Reply 9221
eden
good luck!!!

I failed lol :frown:
Maxxie
I failed lol :frown:

Join the club! :hugs: What happened?
HORRIBLE :mad:

At the time of posting my test is 24 hours and 8 minutes away.

My penultimate lesson (26th and 27th hours) were awful. I screwed up RRC to the left and to the right as well as my parallel park. Reversing was awful yesterday and I stalled several times. Oh, and I failed to stop at one of the numerous zebra crossings I encounted today.

One hour straight before will involve me driving to the test centre and within the next 25 hours I will know if I have passed for failed. Test at 14.30.
Reply 9224
upturnedpalms
Join the club! :hugs: What happened?

Got 2 serious faults and 4 minors. Serious for road markings on a dual carriageway, I changed lanes on a solid white line...wasn't looking at the road I guess. The second one was shameful hit the curb really hard during the last part of the TIR (who knew TIR would be the manoeuvre I messed up lol)

You know what's even more annoying I did an awesome parallel park, billions of hill starts and went on 3 large roundabouts and a few little ones which I didn't **** up. :o: & for once in my life I managed to put it into 3rd gear from 4th.
TheTallOne
HORRIBLE :mad:

At the time of posting my test is 24 hours and 8 minutes away.

My penultimate lesson (26th and 27th hours) were awful. I screwed up RRC to the left and to the right as well as my parallel park. Reversing was awful yesterday and I stalled several times. Oh, and I failed to stop at one of the numerous zebra crossings I encounted today.

One hour straight before will involve me driving to the test centre and within the next 25 hours I will know if I have passed for failed. Test at 14.30.

I don't know if it helps at all...but I'm the most nervous driver in the world, and the 2 lessons before my test were awful. So was the hour lesson before the actual test thinking about it.

I was so so nervous today,(I just had my test) but I just did the best I could, and I passed (First attempt) :biggrin:

Oh and my instructor had to slam the brakes on at a zebra crossing (which I hadnt seen)in my last lesson if that makes you feel any betteer.
Reply 9226
Just wondering i have had 12 lessons now and i am taking 4 lessons a week. When should i book my practical as i really want to do it before xmas. is there a long wating list normally?
Wuhay! passed my test today :biggrin: 2 minors :o:
Reply 9228
win2kpro
Wuhay! passed my test today :biggrin: 2 minors :o:

Well done :cool:
Reply 9229
I did a mock with my intructor last week - 5 majors, 1 dangerous, and 15 minors. All of this after 36 hours. :frown:

And my test is in early November, which means I've got to travel back and forth from uni and spend another sh*tload if I want more practice.

I'm sooooo tempted to just give it up for the time being.
Reply 9230
turgon
I did a mock with my intructor last week - 5 majors, 1 dangerous, and 15 minors. All of this after 36 hours. :frown:

And my test is in early November, which means I've got to travel back and forth from uni and spend another sh*tload if I want more practice.

I actually took A LOT more lessons until i took my first test, remember everyone learns at different speeds. Basically keep the mistakes you made in mind next time you go for a drive and learn from it before your test.

PS. don't give up think of the money you've already spent and have you considered using another instructor closer to your uni?
turgon

I just failed my test :frown:

We have to see what there is in Coventry, although I may consider a test around Christmas.

6 minors, 2 majors and 1 dangerous.

The dangerous was at a pedestrian crossing of all places. It was separated, the guy ran across the right side of the crossing and met the central reservation at about the same time as I met the crossing and he had to stop. That was within the first 5 minutes :mad:

Stalled at a junction, also gaining a hesitancy mark in the process and when I then left the junction I saw a small gap and went for it. The car had to slow down as I was too slow to accelerate - major.

And I screwed up the the parallel park and hit the kerb. First time that has ever happened.

28 hours of lessons (no private) = fail. Now I have to find a December test.
Reply 9232
TheTallOne

We have to see what there is in Coventry, although I may consider a test around Christmas.

The dangerous was at a pedestrian crossing of all places. It was separated, the guy ran across the right side of the crossing and met the central reservation at about the same time as I met the crossing and he had to stop. That was within the first 5 minutes :mad:

Stalled at a junction, also gaining a hesitancy mark in the process and when I then left the junction I saw a small gap and went for it. The car had to slow down as I was too slow to accelerate - major.

And I screwed up the the parallel park and hit the kerb. First time that has ever happened.

Stalling is a bummer, because as soon as you stall, you start up again and forget you're at a junction and just go LOL, I did that loads in my lessons!

I personally don't see the point in parking maneuvers, they come with time and the more experience you get, the easier they become. I mean even I wouldn't attempt a parallel park, and I never had to do one in the 4 tests I took!
Reply 9233
Maxxie
I actually took A LOT more lessons until i took my first test, remember everyone learns at different speeds. Basically keep the mistakes you made in mind next time you go for a drive and learn from it before your test.

PS. don't give up think of the money you've already spent and have you considered using another instructor closer to your uni?

Cheers for the advice. :smile: I'm unsure of whether I should have lessons near the uni as I'm now getting used to the roads in my area and the roads near uni will be brand new to me.

TheTallOne

Sorry to hear that :frown:
You've done better than me if that's any consolation (although mine was a mock) :o:
TheTallOne

Coventry isn't too bad to take your test in, that's where I did mine. Only thing is it has a very small car park and they do reverse bay park, but it's not impossible! Most of the test routes here are more Bedworth/Nuneaton anyway, but there are a couple of tricky roundabouts (near the M6 junction and football ground). Other than that there's Rugby, much nicer roads there, but they have the one way gyratory system, but again it's not impossible!
Reply 9235
Just had something like the 24th hour of driving lessons. Tried a reverse bay park for the first time. Easily the one I'll hate the most, but it's not impossible. Also got honked at twice for my crappy road position on roundabouts. Is it me or do qualified drivers seem to look out for the slightest mistakes in learners, and overtake you at stupid times? Ages ago I was signalling right to go into a junction and as I was about to go, a black BMW nearly drove into me when he was overtaking, the stupid git. :mad:
Not been in here since Thursday, cos i got a fully blown cold on Thursday night (the day i took my second test of all days - didn't help the examiner was coughing all over me) - so have been in bed! :cool:

I failed me second test on Thursday! Gutted. But onwards and upwards as they say - have already got on the phone to BSM, and booked my third test. It's on 5th November :yep:

1st test i got 13 minors and 2 serious (moving off safely, and getting myself stuck in the right lane on a dual carriageway).

Thursday i got 10 minors and 2 serious.

The first serious was because i ended up behind a roadsweeper thing, and tried to overtake him, but examiner told me not to cos i couldn't be sure what was coming.

Second serious was because i was on a roundabout. I was meant to go left, but missed my exit so ended up going straight ahead. Unfortunately i had my left hand indicator on. Ended up with a queue of cars behind me!

But i do have one thing to be proud of!

There was me in the BSM car, and a girl there taking hers in the AA car.
I got a bay park right at the very end, and i decided it was going tits up. So i went forwards, then came backwards and got it in perfectly. At the end, my instructor told me that he was watching me with the AA man, and the AA man told my instructor that my bay park was amazing. Obvs my instructor was pleased too. :smile: The reason they were both so impressed was cos apparently alot of people can bay park, but not alot can bay park after it's gone wrong in a test situation! :smile: So yeah, i failed, but that made me happier. :smile:

Got my next lesson booked for next Thursday. Waheyy :cool: Staying with my BSM instructor tho cos he's great - he's bought my driving on loads - just that i keep making daft mistakes on test day, due to my nerves!
Random question.

I've moved back home for a few months because of some thing, so obviously I won't be continuing with my instructor I had at uni.

I'm looking into ones back home now, if I find a decent instructor can I show him/her my previous driving record thing? of what my previous instructor has taught me and how well I am at doing these.
Or will I have to start from scratch? =\
Reply 9238
Enchanté
Random question.

I've moved back home for a few months because of some thing, so obviously I won't be continuing with my instructor I had at uni.

I'm looking into ones back home now, if I find a decent instructor can I show him/her my previous driving record thing? of what my previous instructor has taught me and how well I am at doing these.
Or will I have to start from scratch? =\

Start from were you left of at of course. He won't teach you what you already know.. :p:
Failed again today :frown:. Same number of faults as last time, but none the same heh. Majors for pulling in without indicating when a car was following (sure I didn't see that car) and basically not letting this van go through a narrow gap or something. Stupid things, argh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending