to me at the last minute and stayed running.
Instructor stalled me when he used the duals to stop me going onto a roundabout in front of another car. Love affair with roundabouts is ending.
Drove over the pavement when I thought it was the road! I was in an area completely unknown to me with weird traffic calming and the only way I can explain it is by way of a diagram:

Black arrow is where I meant to go, red arrow is where I did go :o: I know I didn't drive all the way to the give way line, but in that diagram I'm just estimating where it was as it was completely worn away. Hey, I need an excuse, as well as the random lack of bollards :|
TheTallOne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Black arrow is where I meant to go, red arrow is where I did go :o: I know I didn't drive all the way to the give way line, but in that diagram I'm just estimating where it was as it was completely worn away. Hey, I need an excuse, as well as the random lack of bollards :|
Hahahaha :mmm:

If you ask me where I am on my test route, I have no idea. :p: I just know certain places which lead to other roads.
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Test in a couple of hours AHHHHHH ARGHHHHHH... lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads