Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know that you can only change your test date three times, but what if you REALLY need to change it but have used up all 3?

My instructor can no longer do my date but I've run out! is it worth ringing and asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by something_vague)
    I know that you can only change your test date three times, but what if you REALLY need to change it but have used up all 3?

My instructor can no longer do my date but I've run out! is it worth ringing and asking?
    you need to cancel it and continue looking for a new test date

ReputationRep:
    Had my second lesson today. Went really well I thought. Focused on junctions, how to approach them and how to exit them from both directions.

Also did my first hill start. Stalled when the handbrake was still on but after that managed to get straight off without going backwards. Was really pleased. Starting to get used to my instructors car now. I'm starting to find it easier to find the biting point on the clutch.

Looking forward to my next lesson now. Just gotta try convince my parents to insure me, even temporarily, on MY car so I can get some 'out of hours' practice.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised that my next test is in less than a week now!

I've got to think myself lucky, I got another date just 15 days after my last test, when some people have to wait months.

ReputationRep:
    Having had my driving test cancelled on Thursday 18/2 due to the snow, just had a letter from the DSA, and they rearranged my test to Thursday the 4th of March 8.20. Really surprised that the date and time is good for me, and it is so soon!

Has anyone had Tests at 8.20? Is the traffic going to terrible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    you need to cancel it and continue looking for a new test date

Ohh, so I can cancel and get my money back then just rebook?! I never knew that thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by something_vague)
    Ohh, so I can cancel and get my money back then just rebook?! I never knew that thanks
    Yeah you can, so long as it's five days before the test date :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I just realised that my next test is in less than a week now!

I've got to think myself lucky, I got another date just 15 days after my last test, when some people have to wait months.
    I'm sort of in the same situation as you... had my test in the weekend and now I'm on the lookout for a new test date... but it's so hard to find a cancellation!

ReputationRep:
    Test cancelled because of 'too much ice on the road'

ReputationRep:
    booked theory for saturday :afraid: hope i have tme to revise and stuff :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, got my driving test tommorow at 11:30

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to have a major because of excessive observation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.A.H)
    I'd have thought that would be impossible unless it affects your driving, such as swerving or not looking forward. And can you look around to much? Isn't what you should do 90% of the time you drive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.A.H)
    not really but you could get minors for undue hesitation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    I'd have thought that would be impossible unless it affects your driving, such as swerving or not looking forward. And can you look around to much? Isn't what you should do 90% of the time you drive?
    I have no idea, my neighbour had a test and she got 4 majors and one of them was excessive observation during reverse parking. I don't understand how it could be a major, minor yes but a major? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icapturethecastle)
    not really but you could get minors for undue hesitation
    I got a major for undue hesitation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoenixFortune)
    I got a major for undue hesitation.
    :console: i got one minor for it... did all yours build up to one major?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Got my 4th test tomorrow, eeeek! :eek3: Can't tell you how nervous i am, i really wanna pass and i know i can do it, i just end up making one daft mistake each time. First time i got stuck in the right hand lane on a dual carriageway. Second time i was behind a roadsweeper on a narrow country road (didn't ovetake, but examiner judged it safe to do so). Third time i was coming out of a junction which was clear but then some idiot breaking the speed limit came zooming down the road out of nowhere - BAM - me and examiner hit the brakes.

I'm just sooo desperate to pass!

I dunno, i get myself in a right tizz over the 'show me, tell me' questions - can never remember them all! :eek3:

Also i just know that something will end up going wrong, it always does.

Haha! Just gonna pretend that am on my way to see Joe McElderry/Boyzone/Westlife and if i don't pass then i don't get to see them! PMSL! Should get me through it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hassi)
    Guys, got my driving test tommorow at 11:30
    How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heartofglass)
    How did it go?
    I passed!! 5 minors

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.