Thanks both...
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Thanks both...
Dunno whether you've had your test yet or not, but good luck!
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey everyone,

Just had my first lesson back since failing my 3rd test last Thursday.

It was great.

Instructor said that what we're trying to do is to get me to a standard where the examiner will find it hard to find any faults in my driving. He said that what i have is a confidence issue, so he wants to get me to be able to get my decisions right first time, rather coming up to a junction thinking "erm, erm, erm" and then getting it right second time.

Today he said he was being very picky, but it was a good thing cos he wanted to highlight every single fault i made.

He said the only thing what would've annoyed an examiner, today, was at this fairly large busy roundabout. I missed 3 opportunities where i could've gone. He said he was sat there thinking "It's clear" and each time "vroooom" the car next to us went, and we were still sat there waiting. So he said i would've deffo picked up a minor for hesitation there.
CJN
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Thanks both...
How did it go?
C274
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CJN)
How did it go?
Not well...
bex285
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Not well...
:console:
CJN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Not well...
Why what happened?
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CJN)
Why what happened?
Said I didn't give way when I blatantly did, and I drove too close to parked cars.
Now my instructor says I should book another test but my parents say I should take a break for a while and try again next year. I'm ******* insulted and might have to go shout at them.
.:excel4100%:.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
After reading most of the last couple pages, some people are lucky to fail and get to book another test in like less than a month's time! Minimum I've ever seen for me is two months....I'm just waiting for cancellations :erm:
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Awwww, sorry to hear about you guys who failed. It's annoying isn't it!? I failed third time on Thursday 5th November, so last week.
chelski786
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i've booked my test for 23rd december at 9.37. People have said I should change it to a later time because it might get cancelled because of fog and ice? Should I change it? I've only got one more chance to change it without losing my fee

p.s **** off to any ******* who ****ged me off for driving without a license.
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
just failed my test today got a serious, i was on the road and he said at the mini roundabout carry on ahead anyway i was in the right hand lane and didnt notice the stupid arrow that points to the right only and i didnt take the left beacuse there wear loads of parked cars in the left lane but didnt even indicate right it just happend so quick for me to think and i carried on with just 5 minors got my test rebooked that same afternoon for jan 7th its way off that is.
I also got an important question, when do the dsa start making big changes to the practical driving test ie: new rules to be introduced i want to get mine over and done with b4 these come into effect i mean as if it aint hard enough as it is lol
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Passed a mock test today, including the best RRC of my life, with 2 minors. Then on the way home I went to change into 2nd for some speed bumps and got 4th instead
Also, I have tried to move off in neutral twice in the space of 4 days.
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
another bit of advice from personal expairience dont tell anyone about when u got ur test just keep it to urself and obviosily ur driving instructor! i made the silly mistake of tellign everyone and failed like an idiot then looked stupid.
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
damn my spelling is bad, i was half asleep
The Stig's student cousin
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Do you need to keep the test report sheets?
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
no, just bin it mate i kept mine til my next driving lesson so me and my instructor could go over my 5 minors then binned the bar-sted
CJN
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The Stig's student cousin)
Do you need to keep the test report sheets?
Its up to you, you wont need it for anything. You should keep the certificate until your full license comes in the post.

I kept my report sheet with all my other car, driving and motorbike documents but I dont think you need to its up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1234)
79.61%
Leave (316)
20.39%

Watched Threads