The Learner driver progression thread Watch

C274
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got to drive my mum's Clio today. God it was horrible. The pedals and steering are ridiculously light. You'd think that was a good thing, but I wasn't used to it at all. It took me ages to find the biting point as I had to lift the clutch really high and, when I found it and took the handbrake off, the car shot forwards and it's not like I was flooring it or anything :| I swear I'd kept my right foot completely still, and I was only using about 1500rpm. It was like my first lesson, I felt really crippled.
Can't wait to get back into my learner car.
Alisa25
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
Got to drive my mum's Clio today. God it was horrible. The pedals and steering are ridiculously light. You'd think that was a good thing, but I wasn't used to it at all. It took me ages to find the biting point as I had to lift the clutch really high and, when I found it and took the handbrake off, the car shot forwards and it's not like I was flooring it or anything :| I swear I'd kept my right foot completely still, and I was only using about 1500rpm. It was like my first lesson, I felt really crippled.
Can't wait to get back into my learner car.
I know the feeling! Used to absolutely HATE my car due to it being as light as ****! Couldnt even find biting points lol oh and it was petrol as well. Loved my instructors car which was a diesel peugeot!

Only advice: practise, practise, practise! :rolleyes:

Hop you get on well! Im sure you will pass next time! :yep:
laura-rad
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Another test booked for 10th December, fingers crossed!
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
hey laura-red didnt you already book a test? think i saw an ealier post from you i may be wrong, anyway all the best love.
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by The_world_is_yours)
hey laura-red didnt you already book a test? think i saw an ealier post from you i may be wrong, anyway all the best love.
Might have done, I always forget where I've posted haha :p:
Thankyou!
Soundguy
Report 9 years ago
got my test on the 24th hopefully all goes well!
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
got my 2nd one booked 2 fridays after 13th of this month thats pretty damn fast !
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Alisa25)
I know the feeling! Used to absolutely HATE my car due to it being as light as ****! Couldnt even find biting points lol oh and it was petrol as well. Loved my instructors car which was a diesel peugeot!

Only advice: practise, practise, practise! :rolleyes:

Hop you get on well! Im sure you will pass next time! :yep:
Aye, I remember you complaining about it Seeing as you can drive it fine now I'm sure I'll get there in the end. It's just my mum HATES the idea of me driving her car, she doesn't feel safe :| I'll just have to convince her that practice makes perfect.

Yeah the car I learn in is a petrol Corsa, but compared to my mum's it might as well be a diesel!

Edit cos I don't wanna bump. Failed a mock test today with 2 majors and ONE MINOR :| Everything was going fine until I pulled onto a roundabout that was like a closed junction and I didn't slow down enough, and then the car was whinging cos it was in 3rd gear and I should have been in first or second. And them I did a parallel park and hit the kerb, I've never done that before so I'm almost proud :') it was just stupid mistakes though, my instructor told me I'll be fine for the test (that'll be right). Pwned the clyde tunnel too, which was nice.

Oh and the clydeside expressway is the best road ever.
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
im not worried about myself getting all worried, i mean it gets you absoluty f-ing no where anyway lol
the main thing that does bother me is what is the day going to be like, you never know what situation to expect, which idiot on the street is going to make u fail ur test, how you might get caught up in something u didnt want to get urself into! just to to take it as it comes i guess.
icapturethecastle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
hey all... thought i'd post in here since i've re-started my lessons after a year :p: before that i was learning non stop for two years and i took... wait for it... 5 tests in the space of 7 months naturally, i got put off driving, but my theory is about to expire in march so i need to get a move on... my parents didn't want me sticking to the original instructor so i've started with a new one (who, btw, looks scarily like this... not that i'm complaining) anywhooo, he was saying he was surprised that i've taken so many tests because i drive really well... this was obviously before, i crashed into another car :cry: i couldn't believe it, it was the first time i've ever hit a car before, i was so upset i nearly cried... he said i was just rusty but other than that everything else went well :erm: arrggghhh i still can't get over it, it wasn't huge or anything, just a small dent in ours and a scratch on the parked car...but still... i feel so 'meh' about it all :sigh: he said it was his fault, he should have seen it coming.. but, i've been driving for like 2 years now and it's like how can i still make such newbie mistakes... :emo:
C274
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by icapturethecastle)
this
:yep:
Maxxie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Got my second test this week

Really don't know if I'm confident or not lol. For some reason I can no longer RRC but can do good parallel parks, and before it was opposite (and my turn in the roads are on and off). Also in todays lesson an emergency vehicle confused the crap out of me.

edit. Forgot to mention I tried to RRC in first gear lol which made me laugh hysterically and my instructor not so much. Plus, I stalled the first time in a couple of months
icapturethecastle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by C274)
:yep:
lol, now i don't mind if i fail mmy 6th test coming up... means he can teach me for longer :teehee:
(Original post by Maxxie)
Got my second test this week

Really don't know if I'm confident or not lol. For some reason I can no longer RRC but can do good parallel parks, and before it was opposite (and my turn in the roads are on and off). Also in todays lesson an emergency vehicle confused the crap out of me.

edit. Forgot to mention I tried to RRC in first gear lol which made me laugh hysterically and my instructor not so much. Plus, I stalled the first time in a couple of months
try not to worry about it... it's probably just nerves... i'm currently waiting to take my 6th test:dry:
magic_unicorn
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Grrrr. Had the most frustrating driving lesson today, I almost cried in front of my instructor, esp as he was frustrated with me- after expecting I was doing quite well after my first 2 lessons.

3rd Lesson- I was doing roundabouts and the other basic things on busier roads.

After last week of being told I had good spatial awareness- he had to grab the steering wheel a few times today and he got frustrated that I wasn't pushing the gas enough and being slow at reacting to some instructions, put a bit of a downer on confidence.

Funny how people on here seem to be worried about not being pushed, but I'm having issues with being pushed and trying to keep up, making me feel out of control.
I also need to work on not being aware of so much- So I'm currently in my own way of learning.
Well next week will be more enjoyable, as I'll have less expectations on me now!
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
chances are most have been thru it my friend - i did
Rucklo
Badges: 13
Report 9 years ago
Everyone has a bad lesson now and again, when I was learning I remember about 3 lessons before my test I somehow managed to stall it twice, went round a corner miles to fast and couldnt get my parallel park close enough to the curve after like 5 attempts when I had done it fine plenty of times.
Coggy99
Report 9 years ago
Test at 2.57
The_world_is_yours
Report 9 years ago
all the best mate!
Coggy99
Report 9 years ago
Thanks!
i'm setting off in half an hour, hopefully everything should go well. i know i can do it lol!
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Coggy99)
Thanks!
i'm setting off in half an hour, hopefully everything should go well. i know i can do it lol!
Goodluck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.51%
No (614)
72.49%

Watched Threads