Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enfo)
    A 1.3 Corsa turbo, it flies.
    :hmmmm2: No it doesn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C274)
    My instructor's gone on holiday too, and so's my friend's. What's going on :|
    Yeah it's annoying. my last instructor used to go on holiday every other month, he was a good one but it was annoying really when he did that. Hopefully my new one isn't the same.
    I find it annoying because i've just started driving up again up to TIR really and my last instructor said I would be ready for bay park but my new one wants to see how I do first. Think he's pretty impressed though.
    The new car i'm learniing in is really similar, I was in a ford fusion before now it's a ford fiesta.:p: So same layout really.

ReputationRep:
    got my lesson today at 11am-1pm - got my test on thursday at 10:14 and only doing a hour lesson before - i still don't even now the under bonnet checks or done the emergency stop since october

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdubz)
    got my lesson today at 11am-1pm - got my test on thursday at 10:14 and only doing a hour lesson before - i still don't even now the under bonnet checks or done the emergency stop since october
    I wouldn't worry too much about the emergency stop. I think once you have the techique down, it's there.

ReputationRep:
    Had a lesson today in the snow, went really well and only a few lessons until my test. Just want to get it out the way now as it's a burden coming home from uni every week.

ReputationRep:
    My car that i practice in failed its MOT today lol ...3 days til it's back and usable again...

ReputationRep:
    I took my practice test today and got 12 minors Got my actual test on tuesday, don't feel ready at all! :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlf)
    I took my practice test today and got 12 minors Got my actual test on tuesday, don't feel ready at all! :yikes:
    Thats a pass though, no one really cares about how many minors you get - only the people with very few will ever ask you or talk about them to show off.

ReputationRep:
    I had a good lesson the other day. TIR is still pissing me off, but my general driving was pretty smooth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrixa)
    I had a good lesson the other day. TIR is still pissing me off, but my general driving was pretty smooth.
    TIR is in theory the easiest, so think positivly that you can do the ones like parking and RRC that involve judging where you are etc.

TIR is just full lock, then oposite and just turn the other way as late as you can.

ReputationRep:
    1 major 7 minors onmy mock today- my test is thursday i hope i'm ready. No idea about any tyre stuff of under the bonnet stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flea-x)
    1 major 7 minors onmy mock today- my test is thursday i hope i'm ready. No idea about any tyre stuff of under the bonnet stuff
    I'm in the same situation....1 major and 9 minors on my mock today, and my test is on wednesday...woo....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam_w)
    I'm in the same situation....1 major and 9 minors on my mock today, and my test is on wednesday...woo....
    Goodluck for wednesday. Just tell yourself you can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any advice on my problem!

I've just recently moved from a diesel to a petrol, i used to be hesitant a junctions in the diesel, now i'm probably even more hesitant in the petrol. The reason being i'm never confident that i can get out of them without stalling! Dad said i need to have confidence in my ability, but i'm one of these who thinks negatively about everything.

or

When i do move off from a junction without stalling. I'm the slowest car away from the junction - i can't seem to move away fast! So i wait until any cars coming up have passed, just to avoid pulling out slow and holding them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan)
    Does anyone have any advice on my problem!

I've just recently moved from a diesel to a petrol, i used to be hesitant a junctions in the diesel, now i'm probably even more hesitant in the petrol. The reason being i'm never confident that i can get out of them without stalling! Dad said i need to have confidence in my ability, but i'm one of these who thinks negatively about everything.

or

When i do move off from a junction without stalling. I'm the slowest car away from the junction - i can't seem to move away fast! So i wait until any cars coming up have passed, just to avoid pulling out slow and holding them up.
    More revs in a petrol to stop you stalling, to move off faster then just more revs and clutch out faster.

You should be taught clutch control right at the start of driving so it shouldn't be a problem later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJN)
    More revs in a petrol to stop you stalling, to move off faster then just more revs and clutch out faster.

You should be taught clutch control right at the start of driving so it shouldn't be a problem later on.
    Thanks for that! I'm really hoping that i'll get there eventually, test is meant to be on 26th Feb, but i'm not really too confident at all!

My manouevres have gone downhill since the car swap aswell (only been in it 3 times) - made a right hash of my parallel park the other day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C274)
    My instructor's gone on holiday too, and so's my friend's. What's going on :|
    maybe we have the same one :iiam:

it's annoying because he works in the week so to get the most out of his holiday he went away on a friday, used he weekend up and the week and then came back on a sunday... so even though he had a week's holiday i missed two weeks' worth of lessons :grumble: right before my test as well

ReputationRep:
    Got my theory test this afternoon; I'm fine on the multiple choice stuff but am slightly nervous about the hazard perception part. I've read things about how to time your clicks and stuff, but I think it'll be best to just trust my instincts!

ReputationRep:
    Passed today with 9 minors .

So happy I managed to pass first time!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God, I actually nearly cried in my driving lesson this afternoon. I'm just sick of making no progress with manouvers that I know I can do perfectly.

I wasn't as bad as a friend was from work, though. She once told me that she had done so many things wrong in such a short space of time that she just burst into tears. She was also on a dual carriageway at the time with no where to pull over, bless her.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.